Antonio Cromartie

rillo

this is the move I never understood.  the jets must have had a better take on his health than any other team, and they acted like he was not even worth an offer

and I can't help but think it hurt them with his cuz as well

Cromartie was one of the worst CBs in the league last year, most likely due to injuries. I have no problem not resigning him, but as already mentioned, not having a replacement for him is the real problem. Either way, this season is a dumpster fire, you'd think one of these days we'd manage to draft a QB, hopefully it's this year (we're due right?). Does the deal with the devil end when Namath's dead or is there some sort of time stamp on it?

Cromartie was one of the worst CBs in the league last year, most likely due to injuries. I have no problem not resigning him, but as already mentioned, not having a replacement for him is the real problem. Either way, this season is a dumpster fire, you'd think one of these days we'd manage to draft a QB, hopefully it's this year (we're due right?). Does the deal with the devil end when Namath's dead or is there some sort of time stamp on it?

I wish the QB would be the silver bullet were looking for...but the Jets are poorly run organization from the top down. From the execs on down...it's a half assed effort at Florham Park. 

I wish the QB would be the silver bullet were looking for...but the Jets are poorly run organization from the top down. From the execs on down...it's a half assed effort at Florham Park. 

That's why I'm open to the idea of throwing the blank check at the anal-retentive, control-freak Harbaugh and have him clean house.  The guys play tough and there's some young talent, it just needs a grown-up to lasso it all together.  But first and foremost it really needs a god damned competent QB. It won't be a silver bullet, but it'd be a nice start. 

That's why I'm open to the idea of throwing the blank check at the anal-retentive, control-freak Harbaugh and have him clean house.  The guys play tough and there's some young talent, it just needs a grown-up to lasso it all together.  But first and foremost it really needs a god damned competent QB. It won't be a silver bullet, but it'd be a nice start. 

Id be fine with that too. This draft though...its as if Idzik intentionally bombed it.

Id be fine with that too. This draft though...its as if Idzik intentionally bombed it.

I think Pryor will be solid when the secondary is healthy and a year under his belt and Amaro looks like he's going to be a good player, but if this is what we're to expect from his drafts, he better reel in Harbaugh and hope he plucks a QB in the next draft or he's gonna sink this ship faster than Tanny.

why does anyone think Harbaugh can run an NFL team? He's a solid head coach, and a great QB whisperer. But the front office in SF is outstanding and they are most likely going to let him walk after the season. Just like the ravens passed on Rex for head coach. That's something to consider.

But thinking he can be a HC/ GM is nuts. No track record running the whole show.

this is the move I never understood.  the jets must have had a better take on his health than any other team, and they acted like he was not even worth an offer

and I can't help but think it hurt them with his cuz as well

I agree this is one that did not make sense. That too he wanted to be here and it could have been a one year deal with no string's attached.

why does anyone think Harbaugh can run an NFL team? He's a solid head coach, and a great QB whisperer. But the front office in SF is outstanding and they are most likely going to let him walk after the season. Just like the ravens passed on Rex for head coach. That's something to consider.

But thinking he can be a HC/ GM is nuts. No track record running the whole show.

Harbaugh running the show is miles better than any other viable alternative. He's arguably the best HC in the NFL, and frankly I can throw darts at a list of players who declared for the draft and do a better job drafting like that than our FO does, so I highly doubt a football mind like Harbaugh's would do any worse from a talent evaluation and drafting standpoint. And frankly, I don't remember hearing about how "outstanding" SF's FO was back when Mike Singletary was running the team into the ground. As far as I'm concerned, their entire organizational turnaround can be attributed to Harbaugh.

But it's all moot in the end, since 1) Woody likely won't give up the cash and control to land him, and 2) Harbaugh will have his pick of available jobs, so why on Earth would he ever choose this sh*tshow?

Harbaugh running the show is miles better than any other viable alternative. He's arguably the best HC in the NFL, and frankly I can throw darts at a list of players who declared for the draft and do a better job drafting like that than our FO does, so I highly doubt a football mind like Harbaugh's would do any worse from a talent evaluation and drafting standpoint. And frankly, I don't remember hearing about how "outstanding" SF's FO was back when Mike Singletary was running the team into the ground. As far as I'm concerned, their entire organizational turnaround can be attributed to Harbaugh.

But it's all moot in the end, since 1) Woody likely won't give up the cash and control to land him, and 2) Harbaugh will have his pick of available jobs, so why on Earth would he ever choose this sh*tshow?

I agree, he turned Smith into a serviceable Q.B who was just terrible. Developed Colin K, and turned the 49ers around. I'm ALL in for Jim!

unloading cromartie wasn't the bad move.    not having a plan to replace him was. 

apparently Idzik thinks anyone can play CB in the NFL.  

To be fair, so do fans. That's why everyone was so cool with letting Revis go. Well that and ensuring a darned player didn't steal any more of Mr. Johnson's inheritance. Watching that shift in Jet fans from "zomg **** CBs Revis be greedy" to "ZOMG we missed on Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie(!!!!!!)" was predictable, hilarious, and worth it. 

It's wishful thinking to assume Cromartie would be helping us much.  Cro is capable of the interception but equally capable of looking lost in coverage.  Coming into this week the Cardinals had averaged 200 yards/game allowed to wide receivers on the season, surrendering 7 TD's.  The only game AZ's secondary hadn't allowed a TD was to the lowly Raiders, who still racked up 9 catches for 137 yards. 

This week, Jeremy Maclin had 12 catches for 187 yards and 2 TD's, while Riley Cooper had 5 catches for 88 yards and Jordan Matthews contributed 6 catches for 47 yards.  Do these numbers demonstrate that Cro would be a game changer for this team?

Patrick Peterson's decline is a big part of that, but so is Cro.  Cro was saddled primarily with covering Demaryius Thomas in Week 5 and Demaryius ended up with 8 catches for 226 yards and 2 TD's. 

Saying Cro would be better than what we have here isn't saying much.  There's a good reason why he was signed for only $3 million.  He's bad on a team that is winning; imagine how bad he'd be with us this year.  The problem wasn't failing to re-sign him, the problem was who we replaced him WITH.

I think Pryor will be solid when the secondary is healthy and a year under his belt and Amaro looks like he's going to be a good player, but if this is what we're to expect from his drafts, he better reel in Harbaugh and hope he plucks a QB in the next draft or he's gonna sink this ship faster than Tanny.

Pryor is playing out of position.  He is not a center fielder

Archived