Next Offensive Coordinator

Lupz27

keep mangold,kerley, and slauson, and then fire all the offensive players while you are at it

I actually think we need a complete revamping on offense. ( I am also not entirely sure what revamping means ) Green is not the back I want, Holmes is not the WR I want, and Sanchez..... oh Sanchez. Keller is a player as well as 4/5 of the O line are fine IMO. Kerley, Turner and Connor are all fine as well. Plax is good if he plays for cheap. Mcnight is cheap and ok. We need a whole new philosophy as well. We gots lotsa work to do man

Great post...

Thanks Max

After doing some digging and reading on The 49ers, Ravens, and Texans offensive coaching staffs, the coach I've been most impressed with is Greg Knapp QB coach Houstan Texans, he has the best resume as far as im concerned, both the 49ers, and Ravens offenses are run threw the Harbaughs and there offensive coordinators, Knapp has done a good job with TJ Yates even thou he was a late round rookie pick. This paragraph from an interview he did on Matt Leinart getting a chance to start again after the Schaub injury, and before Leinarts is what completly sold me on him.

On how much the Texans’ play-action game fits Leinart’s skill set: “It fits him real well. I’m kind of in a unique position here because I was with the Oakland Raiders when Lane Kiffin got the head job. Lane had just finished being the co-offensive coordinator at USC when Matt Leinart was there… and so the offense that he put in at Oakland was similar to what we do here. And so it was very familiar for me to see the different types of play-calling and plays they used with what we do here, and I’ve known for a fact that USC studied a lot of Gary Kubiak’s offense over the years. So, sometimes in this business like it is in any other profession it’s not so much when you get drafted but the right fit, and maybe Arizona wasn’t the right fit once they changed head coaches there from Denny Green to Ken Whisenhunt. Here, it seems to be the right fit for him from a scheme standpoint.”

Sanchez has to have a lot of information from those days, and if that is true that USC studied Kubiak's offense over the years, and Greg Knapp is well versed in both what Kubiack does now, and what USC did when Mark was there he could be the Best coach to put a system in that will give Mark his best chance to succeed.

Now all way have to do is get Schotty the hell out of here, I kind of believe Rex, and Tanny, that he is not going anywhere if he doesn't get a head coaching gig (unless he resigns I doubt it thou).

Also hopefully the Texans would grant permission to speak with him if we asked.

I think it's time we all just accept shotty will not get the jags job (mularky will get it) and he will not be fired

the next OC for the NYJ is shotty

callahan will go back to college

Heard both Rex and Mike T on the Michael Kay show today. I'm convinced that Shotty will be here unless he is hired as HC somewhere. I really find it hard to believe he will be.

Guys face it. Schotty will be running the Jets O next year

Yea I know I stated in my above post I do believe both Rex, and Tanny that he will be back, but a fella can dream can't he?

It's all but official (I hope) that Schotty will be gone, everyone is talking about Callahan, Norv Turner, and the Packers guy.

The only one on that list that I think would be a real canidate IF, (he is the head coach he should be) Rex is included and has a heavy influence on who the Jets sign, would be Callahan.

If Rex is indeed pulling the trigger on this coach it probably will come from, a Harbaugh (either brother) decipal, or a Kubiak decipal, the Jets philosophy when Rex is the head coach is and always be ground, and pound, that's what he wants, but he doesn't care what kind of passing system is installed to compliment the ground and pound, that he will leave up to the Offensive Coordinator as long as it does not lead to turning the ball over. Both Kubiak, and Harbaugh styles are very heavy run oriented systems and are complimented with Play action DOWN FIELD passing game, and, then after they loosen up the D with the down field passing they hit them with a VERY effective RB screen game. All of this would compliment what Rex wants as a coach, ball control, and points associated with that ball control, keeping his defense fresh, and playing from ahead so he can wreck havoc with his defensive scheme opening up the whole play book, once the other team becomes one dimensional, thats when Rex Ryan's defenses are at there best.

I don't know who is available and/or qualified from those 3 teams, but if there is anyone who is coordinator worthy look for the Jets to look there if Rex is pulling the string on this.

Very nicely stated.......

What about Josh McDaniels? And if Schotty is here running the offense next year I might not even watch. There's no way we can field the same offense we had this year and it be better. No f*cking way. We all know this, and I hope the FO does too or faith will be completely lost in them.

If Shotty is still here next year and we sh*t the bed, then I say...Rex, Shotty and Sanchez are all gone. I mean I did hear Rex say Shotty is his man barring he gets a HC job right?

The 8-8 debackle is on Rex right he did say that, then his descision to keep Shotty is on his head too. The man has got to take responsibility for his actions. We sh*t the bed they are all gone...listening Woody?

If Shotty is still here next year and we sh*t the bed, then I say...Rex, Shotty and Sanchez are all gone. I mean I did hear Rex say Shotty is his man barring he gets a HC job right?

The 8-8 debackle is on Rex right he did say that, then his descision to keep Shotty is on his head too. The man has got to take responsibility for his actions. We sh*t the bed they are all gone...listening Woody?

THIS

Rex need to look across town at Coughlin, a coach who was on the hot seat a couple of times, first he changes O-Coordinator mid season boom SB, after the luster of the SB has worn off the D looked as bad as our O at times he changed D-Coordinators, both moves saved his job, because he was proactive and made attempts at fixing what was wrong instead of lying to himself and everyone else that it was just bad luck or a bad day I'll suit up with this team tomorrow and will kick anyone's a$$, he needs to get a grip on reality and fix what is wrong even if the next guy doesn't get it right fine, you may still keep your job through a 3rd guy because you tried to repair the ship instead of hooking to it's weakest link and going down with it.

THIS

Rex need to look across town at Coughlin, a coach who was on the hot seat a couple of times, first he changes O-Coordinator mid season boom SB, after the luster of the SB has worn off the D looked as bad as our O at times he changed D-Coordinators, both moves saved his job, because he was proactive and made attempts at fixing what was wrong instead of lying to himself and everyone else that it was just bad luck or a bad day I'll suit up with this team tomorrow and will kick anyone's a$$, he needs to get a grip on reality and fix what is wrong even if the next guy doesn't get it right fine, you may still keep your job through a 3rd guy because you tried to repair the ship instead of hooking to it's weakest link and going down with it.

EXACTLY EXACTLY EXACTLY.......

Probably because the extent of what you know about Martz's offense is basically limited to the fact that it's always being referred to as vaguely complicated. Don't be that guy. Read this.

http://smartfootball.blogspot.com/2005/12/st-louis-rams-shallow-cross-concepts.html

That's tremendous stuff. Thanks for the link. That site is fantastic. Definitely didn't realize that Martz's deal was so relatively basic.

There is no way in hell we can have another season like the last one. It's already blew up with Santonio and Mark, Santonio and Shotty, same stupid play calling and bad coaching by Shotty. If Rex is going to get any better as a HC he has to realize that, that mixture just wont work unless they all come to a Kumbaya agreement and start singing together. Can that happen? possibly. But here's the trick question.

If Shotty is able to interview for HC jobs like in Jacksonville, why can't we interview someone else for a OC job. If Shotty gets the Jacksonville HC job, then we are sh*t out of luck. Why are'nt we making a move to get someone just incase Shotty is gone?

That's tremendous stuff. Thanks for the link. That site is fantastic. Definitely didn't realize that Martz's deal was so relatively basic.

Not just that, but as you'll hopefully have noticed, what heavy lifting there is for the quarterback to do is all before the play, which seems like it would be helpful when the quarterback turns into a pumpkin when the ball is snapped.

Not just that, but as you'll hopefully have noticed, what heavy lifting there is for the quarterback to do is all before the play, which seems like it would be helpful when the quarterback turns into a pumpkin when the ball is snapped.

Definitely. That's where I think Sanchez is most terrible, too. He's constantly shocked to find out what the defense is doing when the ball gets snapped, leading to the pump fakes, scrambles, and general freakouts. I just don't think Sanchez can be coached past the point of his cognitive failings. The only thing that will buffer it is 6, 7, 8 years of experience as a backup.

I actually think we need a complete revamping on offense. ( I am also not entirely sure what revamping means ) Green is not the back I want, Holmes is not the WR I want, and Sanchez..... oh Sanchez. Keller is a player as well as 4/5 of the O line are fine IMO. Kerley, Turner and Connor are all fine as well. Plax is good if he plays for cheap. Mcnight is cheap and ok. We need a whole new philosophy as well. We gots lotsa work to do man

connor is a decent player,but the fullback has got to go.not the player per say,but the position in general. 2 tight ends is where its at

connor is a decent player,but the fullback has got to go.not the player per say,but the position in general. 2 tight ends is where its at

While I agree with you, if you could get Connor to be more of an impact in the passing game ala Richie anderson and Jerald Sowell it would be a great weapon. Add to it that he can pop you in the mouth on top of it and he'd be really valuable.

Plus we don't even use one TE correctly IMO.

Archived