Raiders Fire Dennis Allen

RutgersJetFan

Jags would for sure, not sure about the Raiders though - they only have a 2nd invested in Carr, so if they view Mariota as a franchise guy I can see them pulling the trigger.

Doesnt matter anyway when idzik offered either of them two 4th round picks for their top pick, they would slam down the phone

My hope is that if we're in contention for the Mariota sweepstakes to begin with, the Ryan-Idzik duo would be shown the door, thus Idzik wouldn't be there to make such an offer.

Idzik probably gets a pass. No chance thwt rex survives in that scenario.

It could be like a fat voltron set-up Co headcoaches and twins.... Hard knocks here they come.

Or a really bad reboot of "Parent Trap"

Non sequitar, i didnt think anyone could have worse hair than al davis until i saw a picture of his kid. Guy looks like dr. Octopus

post-10592-0-25413500-1412053903_thumb.j

post-10592-0-99839900-1412053910_thumb.j

I particularly like this write up...

Raiders fired coach Dennis Allen.

This comes from FOX Sports' Jay Glazer, so we know it's legit this time after the Associated Press reported on Twitter late Sunday night that Allen was out, only to delete the tweet later. Allen isn't the main problem in Oakland, but he's the first one to take the fall. Others should be coming, and hopefully for the Raiders fans' sake it'll be GM Reggie McKenzie next. McKenzie went out and signed a plethora of over-the-hill washed-up veterans, and basically said, "Here ya go, Dennis. Good luck." Allen should take his fair share of blame, though. He's a defensive mind, and the Oakland defense flat-out stinks. Allen had an 8-28 career record.

Buzz is sporano lol

Report: Tony Sparano won’t be Raiders interim coach
Posted by Curtis Crabtree on September 30, 2014, 1:26 AM EDT
tony-sparano.jpg?w=142Getty Images

In the wake of the firing of head coach Dennis Allen Monday night, one of the most logical choices for an interim replacement was assistant head coach and offensive line coach Tony Sparano.

Sparano served four years as head coach of the Miami Dolphins from 2008-2011 and has the most recent head coaching experience of any member of the Raiders coaching staff.

But according to Fallon Smith of CSNBayArea.com, Sparanowill not be the interim head coach of the Raiders.

Only two other coaches currently on staff would seem to be viable options – offensive coordinator Greg Olson and senior offensive assistant Al Saunders.

Saunders served as head coach of the San Diego Chargers from 1986-1988 and had the title of assistant head coach while coaching in Kansas City, St. Louis and Washington.

Olson was the assistant head coach in Jacksonville in 2012 and has been an offensive coordinator for the Detroit Lions (2004-2005), St. Louis Rams (2006-2007), and Tampa Bay Buccaneers (2008-2011).

Jags would for sure, not sure about the Raiders though - they only have a 2nd invested in Carr, so if they view Mariota as a franchise guy I can see them pulling the trigger.

If the Raiders take Mariota at #1 in April, I would love for the Jets to trade a 4th for Carr

Tony Sparano named Raiders' interim head coach

• _Hanzus_2-65x90.jpg
  • By Dan Hanzus 

The Oakland Raiders have settled on their replacement for Dennis Allen.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Tuesday that the Raiders have elevated Tony Sparano to interim head coach, a source confirmed. The decision comes one day after Allen was fired four games into his third season with the team.

ESPN's Jim Trotter had the first report of Sparano's promotion. The team is expected to formally announce the move during a 5 p.m. ET news conference.

Sparano previously served as the team's assistant head coach and offensive line coach. The Raiders decided on Sparano over two other logical in-house candidates: offensive coordinator Greg Olson and senior offensive assistant Al Saunders.

Sparano, 52, likely benefited from recent experience. From 2008-2011, Sparano served as the head coach of the Miami Dolphins. The team went 29-32 during that time with one playoff appearance. He was fired after Week 14 of the 2011 season with the Dolphins at 4-9.

Sparano inherits a difficult situation. The talent-starved Raiders are 0-4 and just lost Derek Carr to an injury that could sideline the rookie quarterback several weeks. Matt Schaub has been away from the team due to a personal matter and Matt McGloin struggled badly in relief of Carr on Sunday.

Wins will continue to be scarce in Oakland, regardless of who's wearing the big headset.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000403464/article/tony-sparano-to-be-raiders-interim-head-coach

they don't even mention his tenure with the jets

Archived