PFT: Jets Permission For Revis to Visit Bucs

flgreen

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hope it's a big deal. made alot of noise about keeping Revis but i'll always root for the laundry. 

We all wanted to keep Revis.  I'll bet Woody Johnson wanted to keep Revis.

Just that not all of us wanted the Jets to pay Revis what he wants because we think the Jets will be in a position to assemble a better team even if it means we end up with a worse #1 CB.

If he fails and cannot play like Revis of the past would you still want him ?

Well I don't know that failing a physical today necessarily means he cannot play like Revis of the past. It means he can't play like Revis of the past in the middle of this spring.  But he might pass that same physical if it was given to him 3-4 months later.  It was a pretty bad injury and his healing timetable doesn't necessarily line up with the draft.

How are the Jets worse off that it's leaked? That was my question since that was your assertion.

What otherwise-avoidable predicament would they be in had they kept this hush-hush?

I would argue it makes no difference. A team can't give his player permission to talk to and go through a physical with another team and keep it secret.

I understand so far there is only team interested in him. But not having the info he failed a physical is good if another team may get interested as we get closer to the draft or even after the draft before the training camp.

Having the failing of the physical news out there hurts the JETS and not having that info out there allows JETS to do some damage control to get out of the Revis situation!

Well I don't know that failing a physical today necessarily means he cannot play like Revis of the past. It means he can't play like Revis of the past in the middle of this spring.  But he might pass that same physical if it was given to him 3-4 months later.  It was a pretty bad injury and his healing timetable doesn't necessarily line up with the draft.

I am looking at the worst case scenario. As a JETS fan you get trained to doing that!

I understand so far there is only team interested in him. But not having the info he failed a physical is good if another team may get interested as we get closer to the draft or even after the draft before the training camp.

Having the failing of the physical news out there hurts the JETS and not having that info out there allows JETS to do some damage control to get out of the Revis situation!

There is no way that would or could be kept secret.  Everyone knows Tampa was interested.  

In the imaginary scenario that it could be kept secret the Jets would be in damage control anyway, having to explain why they couldn't get a deal done.

Hint: he's not going to fail a physical

There is no way that would or could be kept secret.  Everyone knows Tampa was interested.  

In the imaginary scenario that it could be kept secret the Jets would be in damage control anyway, having to explain why they couldn't get a deal done.

Secret of he took a physical ? Its difficult but not impossible. A Non disclosure agreement(NDA) would put the responsibility on the Bucs to stay quiet about it.

They do not have to explain the failure of deal not happening. Based on how this has gone everyone would assume compensation! ANd if they do not assume all the JETS had to say was it was compensation!

I hope this pans out in something that looks this way, I have no idea if it's fair or not, but this is the type of haul I'd like to see us get.

Jets get:

2013: 1st, 3rd, 5th

2014: conditional 3rd

Bucs get: 

Revis

2013: 6th

Then Jets trade 2013 5th for Chris Ivory.

Im down for this as well

It is a bittersweet day in Jets history. We trade the best CB in the NFL possibly 1 of the best to ever wear a Jets uni. In return we hopefully get players who will make an immediate impact and put this team in the right direction.

Treat today like any other Sunday during football season drink heavily when dealing with the Jets.

You know, I am really sad to see Revis go. The only part that makes me angry is that not once did we hear about us even attempting to sign him up with an extension. I really hope that we tried, and that Revis was his usual selfish self. Cause if we didn't even try, that is beyond garbage.

You know, I am really sad to see Revis go. The only part that makes me angry is that not once did we hear about us even attempting to sign him up with an extension. I really hope that we tried, and that Revis was his usual selfish self. Cause if we didn't even try, that is beyond garbage.

Agree there should have been some effort to restructure him to a cap friendly deal.

Um, what would it matter if Revis can't pass a physical now?

First off, no one else is interested.  Second, anyone else who might suddenly decide they're interested would also insist on a physical, which Revis would fail.

And I doubt he's going to fail it anyway.

Yes it would. If this trade does not happen people will know its a failed physical. So the JETS cannot dump their damaged goods onto anyone for any kind of compensation. Heck you can even kiss the 3rd round comp pick in 2014 goodbye!

Even if Revis is in a situation as stated below we will never get the kindda compensation if there is another cloud hanging over his head.

Well

I don't know that failing a physical today necessarily means he cannot play like Revis of the past. It means he can't play like Revis of the past in the middle of this spring.  But he might pass that same physical

if it was given to him 3-4 months later.  It was a pretty bad injury and his healing timetable doesn't necessarily line up with the draft.

At this point since the cat is out of the bag i hope Revis passes his physical!

The only real good fun side is that when Revis holds out again in a season or two, this time we can laugh.

TBH I hope this happens, if not, then you know something was wrong here. Not that we don't know the Jets are pretty dysfunctional already.  

Yes it would. If this trade does not happen people will know its a failed physical. So the JETS cannot dump their damaged goods onto anyone for any kind of compensation. Heck you can even kiss the 3rd round comp pick in 2014 goodbye!

Even if Revis is in a situation as stated below we will never get the kindda compensation if there is another cloud hanging over his head.

At this point since the cat is out of the bag i hope Revis passes his physical!

So Tampa would turn him down because he failed a physical but another team wouldn't ask for one?

I don't want to argue with you anymore since it's not going to happen, but that doesn't make sense.

First off, no one else is interested.  Second, anyone else who might suddenly decide they're interested would also insist on a physical, which Revis would fail.

And I doubt he's going to fail it anyway.

Did you sneak edit the post ? I only saw  only statement in your post initially.

I doubt he is going to fail too. But in a business deal you have to cover all your bases which the JETS did not do!

Second, anyone else who might suddenly decide they're interested would also insist on a physical, which Revis would fail.

You brought up a great point to address that:

Well

I don't know that failing a physical today necessarily means he cannot play like Revis of the past. It means he can't play like Revis of the past in the middle of this spring.  But he might pass that same physical

if it was given to him 3-4 months later.  It was a pretty bad injury and his healing timetable doesn't necessarily line up with the draft.

Archived