It was Just a preseason game ... relax!

greeniemeanie

joking.

I actually think our offense is putrid. They really sucked. Our starting defense showed signs, but this has the makings of a long year. I wouldn't have it any other way....

Freaking Jets!

Oh well, at least we have Jen Sterger to trade pics with... wait? what!

Yeah, we're screwed.

Seriously, it's pre-season, Coples flashing I liked, and some good play from others, I loved Mcknight I think he will be getting more playing time.

Really apart from the "Sky is falling down" our Q.B's suck typical Jet fan, I think the Oline is a bigger issue then the Q.B's sucking.

The Jets NEED to be all over any Vet cuts on the Oline, I think this issue will get Tanny fired (T0m just stokes himself).

A chain is only as good as it's leakest link and the link is just aweful, got to get a vet to replace Hunter,

I cant belieave the guys had like a 10 year stint or is that "stink" in the NFL, by week 12 Mcilroy will be starting, correction running for his life....

My only concern is oline ...they looked horrible

And the speed of our LB's. The thought of the Pats and their TE's scare me. Calvin Pace is DONE IMO. Scott didn't look any better. Demario Davis had better come on and come on fast because it looks like we'll need him.

joking.

I actually think our offense is putrid. They really sucked. Our starting defense showed signs, but this has the makings of a long year. I wouldn't have it any other way....

Freaking Jets!

Oh well, at least we have Jen Sterger to trade pics with... wait? what!

Yeah, we're screwed.

You know it's bad when Dan goes negative.

I remember a year the Jets went 5-0 in preseason and looked to be the team to beat. They then went out and laid an egg in the regular season. Yeah preseason means a lot.

Id also like to add that it is always a trend for the first two weeks or so of preseason that every team's fan base expresses concern about how much ahead the defense is over the offense. This is to be expected to some degree. Especially considering there was no game planning involved.

Thats not to say that the Offenses performance didn't scare me last night... But I don't think we can draw any definite conclusions from the 1st preseason game.

I really don't put too much on the preseason. However, that was a pretty poor performance.

One positive: Coples.

As much of a Sanchez supporter as I have been, this kid really needs to show me something. Who knows what will happen, but if last night is ANY indication of the play that we should expect to see, it will be a very long year.

Just 1 preseason game. I don't care about the win/loss aspect of the preseason. I care about the performance of the units on the field. Guess we'll just wait and see...

I really don't put too much on the preseason. However, that was a pretty poor performance.

One positive: Coples.

As much of a Sanchez supporter as I have been, this kid really needs to show me something. Who knows what will happen, but if last night is ANY indication of the play that we should expect to see, it will be a very long year.

Just 1 preseason game. I don't care about the win/loss aspect of the preseason. I care about the performance of the units on the field. Guess we'll just wait and see...

I wouldn't take anything out of the O's performance last night. The game plan was as vanilla as you can get, and the most experienced WR was Schillens. The 1st team RT is really a 3rd stringer on top of it all. I don't put much stock in preseason games, but the biggest thing to me in this game was the ST play. Yech.

It was disappointing. There's no getting around that.

First preseason game with the new offense, no receivers, a drop off from Wayne Hunter at RT. Not exactly shocking that it was disappointing.

Sanchez is feeling the heat, though. When he nervously jokes from the sidelines that he "released his inner Tebow," on a scramble, he's feeling it. I was hoping the addition of Tebow would push Sanchez to get better, but there's a definite concern that he's going to push him over the edge instead.

1 - pre-season means nothing

2 - the Jets didn't show anything on either side of the ball, they just ran basic plays

3 - it was a little alarming that they struggled with the exact same issues as last season - covering RB/TE, pass protection

4 - for a G &P team the Jets were manhandled and not physical at all

5 - preseason means nothing - I still remember the Spurrier Redskins and Danny Wuerful lighting it up in Osaka. Means nothing.

I wouldn't take anything out of the O's performance last night. The game plan was as vanilla as you can get, and the most experienced WR was Schillens. The 1st team RT is really a 3rd stringer on top of it all. I don't put much stock in preseason games, but the biggest thing to me in this game was the ST play. Yech.

To me it's not just about last night, it's about having the same issues as last year on the OL, and the fact that the last 3 years under Sparano that's exactly what their offense looked like, COMPLETE, AND UTTER TRASH that every single poster on here bashed, and laughed at while saying if it wasn't the Dolphins I would actually feel sorry for them, well guess what if something don't drastically change that will be us this year.

And the LBers not being able to cover backs and tight ends.

That was equally alarming to me. WE upgraded the safties IMO and that's good, but Pace, Scott and to a lesser degree Thomas looked Slooooooooow and old to me. I'm still hoping that they were just taking it easy due to it being the first preseason game and all. yeah.... that's what I'm going with for now.

Archived