Jets Mt. Rushmore?

JOJOTOWNSELL

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/19/jets-mt-rushmore-may-not-have-many-recent-faces/

The process for nominating players, coaches, etc. to each team’s Mt. Rushmore has made its way back to Broadway, with the Jets officially on the clock.

For Fireman Ed and company, the challenge is to show us your nominees for the four greatest contributors in franchise history.

The problem is that there likely won’t be many players or others from recent years.  Those back-to-back AFC title game appearances are looking more and more like aberrations, and the best player from those teams (Darrelle Revis) only played five years and a slice of a sixth.

But nominate whoever/whomever/whatever you want.  From Joe Namath to Tim Tebow, everyone is eligible at this stage of the process.  Eventually, we’ll trim the field to a dozen or so finalists for official voting.

At least, as official as online poll voting ever gets.

seems the consensus is Namath and Curtis......who would you put on? ps comments are great

Namath

Klecko

Maynard

Wesley Walker

CuMar would be on down the list for me.  He was a very good player, but not a great or dominant one.  He wasn't a threat to score on any play and took an inordinate percentage of the team's offensive snaps to get his stats.

Namath

Klecko

Maynard

Wesley Walker

CuMar would be on down the list for me.  He was a very good player, but not a great or dominant one.  He wasn't a threat to score on any play and took an inordinate percentage of the team's offensive snaps to get his stats.

It's so nice having Savage back.

Not even the best center in team history

you going mangold over mawae already?  i would agree if he has a solid 4 more years.  I was just going along with the HOF argument, Mawae has to be getting in there soon, and no one ever talks about him as a Jet great! 

A sh**** franchise shouldn't get a Mount Rushmore.  Therefore I propose we flood the votes with such names as Brooks Bollinger, Curtis Conway, Dewayne Robertson, and Brett Favre's penis.

LOL Sad, but true.

Martin = HOF

Klecko = HOVG

CuMar couldn't even carry Klecko's jock.  Klecko made the Pro Bowl when it meant something at ever position on the DL.  He was one of the dominant DL of his generation. CuMar wasn't even close to being dominant one or of the top 3-5 RBs.

Martin = HOF

Klecko = HOVG

What do I care what a bunch of "media representatives" think, and why should our opinions not be our own but instead belong to the likes of Gary Myers and Bob Glauber?

Self-important sportswriters aside, since that's who votes on the HOF, how many all-time great defenders have said Curtis Martin was the single best RB he ever played against?

lol

Remind me of the time Gary Myers was respected around here.

That's because you're all classless and don't appreciate the finer things in life. Gary Myers is is like a magical wine and cheese combo. You animals would rather drink boxed wine with a side of poly-o string cheese.

Archived