Everything I am hearing is 2 Horse race: Whisenhunt or Bevel

SouthernJet

I don't think Whisenhunt is in serious consideration. It's just a name that fans are throwing around.

You know me Tom, I aint BSing, I was told this by a Beat writer who specifically said Rod Graves was lobbying idzik for Whiz. Doesnt mean its true or Whiz under serious consideration, but wanted to tell you Genesis of comment. For all we know Idzik nodded his head and said "OK, Rod, good idea" and then thought to himself "Are u f'in nuts Rod?"

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't really buy that man. From what I've heard from Idzik I truly believe he knows this team is devoid of talent at the skill positions. I also think he'll be addressing that soon enough.

The last 3 weeks have been a disgrace but Rex built up a lot of good will the first 8 games. Provided we don't continue to implode I think Rex gets that extension he deserves. Give him an average offense and see what happens.

2-2 or better Rex Ryan is your HC next year.

1-3 or worse and he just might take the fall.

You're a JiF-level LARPing dope.

You know me Tom, I aint BSing, I was told this by a Beat writer who specifically said Rod Graves was lobbying idzik for Whiz. Doesnt mean its true or Whiz under serious consideration, but wanted to tell you Genesis of comment. For all we know Idzik nodded his head and said "OK, Rod, good idea" and then thought to himself "Are u f'in nuts Rod?"

LOL. I could see that being the case.

OK I see alot of we do not want this guy- so who do you want?

no one with any sort of reputation is going to come here. this team is a ******* mess. only thing it has going for it is a good d-line, alot of cap space, and what will likely be a preferrable draft position. our offense is so bad that its gonna take a couple of years to get any significant talewnt in there. and our qb's are the worst in the league

probably going to have to take a shot on an upcoming coordinator. doubtful gruden comes out of retirement to foster this mess

agree. woodys insane demand (that ran off 3 good GM candidates) that our new GM had to keep Rex to be hired ends on 12/29/2013 :)

That was a bad plan.

One they can recover from, but it gave some of these fans that backed Rex a false sense of security.

A couple of wins that this team did not deserve can't change the tide now.

I don't really buy that man.  From what I've heard from Idzik I truly believe he knows this team is devoid of talent at the skill positions.  I also think he'll be addressing that soon enough.

The last 3 weeks have been a disgrace but Rex built up a lot of good will the first 8 games.  Provided we don't continue to implode I think Rex gets that extension he deserves.  Give him an average offense and see what happens.

Wow. built up a lot of good will in the first 8 games? You dont think Idzik recognized the fact that the TB , and NE wins were gift wrapped, and in reality this team should be 3-9. I give IDZIK much more credit than obviously you do, at recognizing a Head coach with  flaws and bad habits that have not changed over a 5 year period.

Bad offense is one thing but Epically bad QB play over a 5 year period, imploding at the end of the past 3 years, and losing players, and having them quit without the least bit of consequence, is a recipe for disaster, which is what we have. Lets hope that IDZIK as opposed to you have the same view, and I am particularly confident that he does.

Wow. built up a lot of good will in the first 8 games? You dont think Idzik recognized the fact that the TB , and NE wins were gift wrapped, and in reality this team should be 3-9. I give IDZIK much more credit than obviously you do, at recognizing a Head coach with  flaws and bad habits that have not changed over a 5 year period.

Bad offense is one thing but Epically bad QB play over a 5 year period, imploding at the end of the past 3 years, and losing players, and having them quit without the least bit of consequence, is a recipe for disaster, which is what we have. Lets hope that IDZIK as opposed to you have the same view, and I am particularly confident that he does.

I think Idzik recognized this was a 3 win team talent-wise and wanted to see what Rex would do with it.

Don't you think there's a reason Woody asked us all to be "patient" before the year even started?  That's Idzy telling him prepare to suck until 2014.

I'm flabbergasted many of you think we'd be better than 5-7 with a different coach.  It really boggles my mind.  Salas and Nelson were major weapons in yesterdays arsenal...  MAJOR.

Aint happening

Bill O'brien is another one I could take if they make the mistake of firing Rex.

what he did last year with that team was remarkable..  plus they just beat Wisconsin Sat, right?  Can he get out of the contract yet?

I think Idzik recognized this was a 3 win team talent-wise and wanted to see what Rex would do with it.

Don't you think there's a reason Woody asked us all to be "patient" before the year even started?  That's Idzy telling him prepare to suck until 2014.

I'm flabbergasted many of you think we'd be better than 5-7 with a different coach.  It really boggles my mind.  Salas and Nelson were major weapons in yesterdays arsenal...  MAJOR.

Weren't you the guy last week trying to tell us the jets were positioned to make the playoffs?

It is admirable that you stick by Rex, really is. But Woody is a businessman first and foremost, and he needs to sell tickets. To have to pawn off Rex Ryan to the ticket paying masses is not good business. 

He knows naming another coach at least buys him a little more time

Jets will need to interview Bevell during the wildcard week, I would guess.

ya, fate is sealed already. rex will be fired on that day everyone get scanned. I think Tuesday after last Monday night game? Or Monday if no last week Mon night game. I forget, LOL

I dont think Lombardi could have helped this team, but rex will be gone for other 'stuff' as well, not just 2013  record.

I like Rex Def skills, but maybe its time for a Offensive guy as HC of the NY Jets

Weren't you the guy last week trying to tell us the jets were positioned to make the playoffs?

It is admirable that you stick by Rex, really is. But Woody is a businessman first and foremost, and he needs to sell tickets. To have to pawn off Rex Ryan to the ticket paying masses is not good business. 

He knows naming another coach at least buys him a little more time

timing bad for rex also,,he isnt in middle or end of contract..its time for a new one, so keeping him means saying to fans, after body of work for last 5 years we are giving him another 5 year deal..I just dont see it

Predict the stuff that surfaces that went in behind the scenes while Rex was here. I'm sure there are some doozies.

Gotta admit- the Scotty McKnight story is straight out of the Dolan playbook and is horrifying. CTM's theory about Sanchez and Rex's wife dont seem too far off anymore(seriously)

Rex was probably sold a bill of goods from Idzik that he ha a shot to stay an slowly realized throughout the season it was BS. Actually he probaby knew during the preseason when the team looked awful. The Sanchez presser in particular.

possibility but I think Idzik will stick with someone he has history with.. Unless a candidate emerges we thought would never consider us..

Hopefully the Jets are laying ground work now, so they can conduct all interviews during wildcard week, and have a deal quickly in place.

No reason to let any other team get a jump on them for candidates this year

I don't really buy that man.  From what I've heard from Idzik I truly believe he knows this team is devoid of talent at the skill positions.  I also think he'll be addressing that soon enough.

The last 3 weeks have been a disgrace but Rex built up a lot of good will the first 8 games.  Provided we don't continue to implode I think Rex gets that extension he deserves.  Give him an average offense and see what happens.

The fact that you think Rex Ryan even has a percentage chance of coaching in NY next year is laughable. 

Hopefully the Jets are laying ground work now, so they can conduct all interviews during wildcard week, and have a deal quickly in place.

No reason to let any other team get a jump on them for candidates this year

I think Bevel is #1 guy. What we dont know is his friendship w/idzik enough to make his select Jets. He will have other suitors.

Archived