Mark Sanchez Talk - MERGED

jgb

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm with you on all that. I still think watching Chip Kelly work with dudes like Sanchez and Foles is interesting as all get out.

Yet tonight proved even great mastermind coaches can't do sh*t with garbage like Sanchez.  You have to always be supplementing the QB position with fresh talent and hope the work your scouts put in ends up worth it and you get a hit.  You don't have to have an offense-minded HC to have strong QB play.  You don't even need to have perfect weapons either. But the QB has to have the ability first and foremost, THEN you build around him accordingly.

Not helping. Mark Sanchez was a top 5 pick. Geno was a 2nd rounder. Mark Sanchez set this franchise back 5 years because we gave him a costly contract extension. We can, and will, move on from Geno much quicker with very little financial burden.

True. Very true. The failure of the contract extension and the failure of continuing to provide a reasonable surrounding talent is not on Mark Sanchez. We see what he is with good coaching and solid talent. A guy who can help a team win games but cannot win games for a team. Could Geno be that too on a different team? Maybe, maybe not but it's not going to be discovered in New York.

True. Very true. The failure of the contract extension and the failure of continuing to provide a reasonable surrounding talent is not on Mark Sanchez. We see what he is with good coaching and solid talent. A guy who can help a team win games but cannot win games for a team. Could Geno be that too on a different team? Maybe, maybe not but it's not going to be discovered in New York.

Both Sanchez and Geno have proved to be backup-level talent, nothing more.  We did neither any favors, mostly because the Jets are an awful organization, but had they been drafted by different teams, my guess is the results would not have been much different.  They'd end up backups eventually no matter where they started.

He's also a guy who can actively lose games for many teams. Let us not forget that one.

He's also a guy who can actively lose games for many teams. Let us not forget that one.

Yep.  He once managed to lose to Buffalo, despite 200+ yards from the running game, because he threw 5 picks.  Carl will come back and say he was only a rookie then, but little has changed here in year 6.

True. And that can be said of any QB if they have a rough day. Sanchez has more rough days than most, but if we're taking 32 NFL teams and going through 32 starting QBs, you're telling me he won't be one of them? Have you seen the guys starting for some of these teams? Have you seen the dogpoo that we trot out on a weekly basis?

Sanchez wouldn't be doing any better than Geno Smith for the Jets because the talent level is so low. That I will concede, but you all act like he is the worst QB in pro football and he hooked up with your girlfriend.

Please show me where I am reveling in Geno Smith's failures. Your post is clownish. I'd like to think you're better than that.

It would be nice to have a civil discussion of Sanchez on his own terms, without sad little people trying to drag Geno down into the mud with them.

And yet his record as a starter is technically better with the Jets than with the Eagles. The Eagles didn't have to deal with him as a rookie with 16 college starts since graduating HS, and have this requisite superior talent around the QB as well as superior coaching on offense.

Truth is Sanchez's failure is not ultimately satisfying. Rather, it confirms the past claim by many of us that we could have had a winner here with a real asset at the position instead of this turd. 

It would be nice to have a civil discussion of Sanchez on his own terms, without sad little people trying to drag Geno down into the mud with them.

So you can't compare and contrast the careers of the current Jets QB and the former Jets QB? It's inevitable in a civil discussion of a player for him to be put up against his successor to see if things have improved at the position or not. That's just simple logic.

And yet his record as a starter is technically better with the Jets than with the Eagles. The Eagles didn't have to deal with him as a rookie with 16 college starts since graduating HS, and have this requisite superior talent around the QB as well as superior coaching on offense.

Truth is Sanchez's failure is not ultimately satisfying. Rather, it confirms the past claim by many of us that we could have had a winner here with a real asset at the position instead of this turd.

I don't disagree with any of that. If the Jets had brought in a real QB instead of Mark Sanchez, things probably turn out very differently. That said, there are many on this very board who find his failure elsewhere satisfying. I don't begrudge Mark for not being capable of being the next Peyton Manning or Brett Favre. I begrudge the front office for paying him like he was but letting the talent that propped him up fall out from beneath him like a house of cards. Mark wasn't great, but he wasn't the worst QB in my Jet fan tenure either.

So you can't compare and contrast the careers of the current Jets QB and the former Jets QB? It's inevitable in a civil discussion of a player for him to be put up against his successor to see if things have improved at the position or not. That's just simple logic.

Thanks. I just don't see the point of trying to drag others down because your team is terrible. Cutting off your nose to spite your face kind of thing.

I don't disagree with any of that. If the Jets had brought in a real QB instead of Mark Sanchez, things probably turn out very differently. That said, there are many on this very board who find his failure elsewhere satisfying. I don't begrudge Mark for not being capable of being the next Peyton Manning or Brett Favre. I begrudge the front office for paying him like he was but letting the talent that propped him up fall out from beneath him like a house of cards. Mark wasn't great, but he wasn't the worst QB in my Jet fan tenure either.

Maybe yes and maybe no. But in a QB-driven league he was quite the handicap, and we only know the result with him. We may have been no better with another QB for unrelated reasons. But it's also possible we get no further and merely had better regular-season records. 

It's hardly secret, to those who have been here for a while, that I was no fan of his being the Jets QB. A QB like him is the worst kind of failure because he shows enough flashes to give some people optimism about him; that there's to be light at the end of the tunnel if we're patient and hope really, really hard.

I wish he was a more spectacular failure. If he would have only been this quicker and far more obvious failure for us we would have likewise moved on from him more quickly.

Either way I can't believe this thread is over 70 pages and still going.

Maybe yes and maybe no. But in a QB-driven league he was quite the handicap, and we only know the result with him. We may have been no better with another QB for unrelated reasons. But it's also possible we get no further and merely had better regular-season records. 

It's hardly secret, to those who have been here for a while, that I was no fan of his being the Jets QB. A QB like him is the worst kind of failure because he shows enough flashes to give some people optimism about him; that there's to be light at the end of the tunnel if we're patient and hope really, really hard.

I wish he was a more spectacular failure. If he would have only been this quicker and far more obvious failure for us we would have likewise moved on from him more quickly.

Either way I can't believe this thread is over 70 pages and still going.

you assume jets are capable of realizing any faster regardless of how much worse sanchez was. geno was clear to all to be absolutely horrid and they have now rolled with him for 2 years already. wouldn't be surprised if this moronic team has yet another qb competition next year and geno is de facto winner against the garbage idzik signs in FA.

you assume jets are capable of realizing any faster regardless of how much worse sanchez was. geno was clear to all to be absolutely horrid and they have now rolled with him for 2 years already. wouldn't be surprised if this moronic team has yet another qb competition next year and geno is de facto winner against the garbage idzik signs in FA.

Oddly enough, they realized with Sanchez the year they extended him. They at least sensed it, a little bit. If they didn't hurt his feelings with looking into the availability of Peyton Manning Manning a week earlier, there was no need to extend him when they did. They had him in an ideal "show me" situation, with no guaranteed money left due to him.

Ugh.

Oddly enough, they realized with Sanchez the year they extended him. They at least sensed it, a little bit. If they didn't hurt his feelings with looking into the availability of Peyton Manning Manning a week earlier, there was no need to extend him when they did. They had him in an ideal "show me" situation, with no guaranteed money left due to him.

Ugh.

i would love to know the back story there. total speculation on my part but i envision rex going to tanny and then straight to woody and lobbying for that extension since tanny's public flirtation with chicken parm "broke the kid's confidence"

or maybe it was all tanny who make the decision after an all  night coke binge. i hope we find out someday.

i would love to know the back story there. total speculation on my part but i envision rex going to tanny and then straight to woody and lobbying for that extension since tanny's public flirtation "broke the kid's confidence"

or maybe it was all tanny who make the decision after an all  night coke binge. i hope we find out someday.

Tanny wanted to clear up more cap space, having exhausted it so thoroughly, so we could pick up Landry on a 1 yr deal.

Tomorrow perhaps I'll necro all those posts wherein folks told us that Sanchez was leading the Eagles to the playoffs while the Jets sat home.

Things could change, but for now... Bwahahahaha

When Sanchez debuted in Philly a couple of friends heckled me saying he was the real deal, and that he suffered cause being a Jet makes you suck. I just sat back and laughed told them to let me know in a few weeks when Barkley is taking snaps while Sanchez pouts. All I can say now,

a9ed842f739e930dc8e9340bafbbaeaf77994c50

Part I

Yup.

Proven GM who had a successful series of playoff campaigns despite a new HC every few years.

Proven postseason QB who never was given back the playmakers he lost, had a HC that never invested in surrounding him with young WR's he could bond with.

SAR I

He hasn't played a game since the 2012 season, where he had nothing to work with. He's not doing bad considering.

Sanchez gets way too much hate in NY for a man who had street bums on his offensive line. I swear the pass rush was practically racing the ball to Sanchez's hands on just about every play. No QB could have done anything under the Jet offensive conditions in 2011 and 2012.

so last week Jets fans made excuses for Vick saying hes second string and does not get the reps in practice but if that player is Sanchez who is having a good over all game HES PLAYING BAD OMG they ran it 4 times for a TD can't tell if Im dealing with Trolls or Retards

Sanchez leads the Eagles to the Super Bowl WOW

Gotta think Chip Kelly is a little bit pumped about this. Coaches love nothing more than taking another coach's trash and turning them into players.

Doesn't Foles already have 10 picks this season?

Can't get worse than that with Sanchez.

Should surprise no one.  The main gripe from the so called Sanchez defenders was the teams inability to surround him with proper weapons.  Seems like just about everyone but Jet fans know that young QB's need help. 

Nobody would have performed under the 2011~2012 offensive lines.

Sanchez's development and star was basically sabotaged.

I bet he does pretty damn good with Chip Kelly, 2010 level

Mark Sanchez is a pretty damning statement against Rex Ryan, and I'm a Rex Ryan fan lately. Like the uncle who always shows up and gives you the coolest, unexpected toy for Christmas every year, Rex Ryan is just cool (in his own way).

But Mark Sanchez is a franchise quarterback today if he was drafted by a better environment.

You can't fake what he did in the play offs, and he did it against healthy football teams. It wasn't like he got lucky.

FTR, I've always said that Sanchez would be starting in the league somewhere when he was 30 or so. Dude was immature and was in possibly the worst environment in the league for his personality type. If Kelly got him to take the game seriously and to understand the nuances of the position, while not asking him to be a Drew Brees-type analytical thinker, he's going to look good.

Part Deux

You're all so terrified of the coming Sanchez Ascendancy.

Lol looking pretty good so far dem weapinzzzzzzzzz

Two drives, two scores. The two incompletions were not his fault. He's having a perfect game.

SAR I

Stud

Sanchez becoming good under Chip Kelly would be the final, perfect nail in the Rex-Tannenbaum coffin.

Rex Ryan ruined the guy in a ton of ways. No playmakers, no young receivers for him to bond with, invested all of his time on the defense, and then sacrificed him to injury in the preseason.

But above all else I blame Jets fans. People who saw the butt fumble and never took into account the lack of talent around him and scapegoated Mark Sanchez for everything wrong with this franchise, usually to protect their beloved Rex Ryan. For those fans, I wish nothing more than Mark Sanchez to do very well. The only way the Jets move forward is to learn from their mistakes, and perhaps Jets fans made one as well.

SAR I

Thinking that the Jets gave up too early on Mark Sanchez is not rocket science, not some original idea. Not everything you disagree with is "trolling".

SAR I

Sanchez is Rex's Benghazi

i'm sure chip kelly was devastated that we bungled sanchez so badly he got a former top 5 pick for nothing who is about to go pinball style on the scoreboard

Looks like the 2009/2010 Jets to me. Defense making plays and generating turnovers, ocassionally give up the big play. Offense has a running game and playmakers, special teams contributing in big spots, Mark Sanchez a complimentary piece.

For those who forget, not only did Mark Sanchez lose all of his playmakers and see them not replaced, but because the running game was awful and the defense was awful, Mark was asked to throw 40 times a game. It was a double-whammy. Nice to see him getting another shot. Either way, it's a win for the Jets. If he's awful, we know we didn't make a mistake and we can sleep better at night. If he's good, it's a further indictment of Rex Ryan and it'll ensure he's thrown out and never gets another head coaching job in the NFL.

SAR I

Slow night in my parent's basement: Part Three!

Sanchez, Mathews, Sproles -- what could have been.

amazing what a real coach can do with a top 5 draft pick QB

SANCHIZE  I thought he couldn't read progressions and find tertiary wr's?   LMAO

Coaching matters.

well we are nearing the end of the "what players have left the jets and done anything" defense. by my count, that's the last one.

mark is putting montezuma's revenge on rex right now. no way he survives now with sanchez exploding 90 miles down the road.

In all seriousness, you know who Sanchez looks like right now? Like he did in 2010 against the Texans when Rex's defense blew the lead in the last 2 minutes and Sanchez had to win the game with no time outs.

A coach's job is to nurture and develop talent.

This proves nothing. We won't really know if SANCHEZ turned a corner until he brings a team from behind. In the Super Bowl. In the rain. Down 30. With a minute left. In 20 below weather. Against the 85 Bears. Throwing to Stephen Hill. Left handed.

only if it is snow. and it's 4th and 60 yards to go. and he has no timeouts. and he has a ball and chain around his ankle and is wearing a blindfold. only under these exact circumstances will i ever believe.

Clearly his leadership has motivated the defense.

SAR I

And I sit back and laugh as all my points on Sanchez and the QB position in general come true.

1354618843a289f-original-3.jpg

This is exhausting

Our points...  everyone else too blinded by hate to see what was in front of them. 

just logged on but let me guess..  the usual suspects blame rex right LOL

Sanchez has a chance to break the road playoff victory record

Sanchez is a gunslinger

NFC Championship Game at Philly, Tailgate Joe, full Jets contingent in Jets gear, green and white confetti fills the air, feels just like the real thing.

You in?

SAR I

Now Sanchez finally gets to start a playoff game at home!

Nah, Firefraud will smell the publicity, will come down 95 and protect us.

And I will spend $1200 to hire that plane and fly a banner that says "Mark Sanchez and Darelle Revis - Super Bowl Bound!" Will be a laugh-riot Alice.

SAR I

so... foles will be available next year

my wife just saw the sanchez interview and said "good for him look how happy he is. what rex did to him is like child abuse"

MARKSANCH_zpsbc3044d5.jpg

SAR I

braylonedwardstweet_zps9c679e91.jpg

SAR I

Archived