I just want free agency to start

itsJETStime

So I can see what Idizk decides to do with all our cap space ... With that said what moves to do think must happen for us to get to the postseason and make some noise .... We definitely need WRs and DBs .... Beyond that I would like it if we pick up Mike Vick if MM endorses it and have him compete and win the spot ... When he gets hurt Geno could fill in and would have had a chance to learn some more and possibly regain possession of the starting position (kind of like what Nick Foles did) but Vick must come relatively cheap

So I can see what Idizk decides to do with all our cap space ... With that said what moves to do think must happen for us to get to the postseason and make some noise .... We definitely need WRs and DBs .... Beyond that I would like it if we pick up Mike Vick if MM endorses it and have him compete and win the spot ... When he gets hurt Geno could fill in and would have had a chance to learn some more and possibly regain possession of the starting position (kind of like what Nick Foles did) but Vick must come relatively cheap

I would imagine, with the holes in this team and the cap dollars available, the jets will be major players in free agency. god forbid if a few of the top free agents actually hit the market(graham,orakpo,verner,ward) the helicopter will be deployed. I can see no less than 4 or 5 new guys brought in thru free agency. thru free agency & the draft, this team can fill alot of their holes

I would imagine, with the holes in this team and the cap dollars available, the jets will be major players in free agency. god forbid if a few of the top free agents actually hit the market(graham,orakpo,verner,ward) the helicopter will be deployed. I can see no less than 4 or 5 new guys brought in thru free agency. thru free agency & the draft, this team can fill alot of their holes

They can fill a lot more holes if they avoid the big ticket items. Be interesting to see what Idzik does with money, and I'm hoping he's smarter with it than Tannenbaum was. My guess is that he was hired because he'll employ a different approach.

All indications are that Idzik will make calculated decisions and not be free wheeling- from his background and years in front office hopefully he has learned the way to build the team and depth is the good drafting

They can fill a lot more holes if they avoid the big ticket items. Be interesting to see what Idzik does with money, and I'm hoping he's smarter with it than Tannenbaum was. My guess is that he was hired because he'll employ a different approach.

I agree.  Fill most needs via FA's playing lower $-value positions and go for the majority of big ticket positions through the draft and control those players for several years. I have a feeling Idzik isn't going to blow the bankroll on just two or three multi-kazillion dollar guys.

Vick would fill a brad smith type role spelling Geno,   Judge Geno on his last four games and Vick the same

way and go with those stats, they speak for themselves, Geno wins by a thousand miles, FACT. PEROID.

Name one flaw in Geno's game the  last four games, by the way his stats blow away the entire league.

I agree.  Fill most needs via FA's playing lower $-value positions and go for the majority of big ticket positions through the draft and control those players for several years. I have a feeling Idzik isn't going to blow the bankroll on just two or three multi-kazillion dollar guys.

Less exciting offseason… more productive REAL season?   Whoever heard of such  nonsense? 

tanny was a gambler that wasn't afraid to pull off anything that he wanted, that's for sure. idzik will have a different approach. most people believe that he will take a conservative approach maybe because he seems to be reserved. but I don't think he will be conservative at all. his first year on the job, he spent what was available, traded draft picks and traded the best player on the team. he is going to have some money this year so I can see him going after a big ticket free agent if the right one becomes available.maybe 2. but he will also pick up some mid range and lower end free agents as well. I think a well rounded mixture will be his approach, if I had to guess

You do realize Seattle has a ton of lower value Draft picks who became great and a lot of High Priced Free agents or trades on that team. (Rice, Lynch, Harvin, etc) And don't discount that they paid big bucks to guys like Matt Flynn.        The Seahawks aren't a team who is built with all these top hyped up 1st and 2nd round picks.

Same here, but if any of the big names sees his market drop Idzik will be all over it. Hakeem Nicks seems like a guy who, if he can pass their physical, would fall into that category. He's probably the most talented of the FA WRs when he's at his best, but obviously has been a sh*t show lately. 

Definitely unprofessional and immature, but no one knows how bad it was in that room for him. Pouncey and Incognito riding you would cause a lot of dudes to go all Lawrence from Full Metal Jacket.

Just reading the texts both Incognito and Martin both wanted no part of finding out what Pouncey was all about lol...

Archived