77DRAFT

I think Tanny would trade up and try to land a top wr and then trade up

again to land a tight end. Maybe he would land Beck Jr and Nick, but at

the expense of depth, he would probably grab a S and corner late and

hope for the best. The NFL is becoming a lot like the NBA with all these

lower (soph, jr,_) declaring, younger guys in the NFL, some of these guys

won't be ready, just like the kids coming into the NBA and sitting for a couple

of years until they mature. Grabing a CB at 18 would be absolutely

cowardly, simply unacceptable and pathetic.

I think Tanny would trade up and try to land a top wr and then trade up

again to land a tight end. Maybe he would land Beck Jr and Nick, but at

the expense of depth, he would probably grab a S and corner late and

hope for the best. The NFL is becoming a lot like the NBA with all these

lower (soph, jr,_) declaring, younger guys in the NFL, some of these guys

won't be ready, just like the kids coming into the NBA and sitting for a couple

of years until they mature. Grabing a CB at 18 would be absolutely

cowardly, simply unacceptable and pathetic.

Tanny would definitely trade up.  In Round One we would end up with a big WR.  But the problem is his teams had no margin for error.  Top end heavy but when an injury hit there was no answer.  Idzik definitely seems to take the exact opposite approach.

Tanny would definitely trade up.  In Round One we would end up with a big WR.  But the problem is his teams had no margin for error.  Top end heavy but when an injury hit there was no answer.  Idzik definitely seems to take the exact opposite approach.

Agreed. I think Idz will wait it out and take the last big name wideout.

But with all these picks, you never know, the cost to trade up especially in this

top heavy draft will be sky high, that was, never a consideration or problem for

Tanny / Rex. To me the Jets won't be the Jets until they get a great NO. 1 wideout,

no way the Steelers should be picking ahead of us this year.

Agreed. I think Idz will wait it out and take the last big name wideout.

But with all these picks, you never know, the cost to trade up especially in this

top heavy draft will be sky high, that was, never a consideration or problem for

Tanny / Rex. To me the Jets won't be the Jets until they get a great NO. 1 wideout,

no way the Steelers should be picking ahead of us this year.

this isn't a top heavy draft, it's a deep draft.  the type of draft you don't trade up in

this isn't a top heavy draft, it's a deep draft.  the type of draft you don't trade up in

The common mantra for this draft is that 2nd and 3rd round talent is on par with anything in the second half of the 1st round and that there will be starters coming from the mid-rounds.  That is what I call a deep, deep draft.  No effin' way you trade up from our spot.

I'm not even sure what the point of all these Tanny bashing threads are. Idzik doesn't become great because Tanny traded up to try and trade for a franchise QB ( key word: try) and to land Darrelle Revis (of course a horrible, horrible move to land the best player to ever wear a Jet uniform).

we've been through this before.  nobody is saying idzik is great.  speaking for myself, I prefer his approach to the trade up and have no depth approach

we've been through this before.  nobody is saying idzik is great.  speaking for myself, I prefer his approach to the trade up and have no depth approach

Well, it seems to me that it's very hard to praise Idzik's approach without bashing Tannenbaum at this point. So that's what happens. Because Idzik has basically accomplished nothing tangible in terms of on-field results, you (not you, Larz) need to bash Tannenbaum in comparison. As I've said before, Idzik's greatest achievement so far has been not being Tannenbaum. But, if we really want to compare and keep score, until Idzik fields a roster that wins more than 8 games or until Idzik fields a roster that makes the playoffs or until Idzik fields a roster that accomplishes even the somewhat tiny feat of being one game from the Super Bowl, it is still Tanny - 1 and Idzik - 0.

I'm not even sure what the point of all these Tanny bashing threads are. Idzik doesn't become great because Tanny traded up to try and trade for a franchise QB ( key word: try) and to land Darrelle Revis (of course a horrible, horrible move to land the best player to ever wear a Jet uniform).

Is this a Tannenbaum bashing thread? I thought it was an I miss the glory days of Mike Tannenbaum thread. Both viewpoints have their merits. Let's hear them out.

This thread isn't about bashing dumbbell, his approach was his approach, and he always relied until the

last couple of years, trading up a few spots won't cost that much, and if there is a Jerry Rice, or a wesly walker, we need to go ahead and trade up, of course the deal needs to be fair, we need to get into

the first half of round one, lets let the Wizard of Idzik make it happen.

This thread isn't about bashing dumbbell, his approach was his approach, and he always relied until the

last couple of years, trading up a few spots won't cost that much, and if there is a Jerry Rice, or a wesly walker, we need to go ahead and trade up, of course the deal needs to be fair, we need to get into

the first half of round one, lets let the Wizard of Idzik make it happen.

It's not my fault that you write like sh*t. Your original post was ******* incoherent. You defending Tannenbaum IS a form of Tanny bashing, so I was right all the same.

Is this a Tannenbaum bashing thread? I thought it was an I miss the glory days of Mike Tannenbaum thread. Both viewpoints have their merits. Let's hear them out.

Well I've probably contributed more to the thread than the OP has, no, Slats? I don't think I've stifled him or his thread and that wasn't my intention.

Well, it seems to me that it's very hard to praise Idzik's approach without bashing Tannenbaum at this point. So that's what happens. Because Idzik has basically accomplished nothing tangible in terms of on-field results, you (not you, Larz) need to bash Tannenbaum in comparison. As I've said before, Idzik's greatest achievement so far has been not being Tannenbaum. But, if we really want to compare and keep score, until Idzik fields a roster that wins more than 8 games or until Idzik fields a roster that makes the playoffs or until Idzik fields a roster that accomplishes even the somewhat tiny feat of being one game from the Super Bowl, it is still Tanny - 1 and Idzik - 0.

I think it's interesting because they seem to be polar opposites in some ways but when you look deeper, both are risk takers.  Tanny risked his stars getting hurt and having no depth, while idzik risks his scratch and dent specials not stepping up, improving or even making the team

I think (hope) idzik is taking an approach that factors in the stages of development of the team.  He has gone from bringing in classic jag hold the fort guys to more legitimate players, complimentary players

I suspect his play is to step it up next year and open the checkbook in the hopes of lining up a supporting cast with a decent QB

that's why I think he goes for a QB like murray or mettenberger or savage this year. 

I think it's interesting because they seem to be polar opposites in some ways but when you look deeper, both are risk takers.  Tanny risked his stars getting hurt and having no depth, while idzik risks his scratch and dent specials not stepping up, improving or even making the team

I think (hope) idzik is taking an approach that factors in the stages of development of the team.  He has gone from bringing in classic jag hold the fort guys to more legitimate players, complimentary players

I suspect his play is to step it up next year and open the checkbook in the hopes of lining up a supporting cast with a decent QB

that's why I think he goes for a QB like murray or mettenberger or savage this year. 

I think you're right, he's probably going in increments. He's had the luxury the last two years but by 2016 he's going to have to make the cash floor, never mind the cash ceiling.

What round do you think he goes QB? I've heard Mettenberger and Savage being slated for the 2nd round lately.

I think you're right, he's probably going in increments. He's had the luxury the last two years but by 2016 he's going to have to make the cap floor, never mind the cap ceiling.

What round do you think he goes QB? I've heard Mettenberger and Savage being slated for the 2nd round lately.

2nd ?!?

crap.  I personally would love it, geno/vick/mett or savage  then after next year you keep the best two and trade one and draft another project.  ( I think the 2nd year of vicks contract is a team option)

I could see Mike Tannenbaum killing a kitten.

This is all wrong. ALL wrong. Tannenbaum would not only get that kitten, but he's pay gobs of money for more kittens, and then he'd invest in absurdly overpriced kitty furniture and food. Then when it eventually becomes apparent that his kitten budget has gotten way out of hand, he'd give the ugliest kitten a contract extension that would result in him filing bankruptcy and the ugly kitten going to Philadelphia.

Well I've probably contributed more to the thread than the OP has, no, Slats? I don't think I've stifled him or his thread and that wasn't my intention.

Haha! I'm just goofing around man, carry on.

This is all wrong. ALL wrong. Tannenbaum would not only get that kitten, but he's pay gobs of money for more kittens, and then he'd invest in absurdly overpriced kitty furniture and food. Then when it eventually becomes apparent that his kitten budget has gotten way out of hand, he'd give the ugliest kitten a contract extension that would result in him filing bankruptcy and the ugly kitten going to Philadelphia.

Strong POTW consideration for this one here.

Archived