Rex starting to walk on thin ice

Ranger

If the Jets go in the tank here I wonder if Rex will have a melt down. Something like punching Cimini in the face. Rex just doesn't seem to be a guy who can control himself when things go badly wrong

Honestly, I think he's a good coach with some flaws that are fixable. No matter what his outcome, Superbowls or colossal busts I think that his departure one day is going to be centered around a very tumultuous situation.

Rex doesn't care about the offense.

This was once again confirmed when he said the following in his presser last night: "We played a great game up until the end."

Great game? Really? In that statement, Rex proved that he STILL only cares about the defense. Obviously, the offense was the furthest thing from great from beginning to end.

If the Jets go in the tank here I wonder if Rex will have a melt down. Something like punching Cimini in the face. Rex just doesn't seem to be a guy who can control himself when things go badly wrong

both my wife and I said it looked like Rex had been crying when he came out for the post game press conference. Look, from what Southerm Jet just PM'd me over on Twitter about JP Pelzman saying to him that Woody is already pissed that Schottenheimer will be fired if we don't make the playoffs. If it takes us not making the playoffs for that to happen then for this Jets fan it's worth the trade off. Besides, if we DO happen to sneak in does anybody here really believe we're seeing a championship caliber team out there this year?

Last week?

"That was the worst play in the history of the NFL" Sanchez calling TO

A fair counterpoint.

But, I see that, as BG said, as a heat of the moment thing. He's never said anything but that he believes in Sanchez and that he's "the guy". Same thing goes for the rest of the players.

Rex is like your grandfather... He loves and adores you no matter what, he brags about you to his friends, he thinks just about everyone else is an a$$hole, he's a bit of a perv, and he probably drinks too much.

Yes. When has Rex ever thrown a Jets player under the bus?

Pardon me, but didn't Rex say that Mark's call of a time out in the Pats game was the "dumbest football play of all time?" Also, in his post game presser after the Pats game, didn't Rex say "see what a great QB can do for your team?" If that is not throwing a player (Sanchez) under the bus, than it must be throwing a player under an SUV.

Rex lies. Belichick lies. John Fox lies, Tom Coughlin lies....welcome to the real world, folks.

Pardon me, but didn't Rex say that Mark's call of a time out in the Pats game was the "dumbest football play of all time?" Also, in his post game presser after the Pats game, didn't Rex say "see what a great QB can do for your team?" If that is not throwing a player (Sanchez) under the bus, than it must be throwing a player under an SUV.

Rex lies. Belichick lies. John Fox lies, Tom Coughlin lies....welcome to the real world, folks.

Yeah. I've conceded that Rex did say that, but I meant more as far as saying that someone is "our guy" up until the minute he's gone. He's said that about Sanchez all along. In reality, the things he's said, as far as the compliments to Brady and the "dumbest play" bit reveal that it's more than likely BS that Rex believes in Sanchez at this point. But, he's going to continue to say positive things about him up until the moment he's gone.

Hopefully, that moment is soon.

TheJetsStream Manish Mehta

Rex Ryan this morning on Mark Sanchez: "He's going to be our QB for as long as I'm here.... We know we got the right guy." #nyj

I dont see a problem with that. Im just glad that he didnt make that statement about schotty being the O.C.

Sanchez will be the jets QB for a long time imo as well. Put the right pieces around him coaching wise, get him an offensive line who can block and let the kid play football.

Archived