The All Revis Trade Discussion Threads are the Same Discussion Thread - MERGED NUMEROUS TIMES

jetfan718

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yes I see your position here, but I am not saying I am more interested in having a hall of famer over a super bowl. But on that same note, I feel this future HOF'er can help us get closer to a super bowl win then the two draft picks we will get for him will....whether those draft picks are botched or not. And I could be wrong and I'm fine with that but I don't think I am..

well we don't know who the players that we will draft are so you can't assume this. but it's not only the 2 or 3 players we will draft and acquire in the trade. it's also the 2 players we will be able to afford to give a contract to since we won't have so much money tied up in one cornerback. trading revis can theoretically net us about 5 players. the price it will cost the team to keep revis is just too prohibitive to building a team. we are not one great defensive player away from a real shot at a superbowl with the cap room to pay the man. we have to get something for him before we lose him for nothing but a compensatory 3rd.

It'll be a cold day in Hell when this happens. I think I might cease to be a Jets fan if we dealt him to the Patriots.

http://www.patspulpi...-get-your-hopes

Patriots "Highly Interested" in Darrelle Revis, But Don't Get Your Hopes Up

By Greg Knopping on Jan 26, 1:02p 159

gyi0063070723.0_standard_500.0.jpg

Elsa

The New England Patriots are one of several teams "highly interested" in Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis -- but don't be quick to get your hopes up.

By now, you've probably heard the news: the New York Jets are strongly weighing the possibility of trading All-Pro cornerback Darrelle Revis. The Patriots, as you also probably know, have some glaring weaknesses in their secondary. With cornerbacks Aqib Talib and Kyle Arrington likely to hit the open market, and the safety position anything but a sure thing, the Patriots have some serious work to do this offseason in the secondary.

That being said, CBS Sports' Mike Freeman is reporting that the New England Patriots are one of many teams interested in the services of Darrelle Revis, in a market that is supposedly the equivalent of a "gold rush forming:"

Sources say one of the teams highly interested is the New England Patriots, but not even the Jets, who have made some screwy decisions over the years, would trade Revis to the division-rival Patriots and, in the process, hand them a
Super Bowl

So there you go, the Patriots are interested, but it probably won't be happening. As for the potential cost to land Revis from the league's other 30 teams:

Several team sources are claiming the Jets want a first- and second-round pick for Revis, which is astronomical payment considering Revis -- while one of the best players in all of football -- is coming off knee surgery and will want a hefty contract.

One could only posture what the Jets would demand from the Patriots to get a Revis trade completed. Would it be two first round picks and a second round pick? More? The Patriots haven't often given up high draft picks for players, with the second round choices shipped out for Corey Dillon and Wes Welker being the only real examples in the Bill Belichick era.

That being said, Darrelle Revis is the type of player that could shore up just about every weakness on the Patriots' defense. If Bill Belichick truly believed that Revis was the last piece to the puzzle, perhaps he would surrender an astronomical amount of assets. Revis is only 27, and although he's coming ACL surgery, do you really think that will hold him back going forward?

It would truly take a lot of things to make this happen for the Patriots, and I really wouldn't hold your breath on anything happening. But hey, what's the offseason without a little harmless day dreaming?

The title of this article could easily have been "I'M A BORED FOOTBALL WRITER FACING A LONG OFFSEASON WHERE NOTHING OF SUBSTANCE IS GOING TO HAPPEN FOR AT LEAST A MONTH SO I WILL WRITE UP SOME NONSENSE ABOUT A TEAM TRADING ITS BEST PLAYER TO ITS BIGGEST DIVISIONAL RIVAL AND SEE IF I CAN GET ONE OF THE FANBASES TO BITE SO I CAN AMUSE MYSELF"

If the Pats have the balls to even make that phone call, the Jets should just respond back that they'll ship Revis over to the Pats for a first round pick for every year Revis remains in the league.

Plus Brady.

No, I think the Jets should trade Revis to the Pats for the Pats first rounder every year Revis is in the league, Brady, Gronkowski and Wilfork's unconditional retirements, a guarantee the Pats will trade for and start Blaine Gabbert and for Belichick to be forced to continue coaching them under those circumstances.

The media is literally ruining my favorite sport.

First of all, every single team in the league is interested in Darrelle Revis to some extent.

And correct me if I'm wrong but wouldnt any comment about interest or trading for a player who's under contract for another tampering?

I think we can safely say no way this would ever happen

ya, no trade.

way it happens though is IF Pats let it be known they will over pay him,, AND if Jets cant find a trade partner for Revis (he may scare teams off by over demanding on trade and sign deal)

Then Revis plays 2013 w/jets and is a FA.

they couldn't be so stupid as to deal Revis to New England without getting Brady in the deal...could they?

on the snowball's chance in hell this happens, fire everyone, put a hit out on Woody, burn down the stadium and salt the Earth. we'll be needing to start REALLY fresh.

Why is it that this site sees a conspiracy theory in every leak to the press, but nobody is mentioning it in this one?

A)The Pats leak their interest and that makes it harder for the Jets to trade him - they may end up just paying him or letting him walk so that they don't end up with a Favre scenario where the Packers were afraid we'd spin him off to the Vikings.

B) The Jets leak the Pats "interest" and tell teams they can get some sweet offer from the Pats, but "would rather deal outside the division".

Most likely this is just more mindless speculation, but there is more reason for teams to be leaking this sh*t than the sh*t you guys are usually complaining about and seeing ulterior motives in every press release.

Don't believe for a minute that Belichick wouldn't pull a back door 3 team trade with one of his NFL buddies, right under the Jets noses.

"Hey, old pal... if you go trade your #1 and #2 for Revis, we'll in turn give you two #1's for him immediately after the paperwork is signed with the Jets."

Don't believe for a minute that Belichick wouldn't pull a back door 3 team trade with one of his NFL buddies, right under the Jets noses.

"Hey, old pal... if you go trade your #1 and #2 for Revis, we'll in turn give you two #1's for him immediately after the paperwork is signed with the Jets."

u can write language into trade deal to prevent that. if team said no, then thats a red flag teh jets would not ignore

Archived