Peyton Manning

Favorite_Toon

I will go as far as to say if peyton Manning is our qb next year...we win the superbowl... firing sh*tenheimer and benching or traqding sanchez and signing or trading for Peyton wil have a huge impact..

If Peyton manning was our qb the past two years we might have won the superbowl...both years... not that far off... I mean sanchez took us to the AFC Championship... well our Defense did....

Archie: Peyton, Luck not likely to co-exist

1493.jpg

Archie Manning believes Peyton Manning and Andrew Luck do not want to be teammates on the Colts next season.

Luck has participated in the Manning Passing Academy in Louisiana. His father, Oliver, was a teammate of Archie's, so the families may have already touched base on the possibility. Despite team president Bill Polian's comments to the contrary, the Indianapolis Star's Bob Kravitz has been adamant that Manning and Luck can't co-exist in Indy next season. It's quite possible that Manning and the Colts could be headed toward a divorce in an offseason of major rebuilding.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I said it before and will say it again...I believe given the opportunity...Peyton would come here in a heart beat. The problem I have is I am not ready to quit on Sanchez. The kid is still in the learning stages of becoming a good NFL QB. The question I have is at this point in time, would Sanchez accept a back up role if Peyton was to come here?

I said it before and will say it again...I believe given the opportunity...Peyton would come here in a heart beat. The problem I have is I am not ready to quit on Sanchez. The kid is still in the learning stages of becoming a good NFL QB. The question I have is at this point in time, would Sanchez accept a back up role if Peyton was to come here?

I would have to agree with you, Sanchez just needs to get eye to eye with the receivers. The O line really are our problem, well in the beginning of the year they were they are starting to losen up now. But back to the point, I wouldn't mind Manning on are team.

Why can't they co-exist? Luck does not deserve to start in the NFL and he has an opportunity to sit behind one of the greats and learn. That is a great opportunity that he would be crazy to pass up.

I think its the perception... is more a slap in the face to Peyton. I am guessing on that.

I don't think it does. Three or four years with a healthy Manning is worth the wait.

In three or four years Sanchez will be a better QB than a 20 year vet Peyton Manning.

The wait isnt worth it unless we can find a way to keep both QB's. If thats not possible then I dont want Manning. IMO its not smart to throw away a franchise QB for a 15 year vet with neck issues.

Besides, we need to put that money into Safeties, Linebackers, Running Backs and Defense/Offensive Linemen. We're going to need a CB as well.

I think its the perception... is more a slap in the face to Peyton. I am guessing on that.

Could be, but Manning has had three maybe four neck surgeries in the past 16 months. He is the face of their franchise. I can see them trying to treat him poorly. However what is clear is that he cannot play forever, hell he may never play again. I think the Colts would be nuts to pass up on Luck if they thought that he was the best player in CFB and obvioulsy available at the first pick.

Isn't the opposite the problem? That Manning doesn't want to have a pro-ready QB backing him up?

Is manning that much of an ego-maniac? The Colts clearly have problems at QB, but they have a host other problems as well. Maybe the colts trade out of the pick. At this point luck have to be more valuable (in picks) than manning.

Chris Mortenson just reported on ESPN Radio that Manning/Luck won't coexist.

He listed the destinations in this order:

1) Washington

2) Miami

3) Jets, with the caveat that Sanchez has elevated his game at the end of seasons so the Jets will decide what they feel about him based on that.

1) Washington

2) Miami

3) Jets, with the caveat that Sanchez has elevated his game at the end of seasons so the Jets will decide what they feel about him based on that.

best chance for a SB = NYJ

best chance for Marketing $$$ = NYJ

closer to his little bro, pats rivalry...

But i do agree, if Sanchez ups his game and we got deep in the playoffs I can't see us dropping him. Unfortunately

1) Washington

2) Miami

I believe, as Mortenson pointed out Manning would never accept that situation (Manning/Luck). As for the destinations he selected....There is NO way Manning agrees to go to Washington and Miami (there are various reasons for that).

I strongly believe Manning see's an opportunity with the Jets, and here are the reasons:

1. The biggest reason is a move to the Jets would be a Media Hyper-Blitz till the season starts next year.

2. He would join his brother in New York.

3. The Jets have the potential to go to the Super Bowl, something Manning does not see with Washington Nor Miami.

4. The Jets have Tom Moore now.

5. Manning's desire to show the NFL world that he is the best, And in New York, he will acheive that.

6. Manning leading the Jets to a Super Bowl, and Winning it. That would be priceless.

1) Washington

2) Miami

The coexisting issue came out yesterday or the day before when Mannings dad pretty much said they wont play on the same team and he has definitely pulled strings before for his sons so everyone knew what he meant by it. I did hear his teams listed, but I got the feeling that he was just throwing the Jets out there because of who the host of the show is and the fact that he knows its in the back of the minds of the Jets fans. I actually cant see the Redskins as a destination with their current structure. I cant see any way he and their coach coexist. Taking the weather out of it I see the best situations for him to be teams like the Dolphins, Jets, Bears and maybe Broncos. Defensive coaches that will basically can their OC, bring in whomever he wants and let him run the show.

Archived