Win-Win

bLguerriero1

I know their is a lot of arguing on the board about whether we throw our hat into the peyton ring. I just wanted to remind everyone how really we are in a win-win situation... obviously Sanchez didn't play well throughout the year, but with a full off-season, another year under his belt with the flashes we've seen, he could come out next year and be a much better qb.... or we can pick up one of the greatest qb's of all time..

either way I think we'll be in a very good situation next year...

now I'm not really sure how I feel about it, I want Manning, I still like Sanchez.... but I'm content sitting back knowing, we really aren't in a do or die situation

Here's whats going to happen....

Miami outbids the world on Manning. Jets have Sanchez and our new offense look pretty good for a while. Once again Jet fans overlook the same flaws Sanchez has had for 3 years and blames it all on Brian Shottenheimer. Jets lose in the playoffs and we once again wonder... what if? But the Sanchize is back, fans continue to be blind to the real problems on this team and pretend somehow this team will be better next year.

However, Miami continues their streak of being also-rans by watching Manning never regain his form, and finishing with an abysmal 5-11 record.

Here's whats going to happen....

Miami outbids the world on Manning. Jets have Sanchez and our new offense look pretty good for a while. Once again Jet fans overlook the same flaws Sanchez has had for 3 years and blames it all on Brian Shottenheimer. Jets lose in the playoffs and we once again wonder... what if? But the Sanchize is back, fans continue to be blind to the real problems on this team and pretend somehow this team will be better next year.

However, Miami continues their streak of being also-rans by watching Manning never regain his form, and finishing with an abysmal 5-11 record.

If Miami gets Manning, we don't make the playoffs.

2-4 (at best) in your division isn't taking you there.

the jets are 2-1 in the last 3 games against a Manning led offense - all on the road... before he took a year off.

stop chalking down automatic losses.

The only team on the Jets schedule that scares me is the Jets. If they can get their house in order (IMO, doubtful), then they can beat a Manning Dolphin team. I just don't see how the Jets are going to be better than they were last year.

You guys are all wrong..

Here is exactly what's going to happen. The Jets will make a huge pitch for Peyton Manning. The word would spread so much that Sanchez will hear it. He will ask to be released or traded and then we're going to miss out on Manning at the end of the day.

Well, it's a good thing as long as we trade that clwon we have as a QB.

I agree we are just fvcking up our chemistry even more bidding for Manning who probably would never come here. Sanchez will hate being here knowing he was never really wanted ala Cutler/McDaniels/Cassel and Denver in 2008.

I know their is a lot of arguing on the board about whether we throw our hat into the peyton ring. I just wanted to remind everyone how really we are in a win-win situation... obviously Sanchez didn't play well throughout the year, but with a full off-season, another year under his belt with the flashes we've seen, he could come out next year and be a much better qb.... or we can pick up one of the greatest qb's of all time..

either way I think we'll be in a very good situation next year...

now I'm not really sure how I feel about it, I want Manning, I still like Sanchez.... but I'm content sitting back knowing, we really aren't in a do or die situation

I actually agree with this. And hopefully Sanchez is working out Clubber Lang style like in Rocky III. He should have a picture of Peyton Manning taped to his mirror for motivation. :)

I actually agree with this. And hopefully Sanchez is working out Clubber Lang style like in Rocky III. He should have a picture of Peyton Manning taped to his mirror for motivation. :)

why isn't the word "rust" being used in the Peyton Manning discussion? the dude took a full year out of football. He's not gonna miss a beat?

The only team on the Jets schedule that scares me is the Jets. If they can get their house in order (IMO, doubtful), then they can beat a Manning Dolphin team. I just don't see how the Jets are going to be better than they were last year.

You mean you can't see how the team will improve before FA and the draft??? What's wrong with you?

why isn't the word "rust" being used in the Peyton Manning discussion? the dude took a full year out of football. He's not gonna miss a beat?

Miss a beat? He could be in cardiac arrest and I'd still take my chances. Even if Sanchez had the talent(He doesn't) he's loaded up with way to much Estrogen to handle the situation he's in

I just don't see how the Jets are going to be better than they were last year.

How? The absolute WORST case scenario has us losing:

-Pouha

-Leonhard

-Burress

-Pool

-Thomas

-LT

and replacing them with about 7 draft picks. Does that scare you in the slightest?

And note, that's the WORST case scenario... it assumes we don't sign ANY free agents from other teams AND we don't re-sign even a mediocre player or two.

In all likelihood, we will re-sign Pouha and one of the others (most likely Leonhard or Pool) and add those draft picks. I'd easily take those picks over the combination of Burress, Thomas and L.T.

As of today,we split the Pats and Fins and lose twice to the Pats. If Manning comes to Miami expect that to move into the 2 loss column.1-5 in division is not getting it done. But we will have the 5th or 4th ranked defense, so that apparently counts for something despite the rules begging you to pass the ball effectively. As to al of you "Top Ranked Defense"-nobody cares unless you can score points and especially TDs. And the Jets with Sanchez don't do that. The 2 best defenses, the Niners and the Ravesn, watched the Super Bowl on tv like all of us. Supeior QB play wins, everythting else is 2nd place by a lot.

As of today,we split the Pats and Fins and lose twice to the Pats. If Manning comes to Miami expect that to move into the 2 loss column.1-5 in division is not getting it done. But we will have the 5th or 4th ranked defense, so that apparently counts for something despite the rules begging you to pass the ball effectively. As to al of you "Top Ranked Defense"-nobody cares unless you can score points and especially TDs. And the Jets with Sanchez don't do that. The 2 best defenses, the Niners and the Ravesn, watched the Super Bowl on tv like all of us. Supeior QB play wins, everythting else is 2nd place by a lot.

Interesting that you would say that when the top ranked passing team, the patsies, lost to a stellar defense in the most recent SB. Kinda shoots your whole thesis to sh!t...

Archived