Official NHL Playoffs 2012 Thread

CrazyCarl40

Looking on it after some sleep, amazed at the pyschology of the Devils going up 3-0, and then pretty much shutting down their offense. And the Rangers come all the way back and then start playng for OT.

Gaborik, despie being credited with Broduer's brainfart, needs to be off this team in the worst way. If all you contribute is scoring goals you have to bury that open shot in front of the net instead of roofing it. Hagelin has a lot of Alexi Kovalev in him; can skate all day, moves galore, but he doesn't finish. And the idea that Richards, as good as he is, woudl feed Gaborki the puck was idiocy. Richards is still a great player, Gaborik is not. And that's the top line. Go freaking figure they've gotten this far.

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NHL Goalie probably right up there with QB in the NFL. I think you're undervaluing the position. If the goalie has an off day, your team is hosed or in for a long game of trying to have to score a ton of goals.

Right, but every goalie has off days. Its a hot and cold position and the difference between Lundqvist and whoever the Kings goalie is I'm sure isnt that drastic. You're only as good as the guys in front of you. I mean 4 goals last night is inexcusable.

Lundqvist is obviously good, but the NY media hype machine, for a goalie, is off the charts.

the difference between Lundqvist and whoever the Kings goalie is I'm sure isnt that drastic.

No, especially considering the Kings goalie has been better than Lundqvist all season, as he led the league in GAA and shutouts (10) and has carried his team to the cup with a 1.54 GAA and .946 save percentage in the playoffs.

I do think you're seriously underrating the ability for a goalie to get hot and carry a team to the Finals. Look at how many netminders have won the Conn Smythe over the years, including guys like Hextall and Giguere, whose teams lost in the finals.

No, especially considering the Kings goalie has been better than Lundqvist all season, as he led the league in GAA and shutouts (10) and has carried his team to the cup with a 1.54 GAA and .946 save percentage in the playoffs.

I do think you're seriously underrating the ability for a goalie to get hot and carry a team to the Finals. Look at how many netminders have won the Conn Smythe over the years, including guys like Hextall and Giguere, whose teams lost in the finals.

Can't any goalie get hot though? If its a position where you need to be hot in the playoffs is just sounds flukey.

Right, but every goalie has off days. Its a hot and cold position and the difference between Lundqvist and whoever the Kings goalie is I'm sure isnt that drastic. You're only as good as the guys in front of you. I mean 4 goals last night is inexcusable.

Lundqvist is obviously good, but the NY media hype machine, for a goalie, is off the charts.

Lunq can't be responsible for the whole team were was the defense to help aid the man... I think it's unfair to blame the goalie; they do the same to Brodeur. Yes he might ask for it sometimes because he likes to play the puck but Marty B. isn't the whole team neither is Lunq

Can't any goalie get hot though? If its a position where you need to be hot in the playoffs is just sounds flukey.

Of course, which is why you see relatively unheralded guys like Cam Ward - a rookie who played in only 28 games during the season - win the Conn Smythe after carrying the Hurricanes to a championship.

It's a position where you're almost on an island... you compare them to closers, where I'd say they're closer to a starting pitcher that pitches every game.

Is it any more flukey than Timmy Smith still having the record for most rushing yards in a Super Bowl?

Of course, which is why you see relatively unheralded guys like Cam Ward - a rookie who played in only 28 games during the season - win the Conn Smythe after carrying the Hurricanes to a championship.

It's a position where you're almost on an island... you compare them to closers, where I'd say they're closer to a starting pitcher that pitches every game.

Is it any more flukey than Timmy Smith still having the record for most rushing yards in a Super Bowl?

I was thinking the same thing, more like the ace of the staff than a closer. You give him the ball and hope he gives you a chance to win if you can put points on the board. There is also a similarity in that you can have a good defensive team to help your starting pitching be that much more effective. Saturday afternoon, Lunquist was perfect and we won. Last night he was off and we lost. It is not a coincidence...

The 3rd goal was a bad goal, that Henrik should have stopped, outside of that, you cannot blame the loss on him.

How many goals does Lundqvist generally stop that other goalies dont?

Im still trying to grasp how a goalie is considered elite.

Like I said earlier, Hasek was the only goalie Ive ever seen where I've gone "oh shiiit"

How many goals does Lundqvist generally stop that other goalies dont?

Im still trying to grasp how a goalie is considered elite.

Like I said earlier, Hasek was the only goalie Ive ever seen where I've gone "oh shiiit"

It's not how many goals a goalie stops that other goalies don't, it's how many goals a goalie consistently stops that makes him elite.

The 3rd goal was a bad goal, that Henrik should have stopped, outside of that, you cannot blame the loss on him.

I wasnt blaming the loss on him although he was off last night. I am just saying that he was off and we lost.

I disagree. What's clearly happening is that the awesomeness of the state of New Jersey and our superior pizza is simply too overwhelming for a bunch of Village People lookalikes in stupid blue shirts.

OK McFly.

I disagree. What's clearly happening is that the awesomeness of the state of New Jersey and our superior pizza is simply too overwhelming for a bunch of Village People lookalikes in stupid blue shirts.

Look, I hate the Rags as much as anyone, but you can't be serious with this s**t.

Pizza, hockey, beaches, musicians produced, and STD's. Things that you ****ers will never beat us in no matter what you'd like to believe.

I'll give you hockey, STD's, and call the beaches equally sh*tty. You need to get over your inferiority complex though and can keep your substandard pizza, Bon Jovi, and "The Boss". Aside from Sinatra, who's the next musician on the list? Danzig? Sebastian Bach?

I'll give you hockey, STD's, and call the beaches equally sh*tty. You need to get over your inferiority complex though and can keep your substandard pizza, Bon Jovi, and "The Boss". Aside from Sinatra, who's the next musician on the list? Danzig? Sebastian Bach?

Count Basie, George Clinton, The Fugees, and Sarah Vaughn aside, I'm not quite sure why I'd even need to name anyone other than Sinatra. That's like everyone having a dick measuring contest and all of a sudden Lexington Steele walks in the door.

Hank was abysmal in game 6, but I'm more confident he can rebound than I am in the Rangers scoring 3 goals again. They are seriously offensively challenged. Nevertheless ...

GO RANGERS!!!

Congratulations, Devils.

Rangers really need to do something about their pitiful offense. Some numbers to lament for Ranger fans. 1-8 this PS when opponent scores first. 19 straight PS games without scoring more than 3 goals.

This isn't 1994".... On that note I thank all those who didn't believe in us, all the ESPN analyst that told us we wouldn't make it past the Flyers (that they would sweep that series). This was an incredible series. I'm so excited ! "We're going to the cup!!!!"

Archived