Tannenbaum On WFAN At 9:15!

JetsFan220

Carton - "If you put so much emphasis in the Wildcat, why let Brad Smith walk last year?" - GREAT QUESTION!

Tanny basically tip-toed around it speaking to the cap, and allocating money in different places - so you won't pay a WR/KR/Wildcat Player but you will pay an extra $2.5million just to get a chance to pay Tebow's salary????

My favorite part: Tannenbaum saying he knew everything about the contract, including the $5 mil. Tanny "explains" that they saw the clause but essentially told Denver that the Jets just weren't going to pay it, and he thought Denver would be cool with that. Carton kills him on it, asking why the Jets would announce a deal without the deal being done. Tanny stutters, flops, starts repeating the term "trade papers" and "process."

What about the promise you made to Stanton? hummunna hummuna process, oogitty boogity diligence address it in the future...blah

what was the purpose of tweeting the signing when it wasn't finalized.? we've done it before and humjmunna hummanna Denver's fault...blah

Cro wants more weapons for Sanchez, why a QB when you just signed Stanton? I'll talk to Cro, Tebow helps sanchez...difficult to gameplan against...blah

Such horrible crappy answers. Tanny is such an unbelievable idiot.

Change of pace...shot in the arm....cliches abound. Carton is right; defenses are not going to be fearful of another Jets QB who cannot throw deep, nor an offense that by design doesn't bother to try. Whether it's Sanchez or Tebow makes no difference if you can pack your 11 defenders very close to the line of scrimmage.The offense is gonna suck.

"It's going to make us harder to prepare for."

How? Don't piss on my cupcake and tell me it is frosting.

while i dont agree with them doing all this...

it will make it harder to prepare for... theres only so much time in a day... defenses can either get ready for sanchez or tebow at a time and the time u spend on one, u'll lose on the other... if we can run both offenses effectively, we will definitely make preparation for us very hard..

What about the promise you made to Stanton? hummunna hummuna process, oogitty boogity diligence address it in the future...blah

what was the purpose of tweeting the signing when it wasn't finalized.? we've done it before and humjmunna hummanna Denver's fault...blah

Cro wants more weapons for Sanchez, why a QB when you just signed Stanton? I'll talk to Cro, Tebow helps sanchez...difficult to gameplan against...blah

My second favorite part: Tanny on Stanton-- "Circumstances change." Immediately after on Sanchez--"He's our starter, no question." LOL

Mark, don't buy green bananas.

while i dont agree with them doing all this...

it will make it harder to prepare for... theres only so much time in a day... defenses can either get ready for sanchez or tebow at a time and the time u spend on one, u'll lose on the other... if we can run both offenses effectively, we will definitely make preparation for us very hard..

The wildcat has been irrelevant for years. Tebow needs REPS to get going. He won't get them here. BB and other coaches will have no problem game planning for the Jets.

Change of pace...shot in the arm....cliches abound. Carton is right; defenses are not going to be fearful of another Jets QB who cannot throw deep, nor an offense that by design doesn't bother to try. Whether it's Sanchez or Tebow makes no difference if you can pack your 11 defenders very close to the line of scrimmage.The offense is gonna suck.

The Steelers tried that in the playoffs last season, it didn't work out so well for them.

Man! You got me rolling!!! Good stuff!! But in Tanny's defense, this is ALL WOODY! The guy is out of control. Obsessed with winning the back pages.

Man! You got me rolling!!! Good stuff!! But in Tanny's defense, this is ALL WOODY! The guy is out of control. Obsessed with winning the back pages.

I agreed with this 100% with the Favre signing, and trading up for Sanchez. Didn't like either move.

But for Tebow for a 4th rounder it is a no brainer. We weren't going to get anyone there that can contribute as much as Tebow.

If he converts on five to ten 3rd or 4th and shorts, it was worth it. It's an added dimension that I think will work a few times a game. And he is a reliable back-up. He's proven he can win as a starter. Might not want him starting for a whole season, but can be effective for a time. Exactly what you want for a back-up and way better than Brunell.

bitch, bitch, bitch...all u guys sound like old ladies...face it, if they signed Manning you would find something to complain about.

Exactly. Wah wah wah they paid too much money. stupid CPA. He'll never last the season with all his neck injuries. Stupid CPA. What a wasted pick in Sanchez. What will we to for a QB when Manning retires after the season. Stupid CPA, stupid owner. When the Jets win the SB, people will be complaining that it wasn't by 2 TD's

The wildcat has been irrelevant for years.

I've seen this quote a couple times. The time to discuss it was months ago when all the fanbase demands "literally anyone would be better than Schotty"

Tebow or not, Sparano is running his system now. and it's not going to be pass heavy.

Archived