Official NHL Playoffs 2012 Thread

CrazyCarl40

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL, awesome. Great win.

Rangers D was ridic tonight. My heart sank into my stomach when McDonagh broke up both those plays. Ugh, we're playing with house money at this point and the pressure's all on the Rangers, but I have a bad feeling after watching that game. I think we may just be outgunned. Even when the Devils were controlling the game they still couldn't get past Lundqvist.

Watching the game I thought Girardi was terrible but how can you say that when he blasts one by tubby to break a 0-0 game....

King will not be denied his cup and Richards is a stud.

The kid Krieder just keeps getting better every game, I am still shocked he was playing college hockey 3 weeks ago.

How are those kids of his doing?? I have to imagine they've gone through a therapy session or twelve. Interesting holidays in the brodeur house.

Only 12? I could never understand why any man would do what he did. We only really know Brodeur form the little interactions he has with the press, and there's a quasi-language barrier he probably plays up, like any athlete who can. He seems like a nice enough guy, but who really knows?Objectively it's a bizarre way to live, and way worse for his kids.

Is there a reason Tortarella gets a pass one being a self righteous prick to the media?

Some reporters cell phone went off last night on the post game and he went into his typical smug tirade. Imagine if Rex tried to pull this off?

Only 12? I could never understand why any man would do what he did. We only really know Brodeur form the little interactions he has with the press, and there's a quasi-language barrier he probably plays up, like any athlete who can. He seems like a nice enough guy, but who really knows?Objectively it's a bizarre way to live, and way worse for his kids.

I try not to judge the personal lives of others, especially professional athletes as they operate on a different playing field, but you have to imagine there's line In the sand somewhere for them. I just can't fathom how he though it would all play out, I mean that has to be so damned awkward for those kids when they realize their aunt is also their mother. It's like Springer.

Is there a reason Tortarella gets a pass one being a self righteous prick to the media?

Some reporters cell phone went off last night on the post game and he went into his typical smug tirade. Imagine if Rex tried to pull this off?

It's so bizarre. Torts is easily the worst coach to the media in the NY area, yet he never catches any sh*t for it. If any other coach stonewalled a press conference like he does the media would he him alive. I remember i was listening to the radio one day and a fan asked about his demeanor and tirades and the reporter responded “Yeah it makes our jobs more difficult (that he doesn’t answer any of our questions), but hey, it’s an absolute scene.”. It's odd, maybe cause he's the scariest 5'6" man In the building, but the seem to respect him a lot.

It's so bizarre. Torts is easily the worst coach to the media in the NY area, yet he never catches any sh*t for it. If any other coach stonewalled a press conference like he does the media would he him alive. I remember i was listening to the radio one day and a fan asked about his demeanor and tirades and the reporter responded “Yeah it makes our jobs more difficult (that he doesn’t answer any of our questions), but hey, it’s an absolute scene.”. It's odd, maybe cause he's the scariest 5'6" man In the building, but the seem to respect him a lot.

Hockey itself just gets to walk to the beat of its own drum for whatever reason. Obviously he's winning, so that helps. But get a grip guy.

Tubby should sign on as a manager of the Saints, take a one timer to the head of a ranger? How stupid can he be to say something like that?

Now, every shot the rangers block, the shooter will be questioned and scrutinized as to whether he meant to injure the player or not. I just hope that noone gets injured so this issue doesnt come up this series...

Tubby should sign on as a manager of the Saints, take a one timer to the head of a ranger? How stupid can he be to say something like that?

Now, every shot the rangers block, the shooter will be questioned and scrutinized as to whether he meant to injure the player or not. I just hope that noone gets injured so this issue doesnt come up this series...

If the Devs can be that accruate, why not score? It's ridiculous.

As per Wiki Marty married the wife of his ex-wife's brother. Ex-wife is also fond of calling Marty during the playoffs to let him know she's...involved with another guy at that very moment. Class all around. He has 3 kids with the 1st wife and 1 with the 2nd. Holidays must be a blast-who's a step-parent, and who is an aunt or uncle? Those visitattion arrangements msut be tons of fun.

If you're gonna blow up your marriage, why would you go back to the same set of crazy a$$ people who made you miserable in the 1st place?

My theory: he's a baby. You get paid a ton of money and part of the deal is you have to talk to reporters. Yes, the questions are stupid but Jesus H. Christ that doesn't mean you have to act like a child.

My theory: he's a baby. You get paid a ton of money and part of the deal is you have to talk to reporters. Yes, the questions are stupid but Jesus H. Christ that doesn't mean you have to act like a child.

My theory: he's an ahole

Entertaining 1st 2 periods. Second time in 2 games that the teams are tied going into the 3rd.

Its just weird that they seem to eat it up to. HOCKEY IS SO BLUE COLLAR LOOK AT THE TORTS HE CURSES AT THE MEDIA.

If anyone else in this town tried to pull this off he'd be labelled a me first prick.

Its just weird that they seem to eat it up to. HOCKEY IS SO BLUE COLLAR LOOK AT THE TORTS HE CURSES AT THE MEDIA.

If anyone else in this town tried to pull this off he'd be labelled a me first prick.

He apparently got ripped on in the Nbc post game. It's about time. Act like you've been there before. ******* baby.

Give me a D ....... Give me an E........ Give me a V ..... Give me an I....... Give a L ...... Give me a S........ What's that spell?

Devils......

DEVILS.......

DEVILS!!!!!!!

LET'S GO DEVILS!

Not defending Tortorella. But he spoke his mind about how awful the refs were after game 2 vs. Ottawa. And was probably fined for such opinions. And he is never going to talk about players nor stategy. It was clear to anyone watching the entire playoffs that Gaborik was gliding and not being physical at all. Benching him was overdue.

Another long series.

I wonder why he is such a dick after teh game but he seems to be pretty cool during his in game behind the bench talks during a stopage? cant really put a finger on that. Dan Girardi must be concussed, he is making some horrible mistakes and if not for macdonagh and the King, Danny would be the goat right about now and we would be down 0-2....

Archived