Epic Win

dbatesman

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dom, I think it was more under Herm who only wanted Choirboys on the team and a lot of us would be saying that you actually NEED some scumbags on the team, guys who will gauge a Pats players eye out chew on it and then plug it back into his head. Because when Rex got here that's just what he did, he started going after some of those idiots and the results showed-in his first two years anyway. Then he seemed to get distracted by who knows what, maybe not enough calories or something.

That was Mangini...

Dear Manish:

I guess decisions like Mark Sanchez's contract extension are just some of the things you have to live with if you want a GM that can take you to the play-off's   ....  GFY you blabbering fool.

Such a stupid statement. The money would be spent on retaining our YOUNG draft picks for their second contract

Like who? Who's up for their second contract in the next two years? How much are they getting? How much are they worth? Are they hitting the open market? Has the cap increased by the 17mil per that they're saying it will? You know, because you're a genius, right? Enlighten an idiot like me. Please be specific, I want to learn.

No one else respond to this, I want genius to lay it out for me.

The offseason isn't over you numbnut, we still have 12 players to add. And the only part of our defense that has changed is that cromartie is gone, since that we've added two cornerbacks.

How many of those 12 are going to be impact players? 2? If they are lucky. Your main argument that the Jets are going to be good in 2014 is PURE wishful thinking. 100% hope and fairy dust that they will have a historically good draft and players who were flat out BAD last season will play much better in 2014. There is ZERO actual track record of past performance you can point to for your argument. That is simply not going to be enough to make this a competitive team in the absence of any significant free agent signings with the exception of Decker, who is an improvement, but nowhere near enough.

Have they lost players on D? Have they added any players on D?

They lost their worst performer, that's it. Simply by replacing him with Walls your getting better play. I fail to see this clear-cut regression you're talking about. Explain to us how only losing Cro has somehow irreparably damaged our defense?

They lost their worst performer, that's it. Simply by replacing him with Walls your getting better play. I fail to see this clear-cut regression you're talking about. Explain to us how only losing Cro has somehow irreparably damaged our defense?

The object I thought in the off season was to improve the team the defense is part of the team.

How many of those 12 are going to be impact players? 2? If they are lucky. Your main argument that the Jets are going to be good in 2014 is PURE wishful thinking. 100% hope and fairy dust that they will have a historically good draft and players who were flat out BAD last season will play much better in 2014. There is ZERO actual track record of past performance you can point to for your argument. That is simply not going to be enough to make this a competitive team in the absence of any significant free agent signings with the exception of Decker, who is an improvement, but nowhere near enough.

Yeah you're right. Rookies can't make an impact, it's never happened before. A rookie has never done well. Only people that have played in te league before and require big contracts can succeed in this league and help teams. Young players can't improve, dee milliner cannot possibly turn into a good cornerback. You're right, I can't make an argument about how a draft can help a team greatly, that's just wishful thinking, because no rookie has ever helped a team. Not even once.

By the way, what's your stance on resigning players? They don't count as free agents I guess right?

The object I thought in the off season was to improve the team the defense is part of the team.

That wasn't the argument I was responding to. I was responding to the notion that our defense clearly regressed, which it did not. 

The off-season is utilized to improve the team, but considering we've undergone a fraction of our off-season, it's a little unrealistic to think that this is the finality of our roster. 

Cro is irreplaceable, everyone knows that.  And we are also definitely not going to see any improvement whatsoever from Milliner, Richardson, Coples, Harrison, Davis, Wilkerson, or Allen, despite them all having 3 years or less of experience and all but Wilk being first time starters last season.

Cro is gone who had a miserable year. Also Milliner was lost the first 12 games  or so before improving. The defense  it would be hard to be worse at CB's than last year

Agree we have 2 1st round draft picks on the roster and a 2nd round first pick Rex needs to make it work.

Cro is gone who had a miserable year. Also Milliner was lost the first 12 games  or so before improving. The defense  it would be hard to be worse at CB's than last year

Nope.

"100% hope and fairy dust that [...] players who were flat out BAD last season will play much better in 2014. There is ZERO actual track record of past performance you can point to."

If a player who had a rough rookie season - as many rookie starters do - and showed improvement in the final month give or take, that doesn't count.  There are conditions that need to be met, subject to the approval of a handful of posters here, to determine whether that easily-seen improvement is the same as having terrible games.  Hope and fairy dust.  Zero track record.  3 free agents, of anyone's choosing, would make this team a realistic potential SB winner.  

Absent these choice FAs, if Smith turns the corner we can't realistically win a SB.

With these choice FAs, if Smith doesn't turn the corner we can realistically win a SB.

Yeah you're right. Rookies can't make an impact, it's never happened before. A rookie has never done well. Only people that have played in te league before and require big contracts can succeed in this league and help teams. Young players can't improve, dee milliner cannot possibly turn into a good cornerback. You're right, I can't make an argument about how a draft can help a team greatly, that's just wishful thinking, because no rookie has ever helped a team. Not even once.

By the way, what's your stance on resigning players? They don't count as free agents I guess right?

The bottom line is that if the Jets don't gets high level play from at least 5-6 draft picks they will not be a good team this season and that situation could've been avoided with a competent performance in free agency. The chances of getting high level play from 5-6 draft picks in one draft is pretty much nil. Also, what impact players did the jets bring back? It's all been JAGS. Their highest impact FA signed with the raiders. 

The bottom line is that if the Jets don't gets high level play from at least 5-6 draft picks they will not be a good team this season and that situation could've been avoided with a competent performance in free agency. The chances of getting high level play from 5-6 draft picks in one draft is pretty much nil. Also, what impact players did the jets bring back? It's all been JAGS. Their highest impact FA signed with the raiders. 

Sorry, did you just refer to Austin Howard as an impact FA?

Sorry, did you just refer to Austin Howard as an impact FA?

He was their starting RT. That isn't an impact player?

Agree we have 2 1st round draft picks on the roster and a 2nd round first pick Rex needs to make it work.

Can you please explain to me what Kyle Wilson being a 1st round pick 4 years ago has anything to do with anything?

Can you please explain to me what Kyle Wilson being a 1st round pick 4 years ago has anything to do with anything?

1st round picks are usually are starting and contributing it has a lot do with everything. A 1st round pick shouldn't be a situational player.

So you feel a starter by default qualifies as an "impact player"?  That's fine, but in that case, the Jets got themselves an impact player in Breno, so I guess it all worked itself out.

Similarly, if Wilson ends up starting in Cro's place he'll apparently be an impact player, so that kind of answers your second question, too.

1st round picks are usually are starting and contributing it has a lot do with everything. A 1st round pick shouldn't be a situational player.

Situational players shouldn't be first round picks but that ship has sailed...

So you feel a starter by default qualifies as an "impact player"?  That's fine, but in that case, the Jets got themselves an impact player in Breno, so I guess it all worked itself out.

Similarly, if Wilson ends up starting in Cro's place he'll apparently be an impact player, so that kind of answers your second question, too.

Gacomini is AT BEST a lateral move, he'll probably be worse. Wilson is terrible, at least as an outside CB. Do you see a pattern here? We're starting with a bottom 5 roster in the NFL and making at best, lateral moves, talent wise. That isn't good enough with this amount of cap room. The Jet FO probably thinks, hey we were an 8 win team last year and we just need a few breaks to get to 10-6 when in fact that roster last season was 4 win quality and got LUCKY to win 8 games. Any luck regression and we're looking at 5 wins this season. 

No. Milliner is who he is. Players are always only ever as good as they are in their first game. All players lack the ability to improve over time. It literally never happens. 

If a player sucks the first time he steps foot on the field as a pro you might as well replace him ASAP because it ain't ever getting any better. 

Gacomini is AT BEST a lateral move, he'll probably be worse. Wilson is terrible, at least as an outside CB. Do you see a pattern here? We're starting with a bottom 5 roster in the NFL and making at best, lateral moves, talent wise. That isn't good enough with this amount of cap room. The Jet FO probably thinks, hey we were an 8 win team last year and we just need a few breaks to get to 10-6 when in fact that roster last season was 4 win quality and got LUCKY to win 8 games. Any luck regression and we're looking at 5 wins this season. 

Yes.... because the Jets front office is made up of functional retards who think and act exactly how the most irrational fan on a message board thinks they think and act. 

Yes.... because the Jets front office is made up of functional retards who think and act exactly how the most irrational fan on a message board thinks they think and act. 

Have you seen evidence otherwise other than your hope that they know what they are doing?? I remember the same arguments being made when Tannenbaum was running the team. How did that work out?

We are a bottom 5 roster again?  Still?

Have you seen evidence otherwise other than your hope that they know what they are doing?? I remember the same arguments being made when Tannenbaum was running the team. How did that work out?

I see the FO doing things YOU, as an individual, do not like and you irrationally overreacting. Not overpaying for every POS overrated big name free agent isn't stupid. It's actually quite smart. None of the guys the Jets "lost out" on would have made us a Super Bowl team this year despite your wildest fantasies. 

Archived