Jets vs. Pats- state your predictions

faba

Pats 27

Jets 16

With the Jets down 4, and a little over 4 minutes to go in the game the defense can't get that critical 3rd down stop that has plagued them the last 4 years, Brady pumps it in for a TD with under a minute to go, and the Jets leave Foxboro wondering "what If" Geno got the ball back, and a chance to drive for a needed TD to win the football game. 

The heavy rain in the forecast makes this game even more interesting. The Pats having no weapons is being overplayed. Ridley and Blount in the backfield create a nice tandem. Leon Washington will provide a decent screen game and Edelman will work the middle. The Pats will ofcourse take well calculated shots down the field with their young guys. I'm still skeptical of the Jets running backs and the Jets ability to run against good fronts like the Pats have. I just dont think that has come together for them yet. I do think that the short passing game will work in wet conditions and it may actually help Geno since most likely the Jets would be passing short anyways. Winslow in particular should be active in the rain. All in all It is a very unpredictable game. In a short week I think that it brings the games final score close. I'm still going to go with the Jets to win because I feel like they should be pretty motivated to do so and focus is so important in a short week:

Jets 17

Pats 13

24-20 Jets win

Brady exits the game injured near the end of the 3rd quarter trailing 24-7 after getting sandwich sacked by Wilkerson and Harrison.

Mallett comes in and is throwing on almost every down because they have been held to 36 yds rushing.

Mallett goes 16 for 20  for 220 yds leading them to a TD and 2 field goals but runs out of time.

Archived