Revis gets beat-Kyle Wilson is terrible...

pointman

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As much as I'd love that as well, it's pretty doubtful.  Revis's kryptonite are the burners.  He no longer has the same lateral agility on that knee, so if he bites even a little on a route (like he did in that gif) he can't react as quickly, and he also lacks the "catchup speed" to make up for it.  His margin for error is thin with speed guys.  It's why a Stevie Johnson has given him a lot of trouble. 

Problem is, we don't have a speed guy.  Decker is a fine possession receivers but those are still the guys Revis is capable of shutting down.

I blame Stephen Hill.

Yep.  Makes Revis look even worse there for biting on it.

I hear you, but if Revis wasn't playing off he wouldn't have bit. The space in between him and Wallace was what made him react, not the route running himself. It was more of the perfect play for the scheme that Regis played. I don't want to sound like I'm making excuses for revis, it's simply what I felt occurred. I probably would have given Wallace more credit if he helped out his mediocre QB when he actually put the ball on the money. 

Every CB gets beat even Sherman.

Its game 1. If Revis is getting torched in games 3 and 4 I will begin to be concerned.

I'm sure Revis was signed for big bucks mgt said this, they were

More than happy to get 15 games out of him, didn't mind spotting the league a win

I'm sure Revis was signed for big bucks mgt said this, they were

More than happy to get 15 games out of him, didn't mind spotting the league a win

The loss wasn't on Revis though he could and will play better,

Brady and the offense scored 0 points in the 2nd half, I thought I was watching the Jets.

The loss wasn't on Revis though he could and will play better,

Brady and the offense scored 0 points in the 2nd half, I thought I was watching the Jets.

Until you realized the team you were watching had an old man at QB. Couldn't play the run and lost

So what was stopping him from playing better in this game if he could.

Maybe Revis knew the game was lost so stopped trying?

Or that stopping his man would have no effect on the outcome. Further proving why you shouldn't pay QB money for a corner.

Or of course, cramps.

Revis played sparingly in pre season.

Looked very rusty.

lol. all old starters are spared. Especially overpriced ones. But they all perform. Maybe, just maybe.. Revis lost a step. It hurts me to say it, not as much as it would have if he weren't wearing a Pats uniform.. but it still hurts.

Speaking of terrible, so is Mike Wallace. I saw that play live, that was a gimmie touchdown and he had no idea where he was in the endzone. I'm so glad the Dolphins signed him for that money and we didn't have the chance to because he has had 1,000 yard season of his career...his contract year...and he sucks. He's a fast guy and that really is about it. His hands are pretty suspect and his route running is very average.  

Sounds like Lam Jones to me

Archived