Official NHL Playoffs 2012 Thread

CrazyCarl40

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I made a post asking to see if there were any Devils Fans, apparently everyone showed up during the playoffs.

Truth be told the only hometown teams I follow closely since leaving NJ for NC are the Jets and Mets. The Devils and Nets fell by the wayside.

Truth be told the only hometown teams I follow closely since leaving NJ for NC are the Jets and Mets. The Devils and Nets fell by the wayside.

Well they're the Brooklyn Nets now... But you've been missing out on an emotional season for the NJD

Devils fans- not many around

I think they're just shy to announce they're a Devils Fan

You are still talking, like you actually know something, that's how.

I know a lot. You continually show you know nothing. If you want to actually talk hockey, I'm all for it. You just want to talk about me. While I'm flattered, that's not the purpose of these boards and really rather childish and lame.

I know a lot. You continually show you know nothing. If you want to actually talk hockey, I'm all for it. You just want to talk about me. While I'm flattered, that's not the purpose of these boards and really rather childish and lame.

You do, clearly the penqs are the best team in hockey.

The Kings now have about a full week off to rest up and get healthy while the Rags and Devs beat the crap out of each other for a few more games. Advantage: Kings.

The Finals will start next Thursday, so either team in the east, even if it goes 7 games will have 4 full days of rest andf won't have to travel.Thew Kings will have to travel crosscountry. The days off are overrated.

The Finals will start next Thursday, so either team in the east, even if it goes 7 games will have 4 full days of rest andf won't have to travel.Thew Kings will have to travel crosscountry. The days off are overrated.

The Kings are probably happy to start on the road.

I don't know who the penqs are. Though you keep saying the Pens are the best team in hockey. I'm wondering why you think that. It's not something I've ever posted.

That's a good one, almost as good as it was not a slew foot. :yawn:

I have no real data to back this up, merely observation. but Gaborik is much more effective in the regular season than in the playoffs. He isn't physical at all. He never wins those corner battles. This line still thinks they're playing Winnipeg in Janaury with the overpassing. You aren't getting that kind of time nor space in the playoffs. Simply shoot quickly, and then go to the net with your stick on the ice. But they never do. Even on the power play gaborik readily passes back to the point instead of driving to the net. Point of comparison -Kovalchuk, admittedly a more complete player, never hesitates tot take a shot and ALWAYS follows up by going to the net.

Milbury brought up a great point between periods during game 3 when he showed Gaborik going into the corner going for a puck and then just giving up because he didn't want to deal with the contact, basically giving up on the puck which is so anti-everything that this Rangers team is know for.

I totally agree with you on the Rangers shooting the puck quicker. I think that one of main reasons their power play is so putrid at times is that they spend over half of it passing, looking for that perfect shot. Put the puck to the net and get some guys in front. Something alot of folks have been screaming about since the Ottawa series.

Beautiful, beautiful game.

Rangers had to expend everything just to tie it.They ran out of gas

WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO

I think they're just running out of gas, period. This is what happens when you play 15 1/2 games just to get to the conference finals. That and the Devils are just wearing them out.

oh, and...

MARTY'S BETTER

I think they're just running out of gas, period. This is what happens when you play 15 1/2 games just to get to the conference finals. That and the Devils are just wearing them out.

oh, and...

MARTY'S BETTER

I'd agree. But lets be honest...they are GOALIES. The overrating of Lundquist has been absurd. He plays in NY, wears nice suits and is good. No goalie is unscored upon like they'd make you think Lundqvist was. The Rangers arent only good team because Lundqvist is the goalie. Its like saying the yankees were great because of Rivera.

The best I've ever was Hasek.

I'd agree. But lets be honest...they are GOALIES. The overrating of Lundquist has been absurd. He plays in NY, wears nice suits and is good. No goalie is unscored upon like they'd make you think Lundquist was. The Rangers arent only good team because Lundquist is the goalie. Its like saying the yankees were great because of Rivera.

The best I've ever was Hasek.

Yeah I didn't really mean anything by it, I just enjoy the butt-hurtness of my friends who are Rangers fans and thought that the playoffs would be some sort of coronation.

Yeah I didn't really mean anything by it, I just enjoy the butt-hurtness of my friends who are Rangers fans and thought that the playoffs would be some sort of coronation.

Im not Barry Melrose by any stretch...but the overrating of the position is insane. Its like the closer in baseball...95% of the time they'll close the game....just like goalies stop 90% of shots on goal.

All I know is, Friday night, I'm busting out the jorts, Springsteen albums, and telling everyone that any year Brodeur didn't win the Vezina is a fraud.

Im not Barry Melrose by any stretch...but the overrating of the position is insane. Its like the closer in baseball...95% of the time they'll close the game....just like goalies stop 90% of shots on goal.

NHL Goalie probably right up there with QB in the NFL. I think you're undervaluing the position. If the goalie has an off day, your team is hosed or in for a long game of trying to have to score a ton of goals.

Archived