Everything I am hearing is 2 Horse race: Whisenhunt or Bevel

SouthernJet

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The fact that you think Rex Ryan even has a percentage chance of coaching in NY next year is laughable. 

If they made the playoffs, or the team looked like it was headed in the right direction, I could see where it would have been tough for Idzik to fire him.

Now that we're all but eliminated from the playoffs, and the offense looks no different than it did last year, I think Rex is finished.

You know me Tom, I aint BSing, I was told this by a Beat writer who specifically said Rod Graves was lobbying idzik for Whiz. Doesnt mean its true or Whiz under serious consideration, but wanted to tell you Genesis of comment. For all we know Idzik nodded his head and said "OK, Rod, good idea" and then thought to himself "Are u f'in nuts Rod?"

Hiring Graves is one of the things I don't like about Idzik, but why hire the guy if you're not going to listen to him? This is someone he deemed worthy to be a part of his inner circle.

If they made the playoffs, or the team looked like it was headed in the right direction, I could see where it would have been tough for Idzik to fire him.

Now that we're all but eliminated from the playoffs, and the offense looks no different than it did last year, I think Rex is finished.

Only someone as stupid and ugly as Pac would think otherwise. 

Hiring Graves is one of the things I don't like about Idzik, but why hire the guy if you're not going to listen to him? This is someone he deemed worthy to be a part of his inner circle.

agree slats, which is why I originally posted the tidbit. 

IF Graves pushing Whiz I think we have to think he will at minimum be on candidate interview list.

I wa sOK w/Graves as he has been a GM longtime and I viewed him as a sounding board for idzik and came here as a favor. I assumed Graves would retire in a year or two after Idzik settled.

I could be wrong, but again, I wonder if Idzik would hire any Gruden after it was Jon who fired Idzik in Tampa Bay after Jon became HC.

Idzik may see beyond that though if Jay perfect fit :)

How does a HC fire front office employees? 

I've honestly never heard of this before.

In fairness, Graves put together the Cardinal team that went to the Super Bowl.  You can criticize some moves he made, but he did turn that franchise into a winner.

Either one would be fine with me. I would love to see Greg Williams paired with one of them too.

Love the idea of hiring Gregg Williams but would hope that they keep Dunbar on as DL coach.  Everyone else needs to go.  Williams is going to be very much in demand for DC positions around the league, so they had better not putz around.

Weren't you the guy last week trying to tell us the jets were positioned to make the playoffs?

It is admirable that you stick by Rex, really is. But Woody is a businessman first and foremost, and he needs to sell tickets. To have to pawn off Rex Ryan to the ticket paying masses is not good business. 

He knows naming another coach at least buys him a little more time

I think Idzik recognized this was a 3 win team talent-wise and wanted to see what Rex would do with it.

Don't you think there's a reason Woody asked us all to be "patient" before the year even started?  That's Idzy telling him prepare to suck until 2014.

I'm flabbergasted many of you think we'd be better than 5-7 with a different coach.  It really boggles my mind.  Salas and Nelson were major weapons in yesterdays arsenal...  MAJOR.

Flabbergasted? You dont think that another coach with a little offensive ingenuity couldnt get more than 3 points/game out of this offense, because if that is true, then we must have the ALL-TIME worst personnel ever assembled on that side of the ball. Think about it, if we get down by 6 points, the game is basically over, and if we get down by 2 scores, it is a total demolition based on REX's current offense.

Sorry, but I give a little more credit to other coaches out their as I believe that most could get this offense to score at least double figures, which is complete fantasyland to this coaching staff and offense right now.

If the defense gets no turnovers against Oakland, they wont get 10 points, and thats with their D-coordiantor this week giving the entire defense the week off because he knows that to hold the Jets under ten points, you simply have to provide 11 healthy bodies on defense, Thats downright pathetic.

Flabbergasted? You dont think that another coach with a little offensive ingenuity couldnt get more than 3 points/game out of this offense, because if that is true, then we must have the ALL-TIME worst personnel ever assembled on that side of the ball. Think about it, if we get down by 6 points, the game is basically over, and if we get down by 2 scores, it is a total demolition based on REX's current offense.

Sorry, but I give a little more credit to other coaches out their as I believe that most could get this offense to score at least double figures, which is complete fantasyland to this coaching staff and offense right now.

If the defense gets no turnovers against Oakland, they wont get 10 points, and thats with their D-coordiantor this week giving the entire defense the week off because he knows that to hold the Jets under ten points, you simply have to provide 11 healthy bodies on defense, Thats downright pathetic.

First off Rex doesn't design the offense, MM does,

Secondly you can put a bonnet on a pig but it's still a pig.

We could hold a séance and have Bill Walsh try and teach a team of Dbatesman (QB), Crusher (WR), JiF (WR), CTM (WR), Integrity (TE), and TomShane (RB) the nuances of the WCO.  

What do you think would happen if we put them out on the field.  They'd look like pack of bumbling idiots.   

You know why?  Cause they're unathletic, fat, and suck at football.

You starting to understand here?

First off Rex doesn't design the offense, MM does,

Secondly you can put a bonnet on a pig but it's still a pig.

We could hold a séance and have Bill Walsh try and teach a team of Dbatesman (QB), Crusher (WR), JiF (WR), CTM (WR), Integrity (TE), and TomShane (RB) the nuances of the WCO.  

What do you think would happen if we put them out on the field.  They'd look like pack of bumbling idiots.   

You know why?  Cause they're unathletic, fat, and suck at football.

You starting to understand here?

You'd really pick me for QB?

tumblr_lidqv7MieK1qa40eu.gif

Bevell who? LMAO

Child please.... We don't need more inexperienced clowns running the show...

For real, this erection many posters are having for Beaver needs to stop. The guy wouldn't be doing sh*t here and has basically been riding the coat tails of great qbs. If we want a new coach so bad then David Shaw is the guy we should get, but he isn't coming out for a while, so we might as well stick with Rex.

For real, this erection many posters are having for Beaver needs to stop. The guy wouldn't be doing sh*t here and has basically been riding the coat tails of great qbs. If we want a new coach so bad then David Shaw is the guy we should get, but he isn't coming out for a while, so we might as well stick with Rex.

Give Rex Zach Mettenberger and watch the magic happen.

Give Rex John Football and watch the magic happen.

Archived