Manning Medically Cleared to Resume Football

Jetman_67

i agree

the Ravens and Steelers need to get rid of those two BUMS too and bring in Peyton Manning or some other 37 year old at the end of his career with a serious injury to take over

Without commenting on Flacco, as he's far from irreplaceable, Roethlisberger holding the ball is a function of him always trying to extend the play to move the ball down the field. You have to weigh the risk/reward in his case.

When the hell does Sanchez ever extend a play and turn in a positive outcome?

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So this will be your excuse? "I never said he wouldn't play again, I said he'll never be the same"?

Of course not.

I said that Peyton is done and even if he's medically cleared to play (which, BTW, Jim Irsay denies) that does not mean he'll play in an NFL game again.

If you actually read up on this subject, you'd know that the medical clearance has to do with the spinal fushion surgery and nothing to do with the nerve damage in his tricep. His neck is healthy enough to practice, but he lacks the strength to throw.

Sounds like a perfect solution for the Jets ;)

It would be soooooo Jetsian to make a move for Manning, a qb that is past his prime but looks sexy to the Jets because of "name" sake. Along the lines of:

-Esiason

-O'Donnell

-Favre

Instead of this organization looking back 5 years for a qb, how about it places it's energy in the next 5 years and develop its own qb. If that qb is not currently on the roster, fine, let's move forward and cut losses. But please do not move backwards, in moves that makes this franchise only stall.

=D>

Of course not.

I said that Peyton is done and even if he's medically cleared to play (which, BTW, Jim Irsay denies) that does not mean he'll play in an NFL game again.

If you actually read up on this subject, you'd know that the medical clearance has to do with the spinal fushion surgery and nothing to do with the nerve damage in his tricep. His neck is healthy enough to practice, but he lacks the strength to throw.

Yes I understand the distinction, professor.

What I don't understand is Peytons undeniable optimism about his prospects of being able to resume his career. There are experts behind the scenes that are telling him he'll be able to play again at a high level. I don't think he'd make a spectacle of himself knowing that there's little to no chance he'll be able to regain his form.

Read up on that subject.

now officially changed to Ignorelist27

that reminds me... I recall a post of yours awhile back where you said you met Manish Mehta in Cortland and thanked him for being an unbiased reporter...

what are your thoughts on the article from a couple weeks ago. there were some here - not me mind you - that were insinuating he was a trouble maker with possible ties to the Taliban.

I told him he was better than Cimini, which is true absolutely

he was pressured to come up with a back page scoop and manufactured "sources". He's probably sorry he did it too. But yes, overall, he is a huge upgrade at the Daily News over Cimini

If he sounds optimistic it's because some of the best Dr's in the world have given him a reason to be optimistic. I'll go ahead and assume they know a little more than any of us about the situation.

jets fans are optimistic about Manning cause we live in a friggin' off season dream world. During the season everything is doom and gloom as soon as the season is over it's dream time. every free agent signing and draft pick is genius during the off season.

you are being optimistic cause it's fun to imagine this guy showing up and solving all the problems.

here's a question, Even if Manning could play, why would he play here?

jets fans are optimistic about Manning cause we live in a friggin' off season dream world. During the season everything is doom and gloom as soon as the season is over it's dream time. every free agent signing and draft pick is genius during the off season.

you are being optimistic cause it's fun to imagine this guy showing up and solving all the problems.

The more appropriate question is why wouldn't he play here.

Having he and Elis kids/wives be able to spend time together, a strong Defense, and a reunion with Tom Moore are pretty tempting.

Why go to Miami and become part of that cavalcade of fail?

I told him he was better than Cimini, which is true absolutely

he was pressured to come up with a back page scoop and manufactured "sources". He's probably sorry he did it too. But yes, overall, he is a huge upgrade at the Daily News over Cimini

and the Taliban accusations?

Sounds like a perfect solution for the Jets ;)

It would be soooooo Jetsian to make a move for Manning, a qb that is past his prime but looks sexy to the Jets because of "name" sake. Along the lines of:

-Esiason

-O'Donnell

-Favre

Instead of this organization looking back 5 years for a qb, how about it places it's energy in the next 5 years and develop its own qb. If that qb is not currently on the roster, fine, let's move forward and cut losses. But please do not move backwards, in moves that makes this franchise only stall.

Hey man, Esiason and Favre were Pro Bowl QBs for us. Boy are you picky.

Having he and Elis kids/wives be able to spend time together, a strong Defense, and a reunion with Tom Moore are pretty tempting.

Exactly.. It makes a ton of sense, not to mention joint marketing opportunities with eli and the idea that he wouldn't have to carry a team for once in his career... He's older and probably not up to it anymore anyway

Exactly.. It makes a ton of sense, not to mention joint marketing opportunities with eli and the idea that he wouldn't have to carry a team for once in his career... He's older and probably not up to it anymore anyway

Favre's jersey became the hottest selling in the league within like a day. No doubt Woody's licking his chops at the thought of this. Not to mention the fact that it'll keep the Jets in the position of getting the amount of primetime slots they've been getting over the years. Dude stays relevant in this market, Miami on the other hand is maybe the most fickle market in the country. Just wait until Reyes goes down with a hammy by the All-Star break and all of a sudden the new stadium starts resembling the old one.

that reminds me... I recall a post of yours awhile back where you said you met Manish Mehta in Cortland and thanked him for being an unbiased reporter...

what are your thoughts on the article from a couple weeks ago. there were some here - not me mind you - that were insinuating he was a trouble maker with possible ties to the Taliban.

That's the ticket keep egging him on...bwahahahahahahaha....

the wives/kids argument is probably not valid cause players usually don't move their whole families for 2 year deals. I just don't see the Jets (or the Phins) as some amazing opportunity for Peyton. He's gonna have to beat Brady 2x a year in this division. He's gonna have to play in the cold. unless the OL gets re-vamped he's gonna have to run for his life (and he can't run).

Honestly I don't know why Peyton would play for anyone at this stage of his career. He's got a ring. He's got more money than he will ever need. What is he trying to prove? It's Favre-ism and holding on too long.

It would be a complete and total failure not to investigate available QBs who could replace Sanchez, be it Manning or FLynn or someone else. Not saying it's a given, merely you have to consider the cost benefit of someone else. 28 turnovers is the definition of unacceptable. And it's not like Schitty, for all his myriad failure, ran out on the field and caused the INTs and fumbles. There was a serious failure at the QB spot.

To prove he;s the greatest by ending the 40+ year championship drought off this special needs child of an organization. It's the only way to re-gain his superiority over his brother after his brother wins his SECOND championship this weekend. It's that or live the rest of his life with Eli flashing his multiple rings in his face going,, " Who's number one now BITCH?." Archie in the background throwing up gang signs hollering, "RECOGNIZE."

Hey man, Esiason and Favre were Pro Bowl QBs for us. Boy are you picky.

Even though it was only 3 years ago, the thought of a pro bowl QB on the Jets challenges everything that I know about the world. It just seems so... out of place. My god we have had a TERRIBLE QB history. Think about the fact that we actually had a shot at Favre when he was originally drafted. Oh the pain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh my god I didn't realize he was 33 to our 34. So only ONE pick seperated Favre from Browning *(%$*&%&* Nagle? SOMEONE SHOOT ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even though it was only 3 years ago, the thought of a pro bowl QB on the Jets challenges everything that I know about the world. It just seems so... out of place. My god we have had a TERRIBLE QB history. Think about the fact that we actually had a shot at Favre when he was originally drafted. Oh the pain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh my god I didn't realize he was 33 to our 34. So only ONE pick seperated Favre from Browning *(%$*&%&* Nagle? SOMEONE SHOOT ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Think that’s pain?

Think about this

The story goes that Archie called The Tuna before Peyton declared for the draft. The Jets had the first pick in the draft for the second straight year. Archie wanted to know if Bill was going to draft him. Bill said he couldn’t afford it, and was trading out.

Manning went back to school.

Peyton could have played here his whole career. The Jets would be looking at Luck in this draft :)

Peyton could have played here his whole career. The Jets would be looking at Luck in this draft :)

i love this what if scenario but remember it's a year earlier (Peyton would have declared early and neck goes bad last year). so they'd be looking at Cam Newton.

Just heard Condon interviewed, Lombardi asked him if he could ever imagine Peyton playing in a different uniform, like Montana, etc.. His response was "You're going to get me in trouble here.... let me say this, there are some players who when they are done with their first team, they're done with football... Peyton isn't done playing football"

Also, Canfora spoke with him off set and apparently Peyton and Condon aren't interested in renegotiating his contract to give the Colts more time to decide..

He also said the he could play today and take the hits, the only question is his effectiveness, but his effectiveness will be a lot better 2 months from now.

So basically, he's probably leaving the Colts.. He isn't interested in retiring, the docs have cleared him to play..

That leaves for who..

Imo, the best chances in order are

1) SF.... Bad timing for Jets chances, QB has no contract with the team, they've exploded this year and the defense looked like ours did in 2009. Would make a lot of sense,unfortunately. Harbaugh may not be interested, as if he got all the way with Manning, Manning would overshadow him

2) Az..... Dome, Fitz, weather.. Apparently can get out of Kolb contract easily, don't know for sure

3) NYJ... NYC, close to Eli, great defense, Tom Moore, Willingness/desire to make bake signings.. Biggest negative is Sparno imo, but maybe Moore could take the Haley passing coordinator job?? I also fear that Rex will want to stick with Sanchez

6) Mia... Just can't see this, Az has better playing conditions, Jets/SF are more ready to win now

7) Bal... Should be in the running, but won't be, imo..

Archived