Jets cut Marcus Dixon and half their draft picks!

BlackDynamite

"I didn't know we stunk this bad at drafting?" - Rex Ryan

The Jets have been in no rush to drop Vlad Duccasse, but Ganaway (claimed by Rams), Jordan White, Robert Griffin and yet-to-be-confirmed-rumors of Antonio Allen means the jets blew the draft, unless Coples simple dominates the league.

And why cut Marcus Dixon over $150k in salary? Why cut Jay Richardson? I've seen them both make plays this camp, and Dixon knows the defense inside and out, and he only costs $540k?

I've NEVER heard Rex say one bad word about Dixon in 3+ years?

Tanny looks like he wants out of New York in the worst way. Very disappointed in these developments......

BD

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I jump ship in Hong Kong and I make my way over to Tibet, and I get on as a looper at a course over in the Himalayas. A looper, you know, a caddy, a looper, a jock. So, I tell them I'm a pro jock, and who do you think they give me? The Dalai Lama, himself. Twelfth son of the Lama. The flowing robes, the grace, bald... striking. So, I'm on the first tee with him. I give him the driver. He hauls off and whacks one - big hitter, the Lama - long, into a ten-thousand foot crevasse, right at the base of this glacier. Do you know what the Lama says? Gunga galunga... gunga, gunga-lagunga. So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

Put the butter knife down, kid. That was just a joke. It was a little too good, I guess.....

LOL

BD

ooooooooooooooooh a joke. That was.......um...... very funny. You're here to talk comedy. I get it now. :D

Ps. A good joke does not require someone the person telling it to remind people it's a joke. LOL

"I didn't know we stunk this bad at drafting?" - Rex Ryan

The Jets have been in no rush to drop Vlad Duccasse, but Ganaway (claimed by Rams), Jordan White, Robert Griffin and yet-to-be-confirmed-rumors of Antonio Allen means the jets blew the draft, unless Coples simple dominates the league.

And why cut Marcus Dixon over $150k in salary? Why cut Jay Richardson? I've seen them both make plays this camp, and Dixon knows the defense inside and out, and he only costs $540k?

I've NEVER heard Rex say one bad word about Dixon in 3+ years?

Tanny looks like he wants out of New York in the worst way. Very disappointed in these developments......

BD

ROFLMAO. Yeah, waiving/ releasing Ganaway, Griffin, Allen, and Dixon proves that Tanny is looking to get fired.

In other news, Syracuse almost won a football game today. Maybe the sky really is falling.

ooooooooooooooooh a joke. That was.......um...... very funny. You're here to talk comedy. I get it now. :biggrin:

Ps. A good joke does not require someone the person telling it to remind people it's a joke. LOL

Unless you are the one the joke is on, and clearly overreacted. That makes the joke funnier.

LOL

BD

Jets could realistically have 4 rookies starting at some point this season with hill coples davis and bush. That's not a bad haul.

Add Tebow and his running ability to the equation and I'd say it's a very good haul. Can't believe everyone is whining about cutting 6th and 7th rounders especially since some will/are signed to the PS.

All jokes aside, sh*t like this is pretty much the norm. 6th and 7th rounds you're just drafting for guys that can hopefully make the team at that point. But, it's why trading away mid rounders every year gets tiring, because you're only landing 3 guys a clip when that happens. You can't trade away your mids for Stephen Hill and Tim Tebow and think there won't be consequences come cut time, or that your draft class isn't going to suffer in the immediate. Over time, no depth and a top-heavy roster with inflated contracts becomes the result. Piss your pants and you can only stay warm for so long.

I'm not comfortable with all those guys getting cut and having Schilens on the roster. He didn't play a single snap in four games. Supposedly he's injured, but come on, is he even real? Has anyone actually seen him? It's like having an unconfirmed Big Foot sighting on the roster.

All jokes aside, sh*t like this is pretty much the norm. 6th and 7th rounds you're just drafting for guys that can hopefully make the team at that point. But, it's why trading away mid rounders every year gets tiring, because you're only landing 3 guys a clip when that happens. You can't trade away your mids for Stephen Hill and Tim Tebow and think there won't be consequences come cut time, or that your draft class isn't going to suffer in the immediate. Over time, no depth and a top-heavy roster with inflated contracts becomes the result. Piss your pants and you can only stay warm for so long.

People are just willfully ignoring context at this point. Yes, in a vacuum, cutting a couple sixth rounders isn't a huge deal. The Jets do not exist in a vacuum. They exist in the real world. And in the real world, our QB is terrible and we play fast and loose with mid-round picks and as a result it sure looks like our season is going to come down to some combination of Mangold's health and a race to the bottom between Howard and Smith. A team like that absolutely has to hit on studs in rounds 1 and 2 and solid depth guys in rounds 5-7 every single year. Conversely, a team like that absolutely cannot afford to come out of a draft with four players, especially when the only offensive guy is a developmental wide receiver. You may be right that the Wilkerson/Ellis/Coples line will save Tannenbaum's ass (at least for another season), but eventually the piper has to get paid on this sh*t. Though I will admit your pants-pissing metaphor was much more vivid.

Archived