Sanchez Sharp except for......are you kidding with this????

GangGreen25

The thing that annoyed me on the end zone interception is that they threw the darned ball every single time when they had been running the ball extremely well.  They didn't even run it one time.  Mornhinweg gets some deserved criticism for that series.

they were trying things out. that's what preseason is for. 

"""" "That won't happen again," Sanchez said only a few minutes after Ryan had publicly accepted blame for the play. "That shouldn't happen. I got to get rid of that ball sooner and not scramble. I know better than that. It won't happen.""""

He sounds like he's still in 3rd grade!!!!!!!

WHY is this guy so babied and allowed to get away with being such a slouch????????

He sounds like a friggin Spice Girl!!!!!

Rex protects this guy and makes excuses CONSTANTLY for him!!!!

We're DOOMED, once again!!!!

http://www.wzzm13.com/usatoday/sports/2668301/Sanchez-leaves-Jets-QB-question-unanswered?usatref=sportsmod

they were trying things out. that's what preseason is for. 

True, but at that point the outcome of the game was very much in doubt.  They need to try out winning for a change.  As it turned out, it was a nonissue, or at least seems to be.  I'm not freaking out, but it was annoying.  We've seen that before from Jets' OCs.  Hopefully, Mornhinweg will turn out to be much different than his predecessors.  It's something I'm gonna file away, however, and watch once the season begins.

what was really bad was he had on average something like 4+ seconds to throw, felt phantom pressure, and choked.

he can't extend plays, has no feel for the pocket, and just panics

even without actual pressure !!!

what a shame smith was hurt, with that kind of time we would have gotten to see if he has anything to offer

Thank you for saying this, as it confirms I'm not going insane. I've heard from people that Sanchez looked sharp in last night's preseason game. Sorry, but he didn't. On the passes he completed, I saw him stand in the pocket for at least 4 seconds with a dumbfounded look on his face, as if he were Paris Hilton hearing a lecture on the theory of relativity. HIs horrible in the end zone was preceded by a play in which he sat in the pocket for four seconds and then throw the ball in the turf, even though Clyde Gates was wide open in the end zone. I saw Sanchez get sacked a few times after holding the ball for five seconds in the pocket. He also should have had more int's last night given that he threw in to double coverage a few times.

On a brighter note, however, I thought the offensive line looked good, and I thought Braylon Edwards looked very good in last night's game. I think if Holmes comes back healthy, and Geno Smith makes some sort of progress, then the Jets can at least be somewhat respectable this year.

it's a shame. Whatever happened to that nice Geno fella? name like Geno... isn't he italian?

As telling as it is that Geno cant win the starting job convincingly is as screaming of an indictment that neither can Sanchez.

All the urgency, all the pressure, all the time...he is still predictable trash.

And at least I have faith that Geno has upside...Mark Sanchez is incapable of getting better.

And YES, with a name like Geno he must be Italian...I'd like a nice Italian boy to wed my daughter.

I'm holding out hope that Geno plays, and plays well, against the Giants.  

Three different OCs, and nothing changes with Sanchez. Even when he offers a glimmer of hope (first quarter on Saturday), there's always a period of ineffectiveness, along with a stupid mistake or three.  Enough is enough.

Play the kid.  Let him take his lumps and hopefully develop into a good player.

The thing that annoyed me on the end zone interception is that they threw the darned ball every single time when they had been running the ball extremely well. They didn't even run it one time. Mornhinweg gets some deserved criticism for that series.

boosting consuela stats... or attempting too ;)

I'm holding out hope that Geno plays, and plays well, against the Giants.  

Three different OCs, and nothing changes with Sanchez. Even when he offers a glimmer of hope (first quarter on Saturday), there's always a period of ineffectiveness, along with a stupid mistake or three.  Enough is enough.

Play the kid.  Let him take his lumps and hopefully develop into a good player.

The time period to say, "Enough was enough" has already come and gone.  This is just insanity thanks to Tannenbaum and the people who bought #6 jerseys.

what was really bad was he had on average something like 4+ seconds to throw, felt phantom pressure, and choked.

he can't extend plays, has no feel for the pocket, and just panics

even without actual pressure !!!

what a shame smith was hurt, with that kind of time we would have gotten to see if he has anything to offer

Yep. Sanchez got shell shocked in his 3rd season, he lost whatever confidence he had in the pocket that year, and it just got worse last year.

He reminds me of David Carr, but Carr got PUNISHED in Houston and the shell-shock was justifiable. Sanchez is just a pussy.

It was a typical sanchez game- making bonehead throws and decisions with a sprinking of a good throw.

Give me 40 attempts and I will guarantee you one of those throws will make you think I've got "it".

Sanchez as the QB is like a round of golf.

You'll go out and shoot a 100.

98 of your shots range between garbage and lucky, and then there's those 1-2 sweet swings - the only ones you remember all week - they makes you willing to get back out there the next time for another round, thinking to yourself I can reproduce that sweet swing.

Then you shoot a 105.

Yes. Sorry to say....Joe Namath. After SB his stats were horrible on losing team after losing team. Jets passed over HOF QB's in the draft because they had Namath. The Jets went to Dallas in 1971 with John Riggins, Richard Caster, Don Maynard, Emerson Boozer and were crushed 52-10. Namath is glorified for ONE game and is now is Mr. Opinionated on Jets matters.

I'm sorry...comments like this are often made by people who never saw Joe Willie play.  Granted, his overall stats are questionable at best.  Yes, folks often cite the one SB win.  Even setting aside the fact that if the Jets do not win that game there may not be an NFL as we know it today you should look at Namath in the context of a Sandy Koufax.  For that 5 year period before he had sustained significant injuries he was a gun slinger like no one had ever seen before. 

In an age of 16 games and QBs throwing for 5,000 yards it is difficult for younger fans to relate to shorter schedules and the first guy to throw for 4,000 yards.  I understand that.

Yep. Sanchez got shell shocked in his 3rd season, he lost whatever confidence he had in the pocket that year, and it just got worse last year.

He reminds me of David Carr, but Carr got PUNISHED in Houston and the shell-shock was justifiable. Sanchez is just a pussy.

Yup. He's been completely done since that Baltimore game. A shame, but time to move on.

Archived