How the Hell did all the recievers get open??? Tony Sporano???

BornJetsFan1983

I dont get it, someone please tell me.

For years we have seen our WR core look like it was always covered. no matter who was throwing, sanchez, tewbow, pennington, clemons, testaverde, elroy, all the backups we traded to the browns...lol i think it might have been just one. Anyway tonight guys were open, guys we didnt throw to were open, it was amazing.

Is this play design? WR's/QB stepping up?

I always see on other teams not being OC'd by shotty, WR's going like 12 or 15 yards and catching it wideopen and gettting some YAC. Heck how many times have we all watched welker do that little number to us. I was under the impression that our guys just were not that good. But after seeign today i am convinced it was all shotty and his dumb ass plays.

SOmeone correct me, explain to me why it seems like for the first time in 6 seasons it seems like we were not lucky to get a catch but by well designed plays we helped our our team and that this is what every other teams offense does.

am I right? am i just seeing things...Im asking you JN. SOmeone must be able to clarify...Cause i think there is no doubt, shotty was not some scape goat, his plays we easy to cover by nfl standards and no other team in the league had such crappy offense system that was doomed to fail.

Thank you Sporano for gettting our guys open, as a jet fan i forgot that this is what its supposed to be like.

1. Sanchez played great today. All of his throws (except for the shovel pass) were crisp, and he even made some nice ones when his receivers were NOT wide open.

2. Buffalo's secondary sucks. This is a factor that hasn't really been talked about much yet but its true.

3. Our pass protection was phenomenal. More time for Sanchez = more open receivers.

4. Root trees and stuff.

1. Sanchez played great today. All of his throws (except for the shovel pass) were crisp, and he even made some nice ones when his receivers were NOT wide open.

2. Buffalo's secondary sucks. This is a factor that hasn't really been talked about much yet but its true.

3. Our pass protection was phenomenal. More time for Sanchez = more open receivers.

4. Root trees and stuff.

While I agree and am not getting too crazy about today, we were picked to lose this game in many places. Usually when we play a "weaker" team we just barely beat them or by a modest number say.. 24-14 or something. Scoring 48 pts with 34 by the offense is a feat no matter who we are playing. I would be happy if we won by one pt this week, but this is reason to believe that we might be better than we thought on offense. Not world beaters or anything like that, but maybe above average. To think that Hill and Sanchez will get better as their timing improves etc is hopeful.

While I agree and am not getting too crazy about today, we were picked to lose this game in many places. Usually when we play a "weaker" team we just barely beat them or by a modest number say.. 24-14 or something. Scoring 48 pts with 34 by the offense is a feat no matter who we are playing. I would be happy if we won by one pt this week, but this is reason to believe that we might be better than we thought on offense. Not world beaters or anything like that, but maybe above average. To think that Hill and Sanchez will get better as their timing improves etc is hopeful.

Good point. We were so far away ahead of the Bills for the first 3 quarters it made you think Buffalo wasn't even an NFL team. In short, Sanchez was on point AND the Bills sucked. Nothing wrong with saying that.

The Bills have decent starting CBs. What I saw from Sparano that we never saw from Schottenheimer was taking advantage of matchups. The Jets attacked the Bills' 3rd CB over and over again. They actually made the dreaded WR screen pass work with some nifty cross blocking.

It was promising to say the least.

Good point. We were so far away ahead of the Bills for the first 3 quarters it made you think Buffalo wasn't even an NFL team. In short, Sanchez was on point AND the Bills sucked. Nothing wrong with saying that.

Exactly. How many times have we blown games like this. ( the raiders game last year) . We stuffed a lot of words down a lot of throats today. That makes me happy

It wasn't preseason and you could see how nervous Gilmore/whatever dback was on him, was of getting burned by Hill. His speed is an absolute factor and once he gets a better rhythm with Sanchez, he's going to have that back shoulder throw throw/comeback throw open all game long.

Also, getting lost in all the shuffle was Cumberland having himself a pretty solid game. Looks like he could have a pretty decent season if he stays on the field.

I dont get it, someone please tell me.

For years we have seen our WR core look like it was always covered. no matter who was throwing, sanchez, tewbow, pennington, clemons, testaverde, elroy, all the backups we traded to the browns...lol i think it might have been just one. Anyway tonight guys were open, guys we didnt throw to were open, it was amazing.

Is this play design? WR's/QB stepping up?

I always see on other teams not being OC'd by shotty, WR's going like 12 or 15 yards and catching it wideopen and gettting some YAC. Heck how many times have we all watched welker do that little number to us. I was under the impression that our guys just were not that good. But after seeign today i am convinced it was all shotty and his dumb ass plays.

SOmeone correct me, explain to me why it seems like for the first time in 6 seasons it seems like we were not lucky to get a catch but by well designed plays we helped our our team and that this is what every other teams offense does.

am I right? am i just seeing things...Im asking you JN. SOmeone must be able to clarify...Cause i think there is no doubt, shotty was not some scape goat, his plays we easy to cover by nfl standards and no other team in the league had such crappy offense system that was doomed to fail.

Thank you Sporano for gettting our guys open, as a jet fan i forgot that this is what its supposed to be like.

I really need to see the coaches film to really see what happened since a small tv at a bar surrounded by patsie fans isnt the best way to see a game.... but I was stunned. I expected the Bills secondary to play a lot better than that. They were god awful. But the receivers (and coaches) did a tremendous job today and deserve to be proud of what they did.

It's pretty simple really.

The longer the offensive line can keep defenders from getting in the face of the QB, the longer the play is extended, and the more difficult it is for defensive backs to cover.

Football games are won on the line of scrimmage and both Jets offensive and defensive lines were very good today.

Root. Trees.

We can laught at this (it was a funny response), but Jason last year made an insighful post about the Jets receivers not running complimentary routes and none of the receivers coming back for the ball if Sanchez was in trouble. I believe a commentator made the same observation in a radio interview.

I don't see the full field from TV so I don't know if that changed with Sparano, but there is that possibility. Perhaps, just perhaps, the Jets receivers were running more complimentary routes.

It's pretty simple really.

The longer the offensive line can keep defenders from getting in the face of the QB, the longer the play is extended, and the more difficult it is for defensive backs to cover.

Football games are won on the line of scrimmage and both Jets offensive and defensive lines were very good today.

Yes they were. I am impressed by them. And pray we can do that 10 more times. :-D

Has to be the complimentary routes. What else could it be?

Uhm, noncomplimentary, like having receivers running routes that dont clear out routes for other receivers. You know, like Schitty's patented play design of having 2 or 3 receivers in the same area which makes it easier for 1 or 2 defenders to cover them.

The Bills have decent starting CBs. What I saw from Sparano that we never saw from Schottenheimer was taking advantage of matchups. The Jets attacked the Bills' 3rd CB over and over again. They actually made the dreaded WR screen pass work with some nifty cross blocking.

It was promising to say the least.

The funny thing is as I was watching the game with someone, one of the very first things I pointed out was the amazement of running a screen play that actually saw the receiver get some blockers in front of him.

4. Root trees and stuff.

Are you sure about the bold? I had heard that Buffalo's secondary was comparably good to the Jets'.

Uhm, noncomplimentary, like having receivers running routes that dont clear out routes for other receivers. You know, like Schitty's patented play design of having 2 or 3 receivers in the same area which makes it easier for 1 or 2 defenders to cover them.

Yes, yes he did. Little did you know, they were designed with him EXPECTING one or two defenders to cover them. You just don't get it.

The biggest contributing factor to how Sanchez performed and our offense played over all was the O-Line. They shut down the Bills pass rush completely giving Sanchez the time he needed to scan the field and make plays. Im not sure anyone expected us to dominate the anointed greatness of the Bills pash rush but we did. The Bills better hope Mario is not resting on his payday and that the Jets pass protection is just that dominant.

very happy. A good friend and jets fan of mine sent me a text that read "Shottie can eat a bag of d!cks" i thought that summed it up perfectly. There were plenty of throws deep that could have been short throws into all the defenders in the box. Good Job Luigi, keep it up against Pitt.

Hill having another game or two like this is going to open up kerly and Holmes big time. Be interesting to see Holmes unleashed when he is not double or triple covered. It gets even better when keller is back at full speed. Oh wait we suck and have no weapons.

Interesting to see the TE from the mini-draft Reuland getting a decent amount of playing time - wearing Cole's number no less. Guy is big enough, but i don't know anything about him. Guess he was behind/with Fleener at Stanford.

The biggest contributing factor to how Sanchez performed and our offense played over all was the O-Line. They shut down the Bills pass rush completely giving Sanchez the time he needed to scan the field and make plays. Im not sure anyone expected us to dominate the anointed greatness of the Bills pash rush but we did. The Bills better hope Mario is not resting on his payday and that the Jets pass protection is just that dominant.

Sanchez definitely had more time, but he also seemed to be making decisions more quickly. He had a few instances where he had a lot of time and released too quickly, but he seemed to settle in after that. The only thing I did not like was that he was a little inaccurate on some of his completions and he was not pressured on those plays, like the completion to a wide open Kerley that should have been a first down ----but Sanchez made an awful throw that left Kerley off balance and falling. He also threw behind his receivers some. Those kind of mistakes don't wash against tight coverage. Still, I am very happy about what I saw.

Are you sure about the bold? I had heard that Buffalo's secondary was comparably good to the Jets'.

Last year they gave up 30 passing TDs. Good enough to have them tied at 29 in the league. Oakland, Minnesota and Tampa Bay were the only teams who were worse at giving up passing TDs.

Now throw in their best corner is a rookie, it's not looking too bright for their secondary. Gilmore will be probably turn into a good player, but his first season is going to be a learning experience/

Archived