If the Giants lose to Pats

Lupz27

What writer will be the first to write the story stating the Giants lost focus on the game, were more concerned about trashing the Jets?

It seems everyother article has a Giant player either blantently throwing digs at the Jets, or throwing subtle hints towards a Jets dig.

I don't hear anything from our real rivals the Pats, they are more concerned with the Giants. Maybe the Giants should be more concerned with the Pats, and forget about the Jets.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What writer will be the first to write the story stating the Giants lost focus on the game, were more concerned about trashing the Jets?

It seems everyother article has a Giant player either blantently throwing digs at the Jets, or throwing subtle hints towards a Jets dig.

I don't hear anything from our real rivals the Pats, they are more concerned with the Giants. Maybe the Giants should be more concerned with the Pats, and forget about the Jets.

Pats are trashing the Jets this week too... seems everyone is.

Actually, Jet beat writers are working the SB so they are the ones asking the Giants about the Jets. That's why you hear all the Jets comments.

The only one that went out of his way to diss the Jets was the Giants PR director (who, of course, doesn't play) and that was because of the riduculous comments Rex made about the Giants in his book and leading up to the Jets-Giants game.

The Jets deserve any trashing they get. Our big mouth coach makes stupid guarantees, our players act like thugs and divas and both the Patsies and 'ants beat us on the way to the Super Bowl.

I've been a Jets fan through a lot of sh*tty seasons, but this one really pissed me off.

if you think the giants are more focused on the jets than the patriots, the team they are playing in the superbowl in a few days then your out of your mind

Well said. giants are 100% focused on the Patriots. Jets are 100% focused on anything but.

Actually, Jet beat writers are working the SB so they are the ones asking the Giants about the Jets. That's why you hear all the Jets comments.

The only one that went out of his way to diss the Jets was the Giants PR director (who, of course, doesn't play) and that was because of the riduculous comments Rex made about the Giants in his book and leading up to the Jets-Giants game.

Yep

Cimini is in his glory

Fair enough, but shouldn't the Giants just brush it off, and dismiss the Jet questions? I know if I was the coach I would have nipped this in the bud real quick.

Today alone headlines

Giants didn't realeae Cruz because they were scared Jets would scoop him up.

Jacobs says Plax wanted Giants over Jets

Giants say the Jets helped push them to SB

Enough already it's Giants Pats the Jets are home, and have been home for a month now. The digs should have been over once the playoffs started.

The Jets deserve any trashing they get. Our big mouth coach makes stupid guarantees, our players act like thugs and divas and both the Patsies and 'ants beat us on the way to the Super Bowl.

I've been a Jets fan through a lot of sh*tty seasons, but this one really pissed me off.

Absolutely they deserve it, but as a Giant it was over a month ago this was settled. They took their deserved shots at the Jets, but now they are in the SB playing the Pats not the Jets. It's a old story curb it, and focus on Sunday.

The Giants claim they don't talk trash, and are a high class organization, they are not acting like one right now.

Pats are trashing the Jets this week too... seems everyone is.

Whatever. Of course. After all, the NO. 1 seed Pats did not lose to the jets at home last year in the first round. That was a mirage. And of course they had to beat Denver in Round One this year. Big Whoop. A Raven does not let a TD get slapped out of his hands at the end of the game and the Pats are home. They are lucky to be there. So much for hot air.

Fair enough, but shouldn't the Giants just brush it off, and dismiss the Jet questions? I know if I was the coach I would have nipped this in the bud real quick.

Today alone headlines

Giants didn't realeae Cruz because they were scared Jets would scoop him up.

Jacobs says Plax wanted Giants over Jets

Giants say the Jets helped push them to SB

Enough already it's Giants Pats the Jets are home, and have been home for a month now. The digs should have been over once the playoffs started.

This is SB Media Week. Players are required to answer questions and unless it's something really personal, they'll answer them. They're asked a whole bunch of stupid questions. Coughlin can't tell them not to answer them. And, why would he even do that? The Jets mean nothing to them. Their fat stupid coach talked a lot of smack, proved his incompetence as a HC, and got punked.

Pats are getting asked same questions by Jets beat writers. Look at the tweet above.

I am thinking both Coughlin and Bellie will send rexey a SB win if they win

As a lifelong supporter of the Giants, and coming from a "mixed" family (Giants dad, brother Jets, Uncle Jets, Grandpa was Giants fan) I think I can speak for a LOT of Giants fans who are in similar situations as myself when I say that: I never rooted against your team until Rex Ryan came to town. And frankly now it's just hard not to want to see the Jet's fail.

I don't really see a lot of Jet bashing going on from the Giants players for what it's worth. There is some (and I agree I really wish it would stop) but it's mostly in response to idiotic questions from the same reporters that are asking Eli more about Peyton then anything else.

There is some though, I concede. And really, after 3 years of ridiculous statements and non-stop Giant bashing from Rex Ryan, It's pretty hard to criticize any Giant who is going to take shots, even now. And really, covering up the championship stuff was really the nail in the coffin.

Just my opinion, not trying to be a homer. I know that if it was a Jet's vs Eagles/Cowgirls Superbowl - I'd still be pulling hard for you guys.

Hopefully your team rebounds and NJ/NY becomes known as a powerhouse football territory. Seems like Rex learned his lesson based on the last article I read, and may have a better approach next year.

As a lifelong supporter of the Giants, and coming from a "mixed" family (Giants dad, brother Jets, Uncle Jets, Grandpa was Giants fan) I think I can speak for a LOT of Giants fans who are in similar situations as myself when I say that: I never rooted against your team until Rex Ryan came to town. And frankly now it's just hard not to want to see the Jet's fail.

I don't really see a lot of Jet bashing going on from the Giants players for what it's worth. There is some (and I agree I really wish it would stop) but it's mostly in response to idiotic questions from the same reporters that are asking Eli more about Peyton then anything else.

There is some though, I concede. And really, after 3 years of ridiculous statements and non-stop Giant bashing from Rex Ryan, It's pretty hard to criticize any Giant who is going to take shots, even now. And really, covering up the championship stuff was really the nail in the coffin.

Just my opinion, not trying to be a homer. I know that if it was a Jet's vs Eagles/Cowgirls Superbowl - I'd still be pulling hard for you guys.

Hopefully your team rebounds and NJ/NY becomes known as a powerhouse football territory. Seems like Rex learned his lesson based on the last article I read, and may have a better approach next year.

Great post, all fair, and even keiled.

The real problem I have is the last 2 years while the Jets were talking and boasting, all the Giants kept saying was how they don't do this kind of stuff we are a first class organization with a proud history. I respected that, but now they are acting just like the Jets did, even if it is because the reporters are dragging them in.

The Giants are being hypocrites, and are using the WRONG week to do this IMO.

Rex put a bullseye on the Jets- now he has to live with it and so do Jets fans because of it.

100% agree, and when the PATS do it I'm fine with it. I would be more than fine with it from the Giants also, IF they didn't try to act like they were to good for this kind of behavior like they have been spewing over the last few years, and now they are doing it, and doing it 6 days before they play for the SB.

I just think the Giants have been hypocrites the last few years, and now are acting just as bad as Rex did the past few years. Focus on the Pats, not the Jets.

The real problem I have is the last 2 years while the Jets were talking and boasting, all the Giants kept saying was how they don't do this kind of stuff we are a first class organization with a proud history. I respected that, but now they are acting just like the Jets did, even if it is because the reporters are dragging them in.

I agree.

Usually not saying anything actually speaks a lot stronger than saying a lot.

I've been pointing this out to some of my friends who are Giants' fans. They actually deny it, but between Jacobs, Tuck, and Rolle, they haven't shut up since beating the Jets. But they aren't talkers, yeah right.

100% agree, and when the PATS do it I'm fine with it. I would be more than fine with it from the Giants also, IF they didn't try to act like they were to good for this kind of behavior like they have been spewing over the last few years, and now they are doing it, and doing it 6 days before they play for the SB.

I just think the Giants have been hypocrites the last few years, and now are acting just as bad as Rex did the past few years. Focus on the Pats, not the Jets.

Come on though, you need to look at it through clear goggles.

There is a BIG, and I mean BIG difference between players being asked questions by reporters and responding with a couple random shots at their hometown rival after years of being antagonized then there is the coach of the hometown rivals repeatedly and randomly making bizarre and unprovoked statements about the other team. You have to agree with that I would think.

Either way, I hope it seizes entirely.

I've been pointing this out to some of my friends who are Giants' fans. They actually deny it, but between Jacobs, Tuck, and Rolle, they haven't shut up since beating the Jets. But they aren't talkers, yeah right.

And you were outraged when Rex was making these statements X 10 towards the Giants I assume?

Again, theres a difference between a few players taking shots who have been singled out and routinely criticized by an opposing coach, then there is with a coach making constant, unprovoked attacks on another teams players. We can disagree, but it's really not that hard to see I don't think.

I've always believed in the notion of "to the victor goes the spoils" so I have no problem with trash talking after the fact, so Rolle, Tuck, and Jacobs have every right to rub it on on the Jets and fat-mouth Rex.

As to claiming to be "classy," I've never heard than term used for those 3. Jacobs is a bona fide ahole hated by most Giant fans anyway. Rolle hasn't been there long enough and Tuck is golden.

Hahahahahahaahahahahaha Good try

No one, outside of Vegas, is giving the Pats a chance.

The Giants receivers are salivating at the thought of playing against the Pats secondary - just ask Victor Cruz and Mario Manningham.

Everyone here thinks Brady is a sissy and that once hit he will go into his shell and have a horrid game. The Giants will pressure Brady non-stop. This is a given.

According to ESPN. NFL Network, Versus, NBC, etc - the Giants have a dominant defense, Eli is better than Brady, The Giants run game is superior and the receivers can't be stopped. Yah, so what if the Gianst have the 29th ranked pass D?! Their pass rush is all-universe.

According to the world, the Pats are lucky to be there. Sterling Moore's play on that sure Raven's TD was luck. When the SF returner muffed the ball - that was not luck. That was tenacious special teams play. So - the Gianst are better at that too.

Sh*t. The Pats have no chance. No wonder Vegas is going bankrupt.

The Giants receivers are salivating at the thought of playing against the Pats secondary - just ask Victor Cruz and Mario Manningham.

Everyone here thinks Brady is a sissy and that once hit he will go into his shell and have a horrid game. The Giants will pressure Brady non-stop. This is a given.

According to ESPN. NFL Network, Versus, NBC, etc - the Giants have a dominant defense, Eli is better than Brady, The Giants run game is superior and the receivers can't be stopped. Yah, so what if the Gianst have the 29th ranked pass D?! Their pass rush is all-universe.

According to the world, the Pats are lucky to be there. Sterling Moore's play on that sure Raven's TD was luck. When the SF returner muffed the ball - that was not luck. That was tenacious special teams play. So - the Gianst are better at that too.

You do realize that the lines in Vegas on a Super Bowl game are 100% reflective of where the money is going, right? And their profit is pretty much solely on the vig?

The pats opened -3, but if "Everyone in the world but Vegas" thought the Giants would win, the line would be about +10 for the Giants by now.

I just hate when Patriot fans try to paint themselves as uncharacteristic underdogs when it's simply not true.

You do realize that the lines in Vegas on a Super Bowl game are 100% reflective of where the money is going, right? And their profit is pretty much solely on the vig?

The pats opened +3, but if "Everyone in the world but Vegas" thought the Giants would win, the line would be about +10 for the Giants by now.

Well then, I don't understand it. Every pundit under the sun thinks the Giants will either blow out the Pats or win in a close game. It's true. Turn on the TV right now and listen.

Like I said, you don't actually think the Pats will lose...you're just playing one of your games...it's quite nauseating

Archived