Dwayne Bowe... Should Jets pursue him?

Kleckineau

With as good as our defense is proving to be Bowe could put this team into SB contention by adding another dimention to the offense.

Bowe

Washington

Jones

Cotch

Stuck

Keller

Would be pretty formidable not to mention all the players are relatively young and will grow with Sanchez only getting better year after year.

How about Riddick Bowe. Could we get him? Make him an ILB and just blitz him on everydown.

I don't know why I'm posting this I'm just silly. Sorry.

Hey wait a sec ... We could Sign Riddick for the second game vs the Pats and have him punch Belichick Right in the face during pre game warmups !! :box:

The jets have scored huge in Sanchez, and this team has no glaring holes that I can see this and next year. Hopefully we get deep into the playoffs, meaning a late first round pick. The jets would be very lucky if they draft a wr that is an immediate threat of Bowe's level, so why not just pay a third rounder and get Bowe and know what you are getting, because either way they are spending a 1st on a WR. I think giving Sanchez that huge leaping target would be insane. No real downside to this.

The jets have scored huge in Sanchez, and this team has no glaring holes that I can see this and next year. Hopefully we get deep into the playoffs, meaning a late first round pick. The jets would be very lucky if they draft a wr that is an immediate threat of Bowe's level, so why not just pay a third rounder and get Bowe and know what you are getting, because either way they are spending a 1st on a WR. I think giving Sanchez that huge leaping target would be insane. No real downside to this.

Word.

I think it would have to be at least a 2nd though.

Right on the Money.

The only big hole on Offense is that fact that we don't have a true number 1 WR. Bowe would be a great addition, like you said hes a huge leaping target. But i doubt the Cheifs will give him up.

Is your avatar a rib sandwich dude? Thats it I have to go get a rib sandwich now. See y'all on the flip.

Go Jets

The only big hole on Offense is that fact that we don't have a true number 1 WR. Bowe would be a great addition, like you said hes a huge leaping target. But i doubt the Cheifs will give him up.

If they put him on the block what makes you think they wont give him up for a good offer.

Did you read the article? He's on the trading block. Giving him up isnt the issue, the compensation is.

Word.

I think it would have to be at least a 2nd though.

What joebaby's saying is that it'll probably cost a 1st and a 3rd. That's what the article is speculating. Probably still worth it. I really don't know why they'd be interested in trading him in the first place, but they won't be giving him away.

1st and 3rd sounds fair.

I see it this way. Jets could wait for the draft, use the 1st round pick for a reciever and hope he turns out to be worthy of a 1st round selection. BUT..

If they give up a 1st and a 3rd for Bowe, the risk factor is eliminated as Bowe is a known quantity. I see the addition of the 3rd round pick to land Bowe as a reasonable cost to eliminating draft risk. (see VG)

1st and 3rd sounds fair.

I see it this way. Jets could wait for the draft, use the 1st round pick for a reciever and hope he turns out to be worthy of a 1st round selection. BUT..

If they give up a 1st and a 3rd for Bowe, the risk factor is eliminated as Bowe is a known quantity. I see the addition of the 3rd round pick to land Bowe as a reasonable cost to eliminating draft risk. (see VG)

He also wont be as expensive as a first rounder.

( What does his contract look like?)

The Chiefs know that deal has to be re worked thats why hes on the block. Trade for him and sign him right now

I could not agree with you more.

I think Pioli realizes KC needs a full rebuild and will want to start with the lines and defense in general. Getting 2 picks for Bowe could jump start his program.

1st and a 3rd feels expensive but he has pro playing time under his belt and favourable contract.

I am new to this, if we trade for him do we get him on his existing contract or do we have to negotiate a new contract.

Also will the draft class be better next year. I thought I read somewhere that more underclassmen will declare due to the CBA problems and a possible uncapped year.

Having said that draft is still a crap shoot so maybe 1st and 3rd is ok.

If KC were like the Browns could we not just offer them a couple of players

1st and a 3rd feels expensive but he has pro playing time under his belt and favourable contract.

I am new to this, if we trade for him do we get him on his existing contract or do we have to negotiate a new contract.

Also will the draft class be better next year. I thought I read somewhere that more underclassmen will declare due to the CBA problems and a possible uncapped year.

Having said that draft is still a crap shoot so maybe 1st and 3rd is ok.

If KC were like the Browns could we not just offer them a couple of players

WR is probably the hardest position to draft. Lots of first round WR busts littering the street. WR also has one of the longer learning curves in the NFL, with many players not even starting to reach their potential until their third year.

So if the Jets are thinking about spending a first round pick on a WR next, for the price of an extra 3rd they'd have a third year vet who's already proven he can play at a high level in the NFL. He'd also have a head start working with Sanchez. He may not make an impact on his new team for a number of weeks, but he'd be hitting the ground running for 2010.

Archived