Mark Sanchez Talk - MERGED

jgb

I thought Sanchez was supposed to be a brand new player with Philly.  Now we're back to square one, where people are making the same exact excuses for him that they did when he was a Jet.  

If you're constantly costing your team with crippling turnovers, you are not a good QB or even close to good.  End of argument.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really surprised the Philly papers aren't going all-in on Sanchez today. They're all killing Kelly instead.

Because, as you know, bad QB play is all the head coach's fault.

so is Chip Kelly still a king maker?

Kelly's offense was QB-proof, until he met Mark Sanchez.

Surprised this argument is still happening...

Why is it that surprising?  Smash and Pac are JN posters, and as long as they're around, the cycle of bad logic and reasoning regarding ex-Jet QB's will never end.  Not to mention, we just brought in a new influx of stupid with the JI migration.  

Kelly's offense was QB-proof, until he met Mark Sanchez.

Has T0m managed to twist Sanchez's underwhelming stay in Philly to be Rex's fault yet? Last I remember Sanchez was going to be dominant with a competent HC

Why is it that surprising?  Smash and Pac are JN posters, and as long as they're around, the cycle of bad logic and reasoning regarding ex-Jet QB's will never end.  Not to mention, we just brought in a new influx of stupid with the JI migration.  

Cause at least Pennington didn't turn the ball over a couple of seasons. And had the high completion % every year. These were things to hold onto like security blanket for them. 

When Rex was working, Mark was minimized.  Sooner or later, you can't hide the QB.  We saw what happened.  I'm not parsing out the stats based on the games we liked.  I will however say that during that 'heroic' era, the D rarely gave up over 20 points.  At best, you can win games with Sanchez, you're simply not going to win because of him.  At least not sustainably.  We have plenty of evidence to prove this.

Agree competely.

Sanchez was great for what Rex was trying to do. When Rex's D and G&P strategies backfired he needed the QB to overperform and that was not going to happen- though with the WR's he had it was inevitable, would have been nice to see him get the chance pre-injury to put it up to a decent group. That said, even in his current state, Mark Sanchez is a servicable NFL QB for a rebuilding project or a decent backup for a non-contender. Since we're in need of both of these roles, if Mark wants to come back, let's embrace him.

SAR I

In 2010, Sanchez's QB rating was 75.3.  Good for 27th in the league.  QB Rating is by no means the end-all-be-all of QB stats, but being 27th, speaks to the fact that you're not a top 10 QB.

Also, Mark Sanchez has the highest career INT%, that's INTs per pass, of any active QB.  In his 2010, banner season, it was 2.6, which is still not particularly good.  And this doesn't include fumbles.

In 2010, Sanchez's QB rating was 75.3.  Good for 27th in the league.  QB Rating is by no means the end-all-be-all of QB stats, but being 27th, speaks to the fact that you're not a top 10 QB.

Also, Mark Sanchez has the highest career INT%, that's INTs per pass, of any active QB.  In his 2010, banner season, it was 2.6, which is still not particularly good.  And this doesn't include fumbles.

Yeah, but if you cherry pick the outlier games, and then add those up using nothing quantitative and only stupid narrative, he's not so bad.

Agree competely.

Sanchez was great for what Rex was trying to do. When Rex's D and G&P strategies backfired he needed the QB to overperform and that was not going to happen- though with the WR's he had it was inevitable, would have been nice to see him get the chance pre-injury to put it up to a decent group. That said, even in his current state, Mark Sanchez is a servicable NFL QB for a rebuilding project or a decent backup for a non-contender. Since we're in need of both of these roles, if Mark wants to come back, let's embrace him.

SAR I

If don't see either of those things happening... wanting to come back and being embraced.

Wait... This is what we're arguing over?

Sure... Fine... I concede... Lets try to enjoy the game!

Yes, it's over. Mark 2014 is what he is, post-injury, in a new system.

However, if you want to go a few more rounds about what we did to him in 2011 and 2012 and 2013 I'm still here, head gear and gloves still on.

SAR I

I was just taken aback by the local media actually taking a coach to task for a loss, I guess. It's almost like they hold Kelly accountable for the entire team, which is unheard of.

Meanwhile a terrible QB like Mark Sanchez just skates along never getting blamed.  Ever.  He's got a sweet little gig going.

Again, as EY JUST SAID, no he was not.  A turnover-prone QB is an awful match for a coach who is trying to control the clock and play D.

He was turnover prone at the beginning (first six games as a rookie) and at the end (no weapons, no G&P) but in the middle, when he had weapons and shook the rookie dust, when we went 16-4, what were his turnover stats then?

SAR I

He was turnover prone at the beginning (first six games as a rookie) and at the end (no weapons, no G&P) but in the middle, when he had weapons and shook the rookie dust, when we went 16-4, what were his turnover stats then?

SAR I

An short term run of luck..

That is the period where he lead the league in the dropped interceptions stat

SAR I

Too many.  He's never had a stretch in his career where he wasn't turning the ball over.  I'm not sure which 20 game stretch you're looking at.  If it's 2009 into 2010, including the 2009 playoffs, he had 14 picks.  If it's 2010 into 2011, I count 17.  Way, way too many for a ball control offense.

Bad Santa above all.

Coming in hot with the sleeper. I'd say Bad Santa exists somewhere circling those three, unable to be ranked. On any given night I can do Bernie Mac sucking on those oranges over any of the 3. But in terms of consistency and nostalgia, no way.

It also doesn't have Pesci doing this.

Too many.  He's never had a stretch in his career where he wasn't turning the ball over.  I'm not sure which 20 game stretch you're looking at.  If it's 2009 into 2010, including the 2009 playoffs, he had 14 picks.  If it's 2010 into 2011, I count 17.  Way, way too many for a ball control offense.

Geno Smith is the reason the Jets lost today:

_____ TRUE

_____ FALSE

SAR I

Archived