Can we please cut Kyle Wilson? Please?

sirlancemehlot

He's wasting a roster spot. Trufant or Posey or Lankster can easily play as well or better. And all three are better tacklers and can contribute more on special teams. Oh. And they're cheaper. Go away, Mr. Wilson! Go away!

Note: Tannenbaum will hang on to him for another year on ego alone. See: Robertson, Gholston, et al.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's wasting a roster spot. Trufant or Posey or Lankster can easily play as well or better. And all three are better tacklers and can contribute more on special teams. Oh. And they're cheaper. Go away, Mr. Wilson! Go away!

Note: Tannenbaum will hang on to him for another year on ego alone. See: Robertson, Gholston, et al.

He had a bad game tonight. In a preseason game. I though the made strides last year. During the Regular Season. Lets not go overboard here, please.

antoine_dodson_you_are_so_dumb-14245.gif

This is one of the ridiculously asinine threads I have ever seen. The CBs behind Wilson are nowhere within any measurable distance of his ability. While he may not be an all-world talent, Wilson is certainly still a solid player for the Jets as a nickel. It's laughable the way some people try to measure the Jets' DBs, as if everyone should be performing up to the level of Revis. The fact that Cromartie has gotten criticized around here the way that he has should tell how you blatantly absurd it is. It wasn't all that long ago that the Jets had starters at CB who were significantly worse than Wilson, never mind the midgets the Jets currently have behind him.

This is one of the ridiculously asinine threads I have ever seen. The CBs behind Wilson are nowhere within any measurable distance of his ability. While he may not be an all-world talent, Wilson is certainly still a solid player for the Jets as a nickel. It's laughable the way some people try to measure the Jets' DBs, as if everyone should be performing up to the level of Revis. The fact that Cromartie has gotten criticized around here the way that he has should tell how you blatantly absurd it is. It wasn't all that long ago that the Jets had starters at CB who were significantly worse than Wilson, never mind the midgets the Jets currently have behind him.

You must be nuts. Andre Dyson, Lito Sheppard, and David Barrett FTW.

Wilson is very good, then. Explain.

He's a solid nickel back. Nowhere near either Revis or Cro. Its easy to get sucked into that trap and forget that Revis is probably the best ever and Cro is top 5 in the league right now. Wilson is nowhere close to that... But also nowhere near the point where Id consider cutting him for the likes of Lankster, Posey, or Trufant. So, yeah. Solid nickel back at this point. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Filed under 10th worst thread of the pre-season.

Unfortunately, there were hundreds of competitors for this title so you slipped down the charts a bit.

Try again?

No need to try again. I'm certainly the starter of at least four of the top ten worst threads. It's all about blanketting the market and playing the numbers. Next thread...Why we should change our team colors to a nice blue, gold and orange plaid. Stay tuned. Also.....K. Wilson sucks....Bababooey! Bababoooey!

No need to try again. I'm certainly the starter of at least four of the top ten worst threads. It's all about blanketting the market and playing the numbers. Next thread...Why we should change our team colors to a nice blue, gold and orange plaid. Stay tuned. Also.....K. Wilson sucks....Bababooey! Bababoooey!

Sometimes, laughing alone isn't OK.

Crap. Guy can't play the run (he got absolutely owned on a stalk block in the second quarter) and got burned on a bunch of passes. He's been this bad for two years! Wilson is not a good corner. I wish he was. but he is absolutely not. Prove me wrong. Tell about something he's done well in the last two years. thanks.

Crap. Guy can't play the run (he got absolutely owned on a stalk block in the second quarter) and got burned on a bunch of passes. He's been this bad for two years! Wilson is not a good corner. I wish he was. but he is absolutely not. Prove me wrong. Tell about something he's done well in the last two years. thanks.

I think Ive said it about 30 times in this thread, but here goes 31. Kyle Wilson is a solid nickel back. He is no world beater, and I definitely wouldn't be comfortable with him going up against #1 receivers. He is simply a solid nickel back. He will make his boneheaded mistakes at times, and he will blanket a guy at times. Typical of what you would call, a solid nickel back.

Do you realize the inherent problem with telling others they need to disprove you, when you've shown no ability to support the statement to begin with? I don't care what the topic is, that's a pretty good indicator on it's own that the person making the statement is wrong.

What is there to even disprove when you refuse to provide anything but complete conjecture and vague statements of baseless subjective claims that cannot be substantiated? All there really is to say is that you're wrong, and it's pretty blatantly obvious by simply sitting down and watching some football. The truth is he's done lots of things well, just not all of the time. Hate to break it to you, but there's not a single CB, Revis included, who doesn't get beat over and over again throughout an NFL season. He's far from spectacular, but the jump from that to your claim that he should be cut and is worse than a #6 CB isn't even a point of debate, it's blatantly, indefensibly, wrong.

another guy spoiled by revis...look not everyone is a shut down corner like the island. Cro even gets burned plenty and are you gonna cut him? no. wilson is gonna be the guy that all the qbs attack because he is the weakest CB out there. that doesnt mean he sucks. It just means hes the third best CB on the team. get over it and hunker down. he will be burned at some point..so will Cro and you know what so will revis...

they need to slide the safety coverage over to Wilson every passing down. Let Revis and Cro handle their guys but give Wilson help b/c we saw it again and again last year and so far in PS...whoever Wilson has, will get the ball thrown his way

Kyle Wilson, the next Wayne Hunter?

It's a pretty good idea to compare them, with one major difference Hunter had the unique abilty to single handedly bring down a whole unit with 3 Pro Bowlers on it while Wilson, with the best starting CB combination in the conference couldn't even do THAT-Hunter as a whole bunch of suck to be able to ruin an offense all by himself

are you serious ?

Posey > Wilson. The only reason Wilson is still around is his draft status -- FO doesn't want even more egg on their faces. The guys sucks at all aspects of the game. What effin' "great strides" are you guys talking about. He is garbage.

Do you realize the inherent problem with telling others they need to disprove you, when you've shown no ability to support the statement to begin with? I don't care what the topic is, that's a pretty good indicator on it's own that the person making the statement is wrong.

What is there to even disprove when you refuse to provide anything but complete conjecture and vague statements of baseless subjective claims that cannot be substantiated? All there really is to say is that you're wrong, and it's pretty blatantly obvious by simply sitting down and watching some football. The truth is he's done lots of things well, just not all of the time. Hate to break it to you, but there's not a single CB, Revis included, who doesn't get beat over and over again throughout an NFL season. He's far from spectacular, but the jump from that to your claim that he should be cut and is worse than a #6 CB isn't even a point of debate, it's blatantly, indefensibly, wrong.

I stated he got owned on a stalk block and burnt for several receptions. How does that not support my argument? It's on tape. It happened just last night. How is that baseless and unsubstantiated? Conjecture and vague statements? I stated he has stiff hips and bad instincts. Thats pretty specific as far as statements go. So to recap. I stated he did a poor job in coverage and got owned against the run when Brandon LaFell stalk-blocked him across the field and right out of the play.

Then, after making a specific and supported argument, I asked that you support the argument that he's a good player by giving examples. Instead you argued that my post was wrong. No support for your argument whatsoever. Which tells me you can't support Wilson. Because he has done nothing to hold up as a positive example.

Archived