Colts Fans on the Peyton to the Jets rumors

Maxman

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even though Polian has already said Manning will be back

IF he ends up somewhere else its going to be the Jets. .they are the most super bowl ready team w/o a good QB

Stupid freakin Colt's fan.... Don't even know Shotty suck. LOL

Savings for the Jets if they traded for Peyton:

1. Job Cut: Offensive Coordinator
  2. Job Cut: QB Coach
  3. Helmet savings: Remove radio from Peyton's helmet

I hope you're right on this just like I hoped you were right on Favre. Its just the Jets fan in me is scared to death of this actually happening.

imo, if Manning gets healthy and Colts Management thinks with their head instead of their hearts it makes a lot of sense... And that ignores Luck and/or Manning's ego's being too big to coexist and one of them forcing Manning out..

Manning will want to go to a win now team

Rex thinks Manning is the sh*t

Rex thinks he'd win 4 SB's with Manning and his defense

Jets have a track record of making big splashes

NFL would love Manning in NY, facing off with Pats

If the Colts are smart, you trade Manning, get a bunch of picks to help build whats left of the team around the new face of the franchise. If they sign Mannings bonus for 28M, he'll basically be there for 2 years, plus stuck between win now and build for the future modes

It's def a long shot, but I think it's far from impossible

One Colt fan on that thread said that there is something like a 4 day window to trade him in February... what does that mean? can't anyone be traded after the super bowl or is there maybe something in Manning's contract saying they can only trade him within a certain zone which I guess is a week in February?

One Colt fan on that thread said that there is something like a 4 day window to trade him in February... what does that mean? can't anyone be traded after the super bowl or is there maybe something in Manning's contract saying they can only trade him within a certain zone which I guess is a week in February?

there's competing rumors, and they all center around the exact timing of his 28M bonus he's due. If it's 4 days after league year opens, that gives them 4 days to make a deal before having to pay it ouy. The other rumor is that the bonus is due before start of the year, which gives Manning a lot more leverage in where he'd end up

polian is saying he will be back to keep fan morale up, and obviously to keep negotiating leverage

lets say his wife makes him play until he is paralyzed for the money, and he is dumb enough to agree

if a team was dumb enough to want to take a chance to spend the entire franchises worth on a 36 year old slow guy who is one hit away from the hospital and a breathing tube.....

anyone want to venture what the colts would want in trade ?

I'd say carson palmer set the bar and we all know the colts will want a LOT more that what carson, "never won anything" palmer went for

there's competing rumors, and they all center around the exact timing of his 28M bonus he's due. If it's 4 days after league year opens, that gives them 4 days to make a deal before having to pay it ouy. The other rumor is that the bonus is due before start of the year, which gives Manning a lot more leverage in where he'd end up

Interesting, thank you.

Peyton coming to the Jets could be a dream, but the team has sank a ton of money on Sanchez. I really don't want a fix to the Shotty problem and the fact that Rex has to step up and get the whole team ready and not just half. Speical team has not played well, O line is as strong as a wet paperbag, and the play calling is right out of a high school play book. Rex has the D rolling, so anyone with sight can see where all the preperation is at. As Jets fans we should think about what can be changed to get to the problem fixed and not some band-aid to throw the ball. Kick Shotty out on the street and see if we can get a head coach that will move the team forward and not half the team. I have been a Jets fan since 1968 when my old man got season tickets and we really should expect more.

imo, if Manning gets healthy and Colts Management thinks with their head instead of their hearts it makes a lot of sense... And that ignores Luck and/or Manning's ego's being too big to coexist and one of them forcing Manning out..

Manning will want to go to a win now team

Rex thinks Manning is the sh*t

Rex thinks he'd win 4 SB's with Manning and his defense

Jets have a track record of making big splashes

NFL would love Manning in NY, facing off with Pats

If the Colts are smart, you trade Manning, get a bunch of picks to help build whats left of the team around the new face of the franchise. If they sign Mannings bonus for 28M, he'll basically be there for 2 years, plus stuck between win now and build for the future modes

It's def a long shot, but I think it's far from impossible

Pied piper play me a tune. Your my new favorite storyteller. I will rub my belly every night with sausage gravy and hope this tale comes to life. So freakin awesome.

Any long time Jet fan knows how this would play out.We would sign him to a crazy amount of $$$, give up the next 7-10 years, he would re-injure himself at camp and we would be in worse shape then when it all started. Alot like the Favre fiasco...

Any long time Jet fan knows how this would play out.We would sign him to a crazy amount of $$$, give up the next 7-10 years, he would re-injure himself at camp and we would be in worse shape then when it all started. Alot like the Favre fiasco...

The "favre fiasco" is what rid this team of the disease that is Chad Pennington, and directly led to Rex replacing Mangina... i not for favre, we wouldn't be able to brag about losing back to back AFC championship games

I was def one of the first, and yes, there are rumors building now

this is almost as bad as JiF taking credit for inventing "lol" on the internet. yeah, you were the first to think about Manning to the Jets hahah.. oh boy.

Archived