Tid Bits from Tony Pauline Draft insider....

eboozer

I despise need based drafting, but even if that is where you are aiming - why not QB?  There are quite a few potential first round QBs.  FS is awfully specific and S is not a value position IMO.  If you are a great DB you are almost always playing CB, not S.  G isn't a generally a value position either, but I'd take G over S for need, value and the number of players that usually deserve a 1st round grade.  Hell T is probably no far behind S.  It's impossible to predict who will be BAP when you are 18.

Your feeling for safety is the same I have for tight end. I would only take a qb if teddy bridgewater fell to us, which simply won't happen. 

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your feeling for safety is the same I have for tight end. I would only take a qb if teddy bridgewater fell to us, which simply won't happen. 

Presumably you mean you would only take a QB in round 1 [...}?

I'll be less than happy if they ignore the position completely when we have 12 picks and (to say the least) an unproven at QB and an even less-proven backing him up.

I'll be less than happy if they ignore the position completely when we have 12 picks and (to say the least) an unproven at QB and an even less-proven backing him up.

Garoppolo at 39 would make me very happy.  Same spot as Geno.

Is he? Have you looked back at his draft predictions? They are always wrong. Most of the posters on here are more knowledgeable and accurate..

This is like slamming a steakhouse because their soufflé isn't up to par. Pauline's player evals are solid, and he has legit NFL sources (particularly with the Jets). There's no reason to believe anything in the OP is untrue.

Amaro at 18 would be ridiculous. Amaro at 18 would cause widespread Jetfan pandemonium. There are way better players than Amaro for us at 18. If you want Amaro, trade back from 18, get some extra picks and then pick Amaro at your trade back position. Don't waste a chance to pick a playmaker at 18. Lee is way better choice at 18 than Amaro. I like Amaro but he is not a 1st round talent mayeb early to mid 2nd but not 1st round.

No to Ebron. I had a friend also comment that some other team had him as "1st round talent, 7th round ego". We don't need "me" players.

LL

This is like slamming a steakhouse because their soufflé isn't up to par. Pauline's player evals are solid, and he has legit NFL sources (particularly with the Jets). There's no reason to believe anything in the OP is untrue.

+ 1

Why do people care if an analyst whiffs on who teams actually pick?  It's irrelevant.  Nailing whether the guy will make it in the pros or not is all that matters.

Amaro at 18 would be ridiculous. Amaro at 18 would cause widespread Jetfan pandemonium. There are way better players than Amaro for us at 18. If you want Amaro, trade back from 18, get some extra picks and then pick Amaro at your trade back position. Don't waste a chance to pick a playmaker at 18. Lee is way better choice at 18 than Amaro. I like Amaro but he is not a 1st round talent mayeb early to mid 2nd but not 1st round.

No to Ebron. I had a friend also comment that some other team had him as "1st round talent, 7th round ego". We don't need "me" players.

LL

Amaro could be Jason Witten. You'd sign for that right now.

just my prediction but here it is. Houston grabs clowney with the first overall pick and garopolo in the 2nd. the jets wont get the opportunity

Would be ironic if Carr dropped out of the first round and Houston ended up taking him.

I agree. I expect the jets to draft a qb in the later rounds. I prefer that because we have an unknown. I would only want them to draft a qb in the first if we were certain that our qb was a bust. Because were not sure exactly what Geno is I say draft a a qb in the 4th rd or later, put geno on the field and find out. 

I know I'm still in the minority but glad to see someone else like Amaro more too.

I like Amaro, but I can understand why people would prefer the more explosive player. I'd be happy with either of them, but at the same time this draft is ripe with WR and TE talent. Hopefully if we pass on both positions in the first round, we pick someone in the 2nd round there because I see a lot of value still being there.

Its not just his player evaluations (which generally suck too btw) Its mostly that his inside information is about as reliable as Incarcerated Bob's.

Its not just his player evaluations (which generally suck too btw) Its mostly that his inside information is about as reliable as Incarcerated Bob's.

Pauline is a ego maniac, who like a weather man, is not at fault when he is wrong. Why did SI.com and USA Today get rid of him?

If it had been slamming the moves, calling the players jokes, etc., you can bet the reaction you are seeing would be totally different lol.

Pauline is a ego maniac, who like a weather man, it's never his fault when he is wrong. Why did SI.com and USA Today get rid of him?

Pauline engages regular fans to a level where you don't normally see insiders going. He has seats at Jetlife. He doesnt spew a ton of bullsh*t on twitter. You mistake his approachability as him being less of an expert. From what I understand is that he chose to leave SI. He has always been a good source as far as I can remember.

Archived