Bleacher report has Jets ranked 26th best Oline.

BurnleyJet

Starters: D'Brickashaw Ferguson, Brian Winters, Nick Mangold, Willie Colon, Breno Giacomini

Key Reserves: Ben Ijalana, Oday Aboushi, Dakota Dozier (rookie)

The New York Jets have a strong mix of savvy veterans, young upstarts and journeymen on the offensive line. Add all that up, and you have a unit that's not overly strong when compared across the league. The range in talent on this line is pretty huge.

D'Brickashaw Ferguson remains a solid left tackle, but his play has started to regress some. Nick Mangold is still one of the league's better centers, but around the two mainstays the talent is very shaky.

Willie Colon and Breno Giacomini are a weak group on the right side, and left guard Brian Winters severely struggled in 2013. While Ferguson and Mangold are solid fixtures, the lack of consistency beside them keeps the Jets down low on this list.

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2099809-power-ranking-nfl-offensive-line-depth-charts/page/8

Idzik? Our oline started slipping under Tanny's watch. And nobody seemed to mind. Least of All Rex. When you replace Alan Faneca with Matt Slauson and Damien Woody with Austin Howard, you're gonna have a bad time.

Rex totally doesn't care about line play with his ground and pound philopshy. You're so right.

Rex totally doesn't care about line play with his ground and pound philopshy. You're so right.

I remember reading the article where it was reported that he told Tannenbaum+Idzik he wanted Slauson, Colon, and Howard on his OL instead of Faneca, Woody, and Moore.  Stupid Rex.  Probably wants to put Coples at left guard seeing as he wants to put him anyplace other than on the DL. What a jerkface.

I remember reading the article where it was reported that he told Tannenbaum+Idzik he wanted Slauson, Colon, and Howard on his OL instead of Faneca, Woody, and Moore.  Stupid Rex.  Probably wants to put Coples at left guard seeing as he wants to put him anyplace other than on the DL. What a jerkface.

I heard he doesnt even want an OLine, just like QB...would rather field 2 defenses instead. 

I know. I totally wish Johnson would make someone other than Ryan the GM.

Also pre-season rankings are usually deadly accurate, which makes the situation really bad.

line play been slipping for rex's entire tenure. everyone else scapegoated. he is the common denominator.

he is basically doing that; letting his defenders on the field for offensive goal line plays

Just wait Kerley won a State Championship in High School at QB.  McDougle played WR.  And Pryor played RB.  So....yeah, this is definitely happening.

the ground and pound philosophy?  That's Offense, JiF.  Offense.  You know, Rex Ryan's strong suit.  The Oline is massively worse under Rex's watch than it was under mangini's (two first round pro bowl players drafted under Mangini...in the same draft...Ducasse and some other mutts drafted under the Rex regime...utter failure).  Please provide better arguments.  this is not worth the carpal tunnel,.    

Also, I'm studying the Tom Shane Method of passive aggresive JiF attacks.  Please grade this post on a scale of:

A = Tom Shane would approve

B = Tom shane would +1

C = Tom shane would quote some obscure literature that 1/18th of the board might understand, in favor, generally of the post

D = No you're doing it wrong

F = please repost, and be more smarmy

Archived