Over Reaction Monday Number Two

sh4dy15

The drastic swing on this site is too funny! Expected, but still funny.

First off, we played the Steelers not the Cardinals (couldn't resist) and were in the game at 20-10 for 3+ quarters of that game!

The offense couldnt get it together after the first two drives yesterday but at least we scored a TD (again, couldn't resist).

A lot of our issues were mistakes that are correctable. We had 8+ legit drops, the Kerley muffed punt, Cro completely losing the ball in the endzone, Hill dropped pass in endzone, and about 10 missed sacks. With all of that we were STILL only down 10 for most of game.

Sanchez didn't play amazing by any stretch but may have been a little shook up after that hit and frustrated by drops, not excuses but could mess with rhythm. He looked good in that first quarter so hopefully he can get back on track.

Lets not go overboard here. I am not sure we know what exactly this team is yet but I dont think they're the team we saw yesterday.

This is pure BS, there's no over reaction....our D gave up 3rd down conversions by the bucket load. How many drops did we have? I counted two in the end zone alone!...we did not use Tebow the way we should have once the game was getting away from us. There was no in game adjustments.....this is on Rex.

First off, we played the Steelers not the Cardinals (couldn't resist) and were in the game at 20-10 for 3+ quarters of that game!

The offense couldnt get it together after the first two drives yesterday but at least we scored a TD (again, couldn't resist).

A lot of our issues were mistakes that are correctable. We had 8+ legit drops, the Kerley muffed punt, Cro completely losing the ball in the endzone, Hill dropped pass in endzone, and about 10 missed sacks. With all of that we were STILL only down 10 for most of game.

Sanchez didn't play amazing by any stretch but may have been a little shook up after that hit and frustrated by drops, not excuses but could mess with rhythm. He looked good in that first quarter so hopefully he can get back on track.

Lets not go overboard here. I am not sure we know what exactly this team is yet but I dont think they're the team we saw yesterday.

Please stop being rational, we need some more hyperbolic statements on how our season is over after loosing to the Steelers in Pittsburgh .For a home opener that have not loss in 9 now 10 years.

If the Jets were more consistent, the swings wouldn't happen....but after years of heartbreak, why shouldn't the first reaction be just that.

Me, Mr. Occasional Pessimist, thinks we'll be fine and we'll come out strong against the Fish. But I'm definitely willing to let people vent because I've been there before.

This is pure BS, there's no over reaction....our D gave up 3rd down conversions by the bucket load. How many drops did we have? I counted two in the end zone alone!...we did not use Tebow the way we should have once the game was getting away from us. There was no in game adjustments.....this is on Rex.

I look forward to this being a theme throughout the year. When we win, he was used perfectly to spell Sanchez at the right moments and when we lose he either was used too much and threw Sanchez out of his rhythm or wasn't utilized enough. Should be entertaining I suppose.

Not many people counted this game as a win coming into the season. That being said, was I pissed when we lost? HELL **** YEAH!!!! I will look at it as a positive though and hope that it motivates us to a minimum of 2 wins in the next 3 games. I thought one of the biggest things was that they gave Sanchez the shot that felt throughout our team where as we didnt deliver that shot. I think that Landry was wanting to deliver that shot and tried to force it. I wish we could have given that shot to Ben but give Ben credit, dood can move in the pocket for a herman munster. We had him dead to rights many times only to have him slide up, duck or shrug off a DL/LB/DB. That is why he is a SB Champ. They made the plays on their home turf and we didnt. first loss of the season, BRING ON THE FEEEESH!!!!!

If the Jets were more consistent, the swings wouldn't happen....but after years of heartbreak, why shouldn't the first reaction be just that.

Me, Mr. Occasional Pessimist, thinks we'll be fine and we'll come out strong against the Fish. But I'm definitely willing to let people vent because I've been there before.

Merriam Webster defines occasional as follows:

Occasional - : encountered, occurring, appearing, or taken at irregular or infrequent intervals

What am I missing here?

Good post. Plenty of positives to take away from that game. Sometimes the other team is just better.

It was a very tough situation for the Jets. They came out swinging but the Steelers hung in there, made the right adjustments and won the game. The reality is, the Jets had numerous opportunities to make that a game going into the 4th quarter and failed.

Actually, the Patriots scored a TD.

Coulda, shoulda, woulda, the Steelers shut you down after the first two drives. You have to give them credit for making plays.

I'll grant you winning in Pittsburgh is a tough assignment, and harder without revis. But all those Sanchez in Year 3=Eli Manning in Year 3 had best note manning yesterday engineered drives netting 25 points in the 4th quarter to erase a 2 TD deficit. Sanchez, again as we have been told over and over would make comparable progress. But the Jets' offense didn't do dick after the first 2 drives. Let's face it;a gain witha chance to do something specail Sanchez did very little for his team.

Good post. Plenty of positives to take away from that game. Sometimes the other team is just better.

It was a very tough situation for the Jets. They came out swinging but the Steelers hung in there, made the right adjustments and won the game. The reality is, the Jets had numerous opportunities to make that a game going into the 4th quarter and failed.

That's all I'm saying, the Steelers are a better team but we hung around even with all the mental mistakes we made!

Do you realize if we had those two crucial sacks and didn't muff that punt, that's 14 points they don't get right there.

Really haven't seen the over reaction yet but the day is young...first off that Steeler team played as expected and were still beatable...second, the Cards defense will keep them in most games even with their offense...its not necessarily that we lost against a hungrier Steeler team its more how we didn't compete after the first quarter...I didn't like Rex decision to fold his hand at the end of the first half and didn't like the mental errors throughout...with that said its just one loss in the start of the season...I'm still optimistic we can make a strong playoff run...but at some point we need to start capitalizing on the opportunities (NE loss) that are presented to us.

Really haven't seen the over reaction yet but the day is young...first off that Steeler team played as expected and were still beatable...second, the Cards defense will keep them in most games even with their offense...its not necessarily that we lost against a hungrier Steeler team its more how we didn't compete after the first quarter...I didn't like Rex decision to fold his hand at the end of the first half and didn't like the mental errors throughout...with that said its just one loss in the start of the season...I'm still optimistic we can make a strong playoff run...but at some point we need to start capitalizing on the opportunities (NE loss) that are presented to us.

Good post and swear it seems every time NE losses, the Jets lose too....so weird.

We had Rape_burger just shy of In The Grasp many times and the guy is Houdini - hate him but have to give him his due. Had the D had Revis and had they been able to close on a third of those - different ball game.

Sanchez gets boinked and clearly isn't the same afterwards then the receivers all washed up with vasoline - fine

Point is even with all that we're chasing 3 at half and its 20-10 most of the rest of the game.

Not concerned. We damn sure weren't going to win all of them.

I'll grant you winning in Pittsburgh is a tough assignment, and harder without revis. But all those Sanchez in Year 3=Eli Manning in Year 3 had best note manning yesterday engineered drives netting 25 points in the 4th quarter to erase a 2 TD deficit. Sanchez, again as we have been told over and over would make comparable progress. But the Jets' offense didn't do dick after the first 2 drives. Let's face it;a gain witha chance to do something specail Sanchez did very little for his team.

I think it's officially time to stop sucking Eli off for all of his fourth quarter comebacks and start talking about how he needs to show up for the first half of games every now and then. People seem to ignore the fact that he's the #1 reason the Giants so often need to try to come back, because of his constant early game no-shows, and the truth is as great as those comebacks seem, you're only going to be able to pull it off against a team sh*tty enough to allow it to happen (see last week's loss vs the Cowboys and the Giants 9-7 record last year).

Of course, none of this changes Sanchez's sucktitude, but I'm just not sure how Eli suddenly became a QB'ing measuring stick. While I'd certainly take Eli over the crap we've had at QB over the years, he's far from what you ideally want your QB to be (cue the resident Giants'-lovers solely crediting Eli for their Super Bowls).

That's all I'm saying, the Steelers are a better team but we hung around even with all the mental mistakes we made!

Do you realize if we had those two crucial sacks and didn't muff that punt, that's 14 points they don't get right there.

Hung around??? LOL! Our receivers didnt catch a freaking pass for over 2 quarters. Thats not hanging around. Thats the Steelers not crushing us completely.

Its only 1 game and nothing to get our panties in a bunch over. But if this team cant figure out a way to play decently against the better teams of the league we are in for a long season. Losses are one thing, but playing the way they did is painful and discouraging... reminding me of this team last year who smoked a few teams and then looked completely lost against others. Im hopeful these guys are ready for next week and the games after, but Im still leery of this team and their potential

Hung around??? LOL! Our receivers didnt catch a freaking pass for over 2 quarters. Thats not hanging around. Thats the Steelers not crushing us completely.

Its only 1 game and nothing to get our panties in a bunch over. But if this team cant figure out a way to play decently against the better teams of the league we are in for a long season. Losses are one thing, but playing the way they did is painful and discouraging... reminding me of this team last year who smoked a few teams and then looked completely lost against others. Im hopeful these guys are ready for next week and the games after, but Im still leery of this team and their potential

I understand that but the score was still 20-10 man! That's hanging around, I don't give a sh*t what anyone says! If our receivers hadn't caught a pass and we were down 34-10 the whole game then different story. Even with all these issues, including not not catching a pass for 2 quarters (which is pathetic, don't get me wrong) we were still down only 10.

I understand that but the score was still 20-10 man! That's hanging around, I don't give a sh*t what anyone says! If our receivers hadn't caught a pass and we were down 34-10 the whole game then different story. Even with all these issues, including not not catching a pass for 2 quarters (which is pathetic, don't get me wrong) we were still down only 10.

No its not hanging around. we just didnt get crushed. but whatever makes you feel better about the game.

I'll grant you winning in Pittsburgh is a tough assignment, and harder without revis. But all those Sanchez in Year 3=Eli Manning in Year 3 had best note manning yesterday engineered drives netting 25 points in the 4th quarter to erase a 2 TD deficit.

Eli also threw the ball to the other team 3 or 4 times. Yeah?

You mean to tell me that the dreaded Arizona Cardinals flew east for a 1 PM game in New England, and you guys put up 1 TD on them? Nice! Want a cookie?

I am only pointing out the factual inaccuracy of the post. And a cookie would be nice. Chocolate Chip, Sugar Cookie are yummy.

I think it's officially time to stop sucking Eli off for all of his fourth quarter comebacks and start talking about how he needs to show up for the first half of games every now and then. People seem to ignore the fact that he's the #1 reason the Giants so often need to try to come back, because of his constant early game no-shows, and the truth is as great as those comebacks seem, you're only going to be able to pull it off against a team sh*tty enough to allow it to happen (see last week's loss vs the Cowboys and the Giants 9-7 record last year).

Of course, none of this changes Sanchez's sucktitude, but I'm just not sure how Eli suddenly became a QB'ing measuring stick. While I'd certainly take Eli over the crap we've had at QB over the years, he's far from what you ideally want your QB to be (cue the resident Giants'-lovers solely crediting Eli for their Super Bowls).

Fair enough. But the "Sanchez in his 3rd year is exaclty like Eli" nonsense has to stop. And too many people here and elsewhere were propogating this nonsense. SimplyS anchez isn't Eli manning and he may not be very good at all.

This. For every QB who sucked for 3 years then had the lightbulb go on, there are 20 who continued to suck. Sanchez is the latter.

Instead we get fed Eli. The real comparables are Leinart, Leaf, Carr, et al. and the legion of QBs who continued to suck.

Archived