Manti Te’o’s Dead Girlfriend, The Most Heartbreaking And Inspirational Story Of The College Football Season, Is A Hoax

Lil Bit Special

What rape? You mean the alleged sexual assault that police and investigators found no basis for? Why would they have to have a press conference about that?

That said, ND is really sticking their neck out here, so they obviously believe the story. They don't have to do that, given that he's graduating and all. So that makes Manti's story more plausible.

To discuss they looked into it and discuss what happened with that and the rape that was never reported thanks to the police doing nothing in the first one. yeah.. I know. Players are scumbags and wasnt a place for the University to step in.

ND better be right, because this story has a lot of holes in it to be a hoax he didnt know anything about.

The one question that still lingers... why would a famous football player have an online only relationship with a woman when he could get real pussy whenever he wanted? If I was a reporter, that would be my question

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is a lot of explaining that needs to be done still.

No matter the final resolution of this crazy story, this puts a huge black mark on him. Either he's an idiot who fell for this, or he's a genius for concocting this hoax. Cant wait for his truth to come out, and if any people follow to refute his story. This is going to be fun

I don't know whether to laugh or not. It's quite hilariously disturbing.

Guy should just come out as gay and that will be it, whether he is or not he's proven he'll live the lie and it's the least embarrassing outcome at this point. Then he'll go to the Miami Dolphins where he'll fit right in, assuming he doesn't have any imaginary prostitute mothers.

I wonder if Te'o has a bridge he's selling as well. The absolutely most I'm capable of believing is that it could have started off as a hoax that he knew nothing about, but somewhere over the course of an entire year he had to be made aware of it.

If you ever navigate through twitter the late teen early twenties generation who grew up with social networking are beyond attention starved.The amount of males embarrassing themselves you see on these social networking sites trying to get females to notice them or feel bad for them is astounding.

I coached college kids last year and you scroll through their twitters and its embarrassing the amount of feeling sorry for myself tweets youll see.

Who gives a sh*t as long as he tackles?

Being a scumbag would be worse than being gay though. NFL is actually coming around on gay rights iirc.

The homophobic meatheads in an NFL locker room and the equally homophobic men who own half these football teams. This isn't your local book club he'll be joining

Multiple Factors are at play here:

1. This is the doing of a fat girl with poor self-esteem (but with a great personality). I have dated online, it is typical to exchange emails/texts before engaging in a conversation, at which point sometimes weeks will pass before a face-to-face is arranged. There are too many crazy people out there to not build up a sense of trust between one another. Even still, it is my experience that there is a remarkable difference in pictures posted online and the real thing.

2. Te'o was a sloowww-moving romantic. Perhaps his football schedule, class schedule and religious obligations limited his ability to socialize. Perhaps her "medical" issues made the perfect alibi for her inability to have face-to-face get-togethers. Still, four months of a relationship (in which daily interactions existed) means that Te'o really didn't press the issue to have that first date. He must really be into romance...or celibacy.

3. Te'o became increasingly more popular, and the fat girl flaked. I don't deny that they had a faceless love. From his account, they shared spiritual motivations with one another and shared in each other's victories and pitfalls. My guess is that they grew a love, and then she chickened out. Girls with all those emotions-and-whatnot do some really stupid things. She was probably so afraid of being dumped, she took matters into her own hands...and had a friend fake her death.

Like I said, Girls. Emotions. Not a good combo.

If you ever navigate through twitter the late teen early twenties generation who grew up with social networking are beyond attention starved.The amount of males embarrassing themselves you see on these social networking sites trying to get females to notice them or feel bad for them is astounding.

I coached college kids last year and you scroll through their twitters and its embarrassing the amount of feeling sorry for myself tweets youll see.

It's remarkable how much high school/college kids have changed in less than a decade, strictly due to the use of social networking. I'm only 27 and know for a fact I couldn't find a single one of my buddies who would ever be caught dead "posting" some of these woe-is-me type messages, but I could list a handful of my friends' younger siblings who are 20/21 who probably do it weekly.

I think maybe he had this online relationship with this fake person but obviously it wasn't serious. Got honestly duped. Heard she died while just hearing about his grandmother. Told his friends and teammates. The media initially blows it up as his "girlfriend." Under the pressure of the outpouring attention he just rolls with it. The story gets bigger and bigger to the point where he can't go back on it that the girl wasn't a serious girlfriend. He later finds out the girl wasn't even real. But at that point instead of the embarrassment decides to hope it all just goes away and swept under the rug. Possibly..

This is one weird ass story. And keep in mind... Deadspin released the story at 4:10pm and Notre Dame had a press conference 4 hours later. This story still has a long way to go in its weirdness.

And did anyone ever think they would see this on ESPN:

capture_20130116_200649-1.jpg

Never in my life would I think ESPN would be discussing a fake girlfriend.

The person never existed though. Plus there's 0 evidence of him being gay.

http://www.sbnation....ekua/in/3648305

The already-bizarre Manti Te'o-Lennay Kekua story just got stranger.

Earlier today, Deadspin published a report that Kekua, who the press was told died of leukemia in September, was in fact a fictional person created as part of an elaborate online hoax. Contradicting that report, former Arizona Cardinals fullback Reagan Maui'a has told ESPN that not only is Lennay Kekua a real person, but that he personally met her while doing charity work in Samoa with Troy Polamalu and other Polynesian athletes. Maui'a claims they were introduced by her cousin, Ronaiah Tuiasosopo:

After the initial meeting, Mauia said he met her at an "after-party" for all of the athletes involved in the camp.

"She was tall," he said. "Volleyball-type of physique. She was athletic, tall, beautiful. Long hair. Polynesian. She looked like a model ... "

He said it is his understanding that Kekua's mother is operating her Twitter account. He said he'd never met her mother. When told by a reporter that she apparently might not have existed, Mauia said: "No, she is real."

The report contradicts Notre Dame athletic Director Jack Swarbrick, who told reporters Wednesday night that Kekua is a fictional character created to perpetrate a hoax against star Irish linebacker Manti Te'o.

Tuiasosopo, a former high school football star and current professional musician, was cited by Deadspin as the person behind Lennay Kekua's apparently fictional persona. Tuiasosopo is reportedly a close friend of the Te'o family.

Te'o and members of his family had previously told reporters that the two had met after a game between Notre Dame and Stanford, and that Kekua had visited Hawaii to see Te'o's family. Swarbrick confirmed tonight that those reports were false, saying it was a "purely online relationship."

Earlier today, Deadspin published a report that Kekua, who the press was told died of leukemia in September, was in fact a fictional person created as part of an elaborate online hoax. Contradicting that report, former Arizona Cardinals fullback Reagan Maui'a has told ESPN that not only is Lennay Kekua a real person, but that he personally met her while doing charity work in Samoa with Troy Polamalu and other Polynesian athletes. Maui'a claims they were introduced by her cousin, Ronaiah Tuiasosopo:

After the initial meeting, Mauia said he met her at an "after-party" for all of the athletes involved in the camp.

"She was tall," he said. "Volleyball-type of physique. She was athletic, tall, beautiful. Long hair. Polynesian. She looked like a model ... "

He said it is his understanding that Kekua's mother is operating her Twitter account. He said he'd never met her mother. When told by a reporter that she apparently might not have existed, Mauia said: "No, she is real."

The report contradicts Notre Dame athletic Director Jack Swarbrick, who told reporters Wednesday night that Kekua is a fictional character created to perpetrate a hoax against star Irish linebacker Manti Te'o.

Tuiasosopo, a former high school football star and current professional musician, was cited by Deadspin as the person behind Lennay Kekua's apparently fictional persona. Tuiasosopo is reportedly a close friend of the Te'o family.

Te'o and members of his family had previously told reporters that the two had met after a game between Notre Dame and Stanford, and that Kekua had visited Hawaii to see Te'o's family. Swarbrick confirmed tonight that those reports were false, saying it was a "purely online relationship."

IDK man, this doesn't prove anything.

jaysus

it wouldn't work out. I'm a real person who doesn't have leukemia and won't die so that you can overcome more adversity.

sh*t, the picture that came with my wallet is getting old. I need a new girlfriend. I guess I gotta figure out this Facebook thing and make up a girl that way.

Archived