Milliner will finish season as top rookie CB in league

stugotz81

The problem with this D is that I think it relies heavily on the corners.  A solid corner elsewhere could look like toast here. I still think Milliner will be fine, though I am a disappointed so far. 

I'm disappointed as well, but I'm not ready to throw the towel in on the kid just yet. Assuming he stays healthy, I'm pretty confident that he will be playing solid ball by the end of the season.

Where did I say anything about confidence?

The goal is to have a talented player that knows the system inside and out, which enables informed instinct to take over. If he hasn't learned the system yet, it will indeed inhibit his instincts.

Long story short, you are being impatient and superficial in your understanding of what it takes for players to come in and perform at a high level as a rookie.

The outlook of: ZOMG he wuz picked 9th he should dominant!!! is that of a teenager or housewife. Get a grip on yourself.

WTF u talking about.....Did I say you said anything about his confidence? Or I was I simply asking you the question based on me saying he doesn't have any instincts?

Get your grip off Milliners balls and stop being so patient with him......he was the 9th pick overall....show me something already

WTF u talking about.....Did I say you said anything about his confidence? Or I was I simply asking you the question based on me saying he doesn't have any instincts?

Get your grip off Milliners balls and stop being so patient with him......he was the 9th pick overall....show me something already

So, you are stupid. Got it.

So, you are stupid. Got it.

Ok got it....so not being stupid must be sitting around for a couple years coddling a top 10 draft pick and making excuses for him along the way...

according to you.... I'm sure Kyle Wilson is about to be a beast any year now

Ok got it....so not being stupid must be sitting around for a couple years coddling a top 10 draft pick and making excuses for him along the way...

Oh, where to begin.  I didn't know it was possible to fit in so many things that didn't make sense into such a short post.

1.  5 games / 6 months is not "a couple years".

2.  A player being benched does not qualify as "coddling".

3.  Nor does giving a player more than half a season before declaring him a definitive bust.

4.  Kyle Wilson was not a 10 top pick.

5.  Nobody said either of them are "about to be a beast".

Oh, where to begin.  I didn't know it was possible to fit in so many things that didn't make sense into such a short post.

1.  5 games / 6 months is not "a couple years".

2.  A player being benched does not qualify as "coddling".

3.  Nor does giving a player more than half a season before declaring him a definitive bust.

4.  Kyle Wilson was not a 10 top pick.

5.  Nobody said either of them are "about to be a beast".

1. Close enough

2. Never even spoke about benching once.  Spoke about Integrity coddling Milliner, not the Jets or Rex or you.

3. Who cares

4. Kyle Wilson should have been a late 5th round pick with his performance since being a rookie.

5. Correct, I am insinuating Integrity feels that way even though he clearly did not say that. Thank you so much for pointing that out though

No, stupid is the tantrum you posted in response to me, putting words in my mouth, as opposed to actually having a leg to stand on while you shake your fists in anger.

I never mentioned Kyle Wilson. WTF you even talking about? Milliner has played 8 games, Wilson a couple years. Not even close to the same circumstances. Don't project the stupid conclusions you reach onto me.

Beyond that... By your logic, we'd cut both Millner and Wilson now. In week 8 of a .500 season, and replace them with presumably all the superstars that aren't on teams right now because they are waiting for that week 9 phone call from Idzik where he says, "hey, you wanna join our squad, we've got a puncher's chance at the last wildcard spot if 7 other teams all bottom out? whaddaya think?????"

1. Close enough

2. Never even spoke about benching once.  Spoke about Integrity coddling Milliner, not the Jets or Rex or you.

3. Who cares

4. Kyle Wilson should have been a late 5th round pick with his performance since being a rookie.

5. Correct, I am insinuating Integrity feels that way even though he clearly did not say that. Thank you so much for pointing that out though

You said a lot of things, but the only thing anyone reading is taking away from it all is that you are a moron.

No, stupid is the tantrum you posted in response to me, putting words in my mouth, as opposed to actually having a leg to stand on while you shake your fists in anger.

I never mentioned Kyle Wilson. WTF you even talking about? Milliner has played 8 games, Wilson a couple years. Not even close to the same circumstances. Don't project the stupid conclusions you reach onto me.

Beyond that... By your logic, we'd cut both Millner and Wilson now. In week 8 of a .500 season, and replace them with presumably all the superstars that aren't on teams right now because they are waiting for that week 9 phone call from Idzik where he says, "hey, you wanna join our squad, we've got a puncher's chance at the last wildcard spot if 7 other teams all bottom out? whaddaya think?????"

I think you on to something lol

You clearly join the ranks of one of the top douche bags on this site.  

Join?

:(

I thought you didn't give a ****? You sound mad, are you mad?

I think I understand why you might be mad. It started when you created this thread throwing a "everyone is suck" tantrum about Milliner. When I offered a counter-point (which means a position that doesn't necessarily agree with yours) that you couldn't then offer a rebuttal for, you decided to put words in my mouth, without breaking stride in your tantrum to your credit, and then I succinctly pointed out that I WIN ALL OVER YOUR FACE.

Now... U MAD

OK ignore people and stop calling people names =the management

Yeah, sorry - I thought he was trolling initially, which warrants such ball-busting. Apparently, he's serious.

LOL moving along... where's Crusher? I'm feeling frisky.... 

Join?

:(

I thought you didn't give a ****? You sound mad, are you mad?

I think I understand why you might be mad. It started when you created this thread throwing a "everyone is suck" tantrum about Milliner. When I offered a counter-point (which means a position that doesn't necessarily agree with yours) that you couldn't then offer a rebuttal for, you decided to put words in my mouth, without breaking stride in your tantrum to your credit, and then I succinctly pointed out that I WIN ALL OVER YOUR FACE.

Now... U MAD

original.gif?1371221568

Well, Rex thinks so.  Not sure why either.....http://sports.yahoo.com/news/rex-struggling-milliner-top-rookie-224337513--nfl.html

I can see him developing into a safety over the next couple years before I can see him developing into a top CB....he doesn't seem to carry the instincts that a top CB needs to have...At the same time, if you watch some of his college tape he actually plays pretty aggressive so I am not sure why he doesn't have the same on field approach now. Maybe its just a lack of confidence.  For a top 10 pick, you need to come into the league strong and play like a top 10 pick from the beginning in my opinion....if not, you were drafted way to high. 

Guy came out of 'Bama and the SEC, which is almost a pro league unto itself, so it's hard to understand why coverage concepts seem as foreign to him as Kyle Wilson turning his head to find the ball in flight. Maybe safety is where he is headed - there is however little hope that Wilson will 'get' coverage concepts before he is finally waived.

+1

I'd like to see the Jets develop a drill just for Wilson.  They could have a receiver run a 5-15 yard route with Wilson covering him and then instead of Geno trying to complete the pass, he could drill the ball into the back of Wilson's head on every single one of them.  Wilson would soon learn to turn his head around.

Only problem with that is Wilson would think his 'head blocking' technique was greatly effective - or he would be out a week with a mild concussion. Truth is, if a player can't be taught proper technique by year two or three, he is never going to get it. Wilson was a first round pick in 2010 so this is his fourth (hopefully last) season with the Jets.

Only problem with that is Wilson would think his 'head blocking' technique was greatly effective - or he would be out a week with a mild concussion. Truth is, if a player can't be taught proper technique by year two or three, he is never going to get it. Wilson was a first round pick in 2010 so this is his fourth (hopefully last) season with the Jets.

I basically agree on all accounts.  I think it's worth it to try that drill, but even that probably wouldn't help.  He either needs to be converted to FS if they think he has any potential there, or just let go.

Guy came out of 'Bama and the SEC, which is almost a pro league unto itself, so it's hard to understand why coverage concepts seem as foreign to him as Kyle Wilson turning his head to find the ball in flight. Maybe safety is where he is headed - there is however little hope that Wilson will 'get' coverage concepts before he is finally waived.

Bama isn't really known for there CBs. More of there DL and LBs seem to be better than there CBs. LSU seems to produce a better CBs

Archived