Andrew Luck Might Not Even Come Out

SoFlaJets

You know, with all the hype about him not coming out for the 2011 draft I assumed this was his final year of eligibility. But you are 100% correct, he could stay for one more year. He has a long way to go to break my college record -- I tried my very best to stay until SS eligible.

You know, with all the hype about him not coming out for the 2011 draft I assumed this was his final year of eligibility. But you are 100% correct, he could stay for one more year. He has a long way to go to break my college record -- I tried my very best to stay until SS eligible.

you and Jeremy Piven in PCU

With the new rookie wage scale I find it more unlikely that guys will stay in school. That does not mean he wont do it, but there is alot more to lose now by doing it. Its an extra year towards free agency and more importantly the drop is much bigger if you kind of bust your senior year. Gabbert got around 12 million guaranteed while Leinart a few years ago ended up with over 16 million in just 3 years. I think the new system forces guys to come out.

With the new rookie wage scale I find it more unlikely that guys will stay in school. That does not mean he wont do it, but there is alot more to lose now by doing it. Its an extra year towards free agency and more importantly the drop is much bigger if you kind of bust your senior year. Gabbert got around 12 million guaranteed while Leinart a few years ago ended up with over 16 million in just 3 years. I think the new system forces guys to come out.

I was a huge fan of that with the new system. The more they encourage the kids with the talent to get out of the NCAA as quickly as possible, the better. I can't think of a more corrupt association in the sporting world. Eff them.

If Barkley has anything between his ears, he will stay at SC another year. Not ready in any way, shape or form.

Yeah, he's already beginning to fall down the boards. Most mocks no longer have him ahead of Landry Jones and some have him out of the top 10 altogether.

people don't really know Andrew Luck the person, he's a very quirky dude. Fact of the matter is he would have been #1 overall last year, he would be #1 overall this year and also #1 overall next year. But he doesn't care.

His dad Oliver Luck is a very successful man, he's not hurting for money. He goes to Stanford and from all accounts loves to learn. He's not taking rocks for jocks type classes he's taking physics and math, really tough stuff. And he's loving his life right now.

The logic is he will have his degree this year and that should be a good time for him to move on... but ya never know. I remember everyone saying Matt Leinart would be the #1 overall pick and he stayed in an extra year, sometimes these guys just love college and don't want to leave. Who can't relate to that?

IT's certainly not a good strategy to tank the season for a guy who technically has to declare for the draft early. Andrew Luck really could stay in for his redshirt senior year, it wouldn't be all that surprising. He's left big money on the table before.

It should also be noted he lost his head coach to the NFL last year and several of his key skill position weapons to the draft... and got better. Luck is the real deal. I don't like getting into the discussion of where he ranks among the all time greats but I am comfortable saying he's the best QB prospect we've seen for 10 years or more. Perhaps best to come out since Payton Manning.

Doesn't the rookie wage scale increase year to year? Luck's family isn't poor. If the #s for the #1 overall pick would be better in 2013 than 2012, he'll be increasing his value by waiting a year, wouldn't he?

I was a huge fan of that with the new system. The more they encourage the kids with the talent to get out of the NCAA as quickly as possible, the better. I can't think of a more corrupt association in the sporting world. Eff them.

Completely agree.

If money meant a lot to him, then he would've declared in 2011 before the wage scale was certain to be in place.

The individual schools...the NFL...the NBA...most of the billion soccer leagues...and yeah the NCAA stacks with any of them.

I could see Luck staying, but I expect he'll enter.

Some fear Luck could make a power play

Posted by Mike Florio on October 19, 2011, 9:57 AM EDT

luckap-e1319032651305.jpg?w=233 AP

As the “Suck for Luck” campaign moves from simmer toward full boil, there’s a caveat. If sucking for Luck creates the impression that the franchise sucks too badly, Stanford quarterback Andrew Luck could make an Eli Manning-style power play.

Albert Breer of NFL.com reports that some in league circles are concerned that Luck and his father, WVU athletics director Oliver Luck (who once was the 44th overall pick in the draft), could make it known that Andrew doesn’t want to play, or simply won’t play, for the team that holds the top pick in the draft, in the hopes of forcing a trade.

“Absolutely. I’ve heard that for the last two years,” an unnamed scout told Breer. “There’s no question that it could be a Manning thing all over again.”

The “Manning thing” refers to the 2004 draft. Archie Manning, former NFL quarterback, made it clear that Eli didn’t want to play for the Chargers, who held the first pick in the draft. So the Chargers took Eli and then traded him to the Giants, who had taken Philip Rivers with the fourth overall pick. (As legend has it, Archie took the heat for the move, even though it was Eli who desperately didn’t want to play for the Chargers.)

Forcing a trade represents the far more realistic alternative to Andrew Luck simply choosing to stay in school another year in order to avoid playing for an organization that he and his father deem to be dysfunctional. Indeed, there’s no guarantee that, if Andrew Luck spends one more season at Stanford, the franchise with the first pick in 2013 will be as bad or worse than the franchise that emerges with the first pick in 2012.

This means that, once a team secures the first overall pick, communications will commence with the Lucks to find out whether Andrew is lukewarm about playing for that franchise — and whether anything can be done to make the team more attractive, such as hiring a certain coach. As Breer points out, the situation gives Luck plenty of power as his pro career commences.

Of course, the ultimate irony would arise if the Broncos lose to the Dolphins on Sunday, if the Broncos ultimately “earn” the top pick, and if the best Stanford quarterback since John Elway does to the team Elway currently runs that which Elway did 28 years ago, forcing a trade from the Colts to the Broncos just like Eli did.

I believe that Mark Sanchez is a homo-sexual.

See what I did there. Doesn't make it true, just because one person thinks it could happen, doesn't make it likely, or even possible.

He said at the begining of this season that he's going to the pro's next April. Does anybody really think he's not doing enough this year to justify leaving school? He's graduating, he's at the top of the Heisman race, he's undefeated, he has one difficult game to win before potentially playing in the National Championship, and he's losing most of his friends and teammates that came in the same year he did.

He's coming out.

See what I did there. Doesn't make it true, just because one person thinks it could happen, doesn't make it likely, or even possible.

He said at the begining of this season that he's going to the pro's next April. Does anybody really think he's not doing enough this year to justify leaving school? He's graduating, he's at the top of the Heisman race, he's undefeated, he has one difficult game to win before potentially playing in the National Championship, and he's losing most of his friends and teammates that came in the same year he did.

He's coming out.

It's gonna be funny when the Dolphins beat the Broncos this week. The Dolphins may blow like fish and stink like Tuna, but Teebow will give the game to Miami. Gonna be funny watching Miami improve to 1-5.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5t8QnCNPwfs

If you owned a team that needed a major rebuild job, like the Dolphins, why not field a crappy team. Do what the Knicks did for a few years; though Lebron blew up that plan a bit.

If Luck stays in school another year, suck for Luck in 2012 again. If you dont get the first pick, draft the next best QB....

people don't really know Andrew Luck the person, he's a very quirky dude. Fact of the matter is he would have been #1 overall last year, he would be #1 overall this year and also #1 overall next year. But he doesn't care.

His dad Oliver Luck is a very successful man, he's not hurting for money. He goes to Stanford and from all accounts loves to learn. He's not taking rocks for jocks type classes he's taking physics and math, really tough stuff. And he's loving his life right now.

The logic is he will have his degree this year and that should be a good time for him to move on... but ya never know. I remember everyone saying Matt Leinart would be the #1 overall pick and he stayed in an extra year, sometimes these guys just love college and don't want to leave. Who can't relate to that?

IT's certainly not a good strategy to tank the season for a guy who technically has to declare for the draft early. Andrew Luck really could stay in for his redshirt senior year, it wouldn't be all that surprising. He's left big money on the table before.

It should also be noted he lost his head coach to the NFL last year and several of his key skill position weapons to the draft... and got better. Luck is the real deal. I don't like getting into the discussion of where he ranks among the all time greats but I am comfortable saying he's the best QB prospect we've seen for 10 years or more. Perhaps best to come out since Payton Manning.

Good post.

Agree on all counts.

Will be interesting to see what he does.

Do you know the Luck family?

It's gonna be funny when the Dolphins beat the Broncos this week. The Dolphins may blow like fish and stink like Tuna, but Teebow will give the game to Miami. Gonna be funny watching Miami improve to 1-5.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5t8QnCNPwfs

the funny part is going to be the crowd cheering for the broncos.....in miami.....if you're a miami fan, go golfing this sunday

He is.

It is true.

What he has said previously means nothing. The kid will weigh his options and make a decision that he wants to make when he has to make it. Debating it now means nothing. Waste of time.

He's coming out.

He might.

He might not. Nobody but Luck knows whats going on in his head.

Archived