Cromarties muffed punt was NOT his fault

JOJOTOWNSELL

I was at the game sunday and had pretty decent lowers....had a good view of jets sideline

Cro was lining up to return the punt and had #7 (O'connell??) on the sidelines jumping up and down like a maniac telling him to move back.......waving his hands all animated,.......Cro moves back 5 yards and #7 keeps waving him back more......Cro goes back another 5 yards........#7 is now in full on bezerker mode, like he is trying to flag down a plane from a deserted island.......Cro goes back another 5 yards..........

What happens?? The punter kicks it to where Cro had originally lines up (15 yards ahead) and he has to run up and try to make an extremely difficult play....obviously he doesn't

Moral of the Story??

Never listen to the backup backup qb

I was at the game sunday and had pretty decent lowers....had a good view of jets sideline

Cro was lining up to return the punt and had #7 (O'connell??) on the sidelines jumping up and down like a maniac telling him to move back.......waving his hands all animated,.......Cro moves back 5 yards and #7 keeps waving him back more......Cro goes back another 5 yards........#7 is now in full on bezerker mode, like he is trying to flag down a plane from a deserted island.......Cro goes back another 5 yards..........

What happens?? The punter kicks it to where Cro had originally lines up (15 yards ahead) and he has to run up and try to make an extremely difficult play....obviously he doesn't

Moral of the Story??

Thanks JOJO. I thought Cro was going to go into full Cromagnon rage after the TD on that series...

Moral of the Story??

You know what Cro did ? he muffed the punt.

How could you seriously make an excuse for a guy dropping a ball that hit him in the Chest other than the fact he probably should not have been out there in the first place. Did running under the punt somehow make him drop it ?

You know what Cro did ? he muffed the punt.

How could you seriously make an excuse for a guy dropping a ball that hit him in the Chest other than the fact he probably should not have been out there in the first place. Did running under the punt somehow make him drop it ?

Cro was lined up where he needed to be.......he listened to the egghead on the sidelines who moved him back 15-20 yards..........if Cro stays put he makes the play......

Moral of the Story??

IMO, when a ball hits you in the chest you need to catch it...PERIOD...But what was his fault was the TD he gave up after the muffed punt.

Cro was lined up where he needed to be.......he listened to the egghead on the sidelines who moved him back 15-20 yards..........if Cro stays put he makes the play......

JOJO he ran under the football and muffed it do you think that makes a difference where he was standing when the ball was punted ?

Funny, when I was watching from my livingroom I saw the ball go right thru Cro's hands and hit the turf. Glad to find out I was mistaken and he was not to blame for the error. We need to stop treating punt returns like a 10 year old's little league team...everyone doesn't need to get a chance. Stick with Kerley and if he is injured, go with Leonard. Stop bringing in Cro and McKnight and whoever else to screw it up.

Funny, when I was watching from my livingroom I saw the ball go right thru Cro's hands and hit the turf. Glad to find out I was mistaken and he was not to blame for the error. We need to stop treating punt returns like a 10 year old's little league team...everyone doesn't need to get a chance. Stick with Kerley and if he is injured, go with Leonard. Stop bringing in Cro and McKnight and whoever else to screw it up.

The reason Cro was out there was because Kerley was Hurt Leonhard was winded and Rex forgot his brain up his a$$. Why do I say rex and not Westhoff because on the sidelines after the fumble rex pointed at someone and said "its on me" and pointed to his chest.

Funny story, figured I'd tell it here...

So I'm playing hoops tonight. A couple of new guys show up to the court. 1 looks like a typical ginny from Brooklyn. He was. But I learned this because we were on the same team one game when he's at the top of the key and picks up his dribble. I'm trying to shake this guy who's guarding me who is 6'6 so he's got the reach and he's face guarding me. So me and the ginny make eye contact, I look one way he looks the same, but the guy was reading my eyes and cut it off, so I juked back thought he'd see that. Ginny throws right, I go left, ball goes out of bounds.

He says sorry, I say no worries, I ran an in, you threw and out. He goes, "yeah, just like Sanchez". Started dying laughing. Told him I was a Jets fan. Pretty fun situation honestly.

Moral of the Story??

Cromartie dropped the punt. It is his fault. That's how it works...

So I'm playing hoops tonight. A couple of new guys show up to the court. 1 looks like a typical ginny from Brooklyn. He was. But I learned this because we were on the same team one game when he's at the top of the key and picks up his dribble. I'm trying to shake this guy who's guarding me who is 6'6 so he's got the reach and he's face guarding me. So me and the ginny make eye contact, I look one way he looks the same, but the guy was reading my eyes and cut it off, so I juked back thought he'd see that. Ginny throws right, I go left, ball goes out of bounds.

He says sorry, I say no worries, I ran an in, you threw and out. He goes, "yeah, just like Sanchez". Started dying laughing. Told him I was a Jets fan. Pretty fun situation honestly.

What happened to you?

funny story did you claim santonio ?

Its "funnier" when JiF tells it!

I'm going out on a limb to say westhoff tells o'connell where to send cro, so if you want to pass the buck, pass it to westy

parcells used to coach punt returners. rule #1 is always sprint to the spot so you can set your feet, never "float" over or "drift" over and catch it on the move

he broke rule #1, and dropped the ball

Oh bravo.

I want to strangle you till your very last breath and then smash your skull in with my heel.

Did I start my own thread for that story? No.

And I appreciate this thread. Never mind the fact that the ball hit Cro in the bread basket, never mind that you dont actually have to field a punt...it was all the back up QB's fault. What you didnt know, it was also his fault that Cro gave up a TD to Brad Smith on the ensuing play.

Moral of the Story??

Maybe if Cro spent more time learning how to catch and less time fathering children, it wouldn't have happened?

The reason Cro was out there was because Kerley was Hurt Leonhard was winded and Rex forgot his brain up his a$$. Why do I say rex and not Westhoff because on the sidelines after the fumble rex pointed at someone and said "its on me" and pointed to his chest.

I don't think that Leonhard was winded. I think he had the wind knocked out of him. The play before the punt was a short pass and IIRC Leonhard went down low blasted Nelson's legs. He was slow to get up and that's probably why they went to Cromartie. I was complaining about it at the game because IMO Cromartie is the guy you use when you are losing, not when you are holding a slim lead. The other obvious choice would be McKnight, but he may have been the #1 RB at the time because Greene has been hurt and McKnight had replaced him the previous series and stayed out for the next one. Greene may not have been ready to go or at least far from full strength.,

Archived