Jets Sign Obomanu, Place Garrard on Reserve/Retired List

CrazyCarl40

Certainly nothing special but it at least brings more veteran experience into the fold at the position.  Has a couple of decent enough backup level seasons to his career, has some decent size and plays on special teams.  Nothing to get excited about, but still better than some of the other dipsh*ts we were trotting onto the field by the end of last season.

he's better than some of the other long shots. Fwiw, Ryan Spadola could be a better sleeper than Zach Rogers. 

I actually think I like all those guys more than Jordan White.  I don't know why, but I just never warmed up to White much and it seems some of the board is in love with him.  He just seems like a slow slot receiver and after being a 6th year senior he should have been pretty polished coming out. 

I actually think I like all those guys more than Jordan White.  I don't know why, but I just never warmed up to White much and it seems some of the board is in love with him.  He just seems like a slow slot receiver and after being a 6th year senior he should have been pretty polished coming out. 

Make a list of these people

Even Bit can't muster up enough enthusiasm to pretend and care about this

I care about this.  I hate the signing.

If the Jets want to take a chance on a vet, that vet should be Braylon.

Braylon's peak years were a lot higher than this guy's peak years, and Braylon performed decently when the Jets brought him at the end of last year-a year which was chaotic for the passing game.

What the hell is this guy doing here?  Sign Braylon already.

Braylon's peak years were a lot higher than this guy's peak years, and Braylon performed decently when the Jets brought him at the end of last year-a year which was chaotic for the passing game.

Apparently the Jets cant be with that sweet stuff

A guy who has cashed as many NFL paychecks as Obomanu has can't be a bad thing for us.  Unfortunately, Braylon layed an egg last year with the team that Idzik came from.  He may have a bad taste in his mouth towards this guy, plus Braylon has been vocal in his support of Sanchez who may not be here or may not be in any sort of a leadership position this year.

Make a list of these people

I don't remember names.  I know there were people, including Max (not a ringing endorsement I know) claiming he'd be the starting slot receiver out of camp.  People giving him a roster spot and whining when he got cut.  Now there are people thinking he should be ahead of guys like Gates on the depth chart when he obviously isn't.  Gates was a 4th round pick of the 'phins picked up off waivers.  He's never been a practice squad or street FA.  Jordan White was on the practice squad and flat out on the street for much of last year.  Love is a strong word, but I am prone to exaggerate.  

I don't remember names.  I know there were people, including Max (not a ringing endorsement I know) claiming he'd be the starting slot receiver out of camp.  People giving him a roster spot and whining when he got cut.  Now there are people thinking he should be ahead of guys like Gates on the depth chart when he obviously isn't.  Gates was a 4th round pick of the 'phins picked up off waivers.  He's never been a practice squad or street FA.  Jordan White was on the practice squad and flat out on the street for much of last year.  Love is a strong word, but I am prone to exaggerate.  

Football outsiders had some positive projection for him that people were all over.

I know Braylon is a favorite around these parts, but it's pretty clear his time here is done unless the Jets find themselves completely desperate later on in the offseason.  For starters, the Jets are avoiding any and all of their own UFAs in hopes someone else picks them up and adds to the Jets' pile of incoming comp picks.  Secondly, things did not go well with Braylon during his short stint in Seattle, so I can't imagine Idzik is a particularly big fan of his.

All I was asking for is a copy of his long form birth certificate, Jesus Christ you people are sensitive. I thought this was America

It WAS America before all you dirty hippies started taking all the employed peoples moneys and gave it all to the welfare peoples.

It WAS America before all you dirty hippies started taking all the employed peoples moneys and gave it all to the wefare peoples.

Just get rich and stop complaining. We have our very own American success story to look up to every day. Mr. Truth, Justice and the American way himself...... Robert Woody Johnson

Archived