NFL finds New Orleans Saints guilty of putting bounties

NYGiantFan10

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Then they should be punished the same, right Garb? Or did Goodell run out of lighter fluid to burn the evidence this time?

Won't be punished the same because of the timing....you know, the players b*tching last year about health, safety, health bene's, concussions, etc. This opens the door for the 18 game season. Obviously players DO NOT care about health. And bs that Goodell does.

It's all about the money, Tom. Always has been, always will be.

Won't be punished the same because of the timing....you know, the players b*tching last year about health, safety, health bene's, concussions, etc. This opens the door for the 18 game season. Obviously players DO NOT care about health. And bs that Goodell does.

It's all about the money, Tom. Always has been, always will be.

Agreed on the last part--the reason Goodell wouldn't run the Pats up the flagpole was because admitting that one of its premiere franchises was sodomizing competitive balance would have hurt the league's implicit and crucial ties to Vegas.

Agreed on the last part--the reason Goodell wouldn't run the Pats up the flagpole was because admitting that one of its premiere franchises was sodomizing competitive balance would have hurt the league's implicit and crucial ties to Vegas.

you're such an angry young man. leave work now - go have a drink - decompress, sir.

It's over a decade now? Wow, the legend of an overblown "crime" perpetuated by ESPN for ratings grows still....helps that half the staff at ESPN are New Yorkers.

This is what I think:

Bountygate is probably alot like spygate. Most everyone does it, but only one gets caught and made an example of. And more to my point - everyone's a freakin' hypocrite.

Also, generally speaking, Jets fans are angry people. Very angry. Relax. Have a coacktail.

First of all, you accusing someone of being angry is hysterical.

Second, based on your comments in this post I highly doubt you watch ESPN.

Then they should be punished the same, right Garb? Or did Goodell run out of lighter fluid to burn the evidence this time?

My question is, how can this be proven? I mean, did the Saints really document this type of stuff?

My question is, how can this be proven? I mean, did the Saints really document this type of stuff?

According to one source the NFL examined 10,000 pages of documents during the "investigation."

Where was this crack NFL investigative unit when multiple teams accused the Pats of cheating over a 7-year period?

According to one source the NFL examined 10,000 pages of documents during the "investigation."

Where was this crack NFL investigative unit when multiple teams accused the Pats of cheating over a 7-year period?

Why do these documents exist? That's my question.

I mean, did Vilma try to write off the 10K as a business expense?

this is much worse than spygate Spygate pushed the boundries on something that other teams have done periodically. This is a team organizing a program specifically to injure other players. At a time when the NFL is making an enormous operations and PR effort to emphasize player safety, the Saints are going to get hammered for this.

No. Systematic cheating is worse than bounties.

Nice. All Belichick did was defraud the league and steal a few Super Bowls. The Saints players throw a couple of bucks around to do sh*t they're going to do anyway and Big Rog gets to play moral relativist.

Unreal.

It's over a decade now? Wow, the legend of an overblown "crime" perpetuated by ESPN for ratings grows still....helps that half the staff at ESPN are New Yorkers.

This is what I think:

Bountygate is probably alot like spygate. Most everyone does it, but only one gets caught and made an example of. And more to my point - everyone's a freakin' hypocrite.

Also, generally speaking, Jets fans are angry people. Very angry. Relax. Have a coacktail.

Wow. Patsy fans never cease to amaze me.

I'd imagine they had one bitter ex-Saint come forward, then Goodell's boys just waited outside the locker room on cutdown day for three years.

Isn't it funny that the same people that say there is nothing wrong with bounties are the first to call "player X" a dirty bastard. Can't have it both ways, fellas. For example, you can't call Rodney Harrison dirty - but say the bounty system is okay.

But a majority will call Rodney Harrison dirty and say the bounty system is not okay!

And the majority would not include Pats fans!

This is what I think:

It only happened for a decade and changed the outcome of many games and a few Super Bowls. Yup, it was way overblown!

I am still waiting for half those New Yorkers to show some bias towards NY teams

the word disappointed has been thrown around, are they disappointed they got caught?

Get up close to the game, this is not surprising.

on a day with all these franchise tags this barely registers for me as a news story.

A defensive locker room breeds some interesting characters.

They killed Favre that year in the NFCC, now we find out there was a 10G bounty for Favre...wow, just wow.

Exactly. That is what stands out to me the most about this. I remember ESPN talking about how the Saints were destroying QB's that playoff run. Warner got killed also.

Archived