Rex is finished

Jetfan13

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the Titanic:

Ape: "Why are you all running? Because there aren't enough lifeboats, the water is freezing, and the nearest boat that's not sinking is four hours away? Pussies."

slats: "If you haven't drowned yet, you're still alive. So chill."

Gato: "Lulz Titanic people are so funny. 'Oh, the boat is sinking!' It can still float if some extremely unlikely event happens, dummy. You prolly think every boat sinkzzzzzzzzz." 

JiF: "I love the Titanic. It's the best ship ever. Oh, it's taking on water? This is the worst ship ever. I was just kidding about it being the best ship ever. Gay."

If it took the Titanic ten months to sink, this would be the perfect analogy.

Side note: the Titanic hit the iceberg on my birthday. A little personal pride right there.

On the Titanic:

Ape: "Why are you all running? Because there aren't enough lifeboats, the water is freezing, and the nearest boat that's not sinking is four hours away? Pussies."

slats: "If you haven't drowned yet, you're still alive. So chill."

Gato: "Lulz Titanic people are so funny. 'Oh, the boat is sinking!' It can still float if some extremely unlikely event happens, dummy. You prolly think every boat sinkzzzzzzzzz."

JiF: "I love the Titanic. It's the best ship ever. Oh, it's taking on water? This is the worst ship ever. I was just kidding about it being the best ship ever. Gay."

This post should be the site banner.

Max on the Titanic:

"This will generate so many uniques. Nobody better curse because I'm tweeting this link to mainstream society and I want that press pass. Did anyone die yet? Was it a high-volume poster? No? Good. Where's Courtney? She's worth 12 hits every time out. Do we have a drowny-face emoji?"

Rex was finished when his team no-showed against the Titans and Dolphins last year. The rest is paperwork.

Actually, Rex was finished when his team no-showed against the Steelers in the AFCCG. It's just taken some time to finally end him.

So Rex WAS drafting players. Thought so.

Yes, and No. Tanny drafted the players, but proved to be a lame duck GM by drafting whatever player/position Rex wanted, and further more signed FA/made trades because Rex wanted them, that's why he lost his job, and Rex didn't. Woody will give Rex a 2nd chance, and Idzik will have to be able to determine the best course of strategy in FA/Trades/Draft even if it's not what Rex would want, it's called checks, and balances, and if done properly both GM, and HC can coexist, and be succesful, the goal isn't to be happy in March/April it's to be happy in February, sometimes you have to piss off each other along the way to accomplish this. Rex may be gone after this season, but I don't think Idzik is making decisions based on the thought he will have a new HC next year, if he is doing his job properly he will evaluate the coaching staff fairly, and in a whole after the season is over.

The Francesa takedown of Rex just now was brutal, and spot-on. Don't get me wrong--I like that Rex isn't out there running his mouth, but it is pretty sad that The Mouth That Roared has been relegated to hiding under his desk while the team gets torn to pieces.

The Francesa takedown of Rex just now was brutal, and spot-on. Don't get me wrong--I like that Rex isn't out there running his mouth, but it is pretty sad that The Mouth That Roared has been relegated to hiding under his desk while the team gets torn to pieces.

Hahahaha... true.

Why doesn't Rex just shut up and coach?  

Why is Rex hiding under the desk?  

And yes, this.

Meh, I think all that Fatcesa is really doing is, as always, doing his best to transform absolutely everything that ever happens with the Jets into something awful.  I think Rex's quiet is far more of a credit to Idzik, and how quickly he's changed the way things are run around here, than anything else.  This is not in any way a defense of Rex or his big mouth, as he should have known better than to be doing that, but that it was allowed to continue to happen speaks to how free and wild Tanny let everything run, and how Idzik seems to have made it clear he'll have none of that.  I'm not sure what's so awful about Rex not coming out and rambling on about a bunch of cuts, most of which had been seen coming since the day the season ended.

With the massive exodus and eventual trade of Revis,  all the pressure is on the GM to have a great draft.   

At this point Rex has house money.  It's assume he will be fired,  the way the Jets are slashing or letting players go, it's assumed they will stink.

So really this would be a stress free situation for Rex. It sucks to some extent, but if the Jets go 6-10 or 7-9 with the crap they have, Rex lands a job in a heartbeat.    If the jets stink so bad and wind up 2-14 and nobody from this draft seems to work out,  suddenly the GM looks bad.

Meh, I think all that Fatcesa is really doing is, as always, doing his best to transform absolutely everything that ever happens with the Jets into something awful.  I think Rex's quiet is far more of a credit to Idzik, and how quickly he's changed the way things are run around here, than anything else.  This is not in any way a defense of Rex or his big mouth, as he should have known better than to be doing that, but that it was allowed to continue to happen speaks to how free and wild Tanny let everything run, and how Idzik seems to have made it clear he'll have none of that.  I'm not sure what's so awful about Rex not coming out and rambling on about a bunch of cuts, most of which had been seen coming since the day the season ended.

Rex did open his mouth about Revis won't be traded.  Soon thereafter trade rumors start.    And what could Rex really be loud about?  His team stunk the past two years, they have no QB, they really have no legit plans of what they are doing, and the guy is on his last leg before being fired.

And what did Rex really rave about all these years?  "We are a super bowl team..." kind of rants.    How the hell can he actually say that with a straight face now.  There isn't much he can shout about as the Jets gut the team.  In the end he's in  a win win situation though for his next job.  I can hear it now,   "The New GM gutted the team, replaced them with young guys, didn't want my opinion on anything, and the best I could do was get them to 6-10 with Gerrard/Sanchez as QB."

With the massive exodus and eventual trade of Revis,  all the pressure is on the GM to have a great draft.   

At this point Rex has house money.  It's assume he will be fired,  the way the Jets are slashing or letting players go, it's assumed they will stink.

So really this would be a stress free situation for Rex. It sucks to some extent, but if the Jets go 6-10 or 7-9 with the crap they have, Rex lands a job in a heartbeat.    If the jets stink so bad and wind up 2-14 and nobody from this draft seems to work out,  suddenly the GM looks bad.

Unfortunately for Rex, his "house money" is a dog house.

Meh, I think all that Fatcesa is really doing is, as always, doing his best to transform absolutely everything that ever happens with the Jets into something awful. I think Rex's quiet is far more of a credit to Idzik, and how quickly he's changed the way things are run around here, than anything else. This is not in any way a defense of Rex or his big mouth, as he should have known better than to be doing that, but that it was allowed to continue to happen speaks to how free and wild Tanny let everything run, and how Idzik seems to have made it clear he'll have none of that. I'm not sure what's so awful about Rex not coming out and rambling on about a bunch of cuts, most of which had been seen coming since the day the season ended.

Word. Like I said, I like that he's quiet. It's just such a stark contrast to what we've been sold for the last three years with him. I don't think it's a coincidence that that worse the team is, the less visible Rex is. Prototype front-running bully.

Unfortunately for Rex, his "house money" is a dog house.

I agree, but for a head coach, the way this team looks like its heading,  this is one of those years nobody counts.   

I mean remember Caldwell and how bad the guy was with the Colts as HC.  And then that 2-14 season without Manning.  Fired.

Last year, he becomes OC of the Ravens at what, week 12 or 13,  team plays better, they win a super bowl and now the guy was talked about as somebody who should be a HC again.        Rex didn't have Manning.    This season might suck, but the reality is,  for a HC,  it's one of those seasons where you grin and bear it, do your best, and move on.    And if the Jets do wind up 8-8 with this team,  Rex probably sticks his middle finger up and walks to the highest bidder.

Word. Like I said, I like that he's quiet. It's just such a stark contrast to what we've been sold for the last three years with him. I don't think it's a coincidence that that worse the team is, the less visible Rex is. Prototype front-running bully.

Yeah, I can see that too.  I suppose there's that part of me that sees the one thing we have reason to possibly be optimistic about right now is Idzik, so I'm happy to give him credit for things that seem to already be starting to look better around here.

Meh, I think all that Fatcesa is really doing is, as always, doing his best to transform absolutely everything that ever happens with the Jets into something awful. I think Rex's quiet is far more of a credit to Idzik, and how quickly he's changed the way things are run around here, than anything else. This is not in any way a defense of Rex or his big mouth, as he should have known better than to be doing that, but that it was allowed to continue to happen speaks to how free and wild Tanny let everything run, and how Idzik seems to have made it clear he'll have none of that. I'm not sure what's so awful about Rex not coming out and rambling on about a bunch of cuts, most of which had been seen coming since the day the season ended.

well said. Especially on the Francesa bit. It's funny how everything gets so sensationalized with the jets now.

Revis gets traded, Rex wigs out... gets fired. Cowher. 

Best possible outcome.

We can dream.  But if the Jets are that horrible, it kind of means Idzik had a horrible draft.

And why would Cowher come to a team who might be years away from winning when you can go anywhere he wants.  AKa Carolina.

Yeah, I can see that too. I suppose there's that part of me that sees the one thing we have reason to possibly be optimistic about right now is Idzik, so I'm happy to give him credit for things that seem to already be starting to look better around here.

I was chatting with a friend who's a Jets fan and he said (re: Idzik), "It feels like the Jets are a professional football team again." I love being able to open a newspaper and not see the stupid pouring out of Florham Park for a change. I can just imagine the stream of media diarrhea we'd be sifting through right now if Tannenbaum was involved in trading Revis. A million unsourced quotes talking about how mean Darrelle is to Mr. Johnson.

We can dream. But if the Jets are that horrible, it kind of means Idzik had a horrible draft.

And why would Cowher come to a team who might be years away from winning when you can go anywhere he wants. AKa Carolina.

Outside of Jarvis Jones or mayyyyybe Geno Smith, there aren't any draftable players that are going to instantly add 2-3 wins to a team, IMO.

Revis gets traded, Rex wigs out... gets fired. Cowher.

Best possible outcome.

What has Cohwer ever done besides ride the coattails of the greatest D-Coordinator of all time, and coach one of the top 3 run franchises in the league, with the Steelers ownership, front office, and Dick LeBaeu at their disposal any HC would have won a SB in 15+ years there, but good ones would have won 2+, Cohwer is a safe playing pussy, who will almost always fail in the big game, because he won't have the balls to be aggressive. I'm so sick of hearing about how great a coach Bill Cohwer is! He is a good coach who runs a tight ship, nothing more, nothing less!

Archived