Does Rex Make It To Thanksgiving?

SoFlaJets

How is Idzik responsible for poor time management, unforced penalties, wasted timeouts, poor challenge decisions and lack of in-game adjustments?

Only Jets fans would tie themselves into knots trying to cover for a coach who's 1-8 and hasn't made the playoffs in four years.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only Jets fans would tie themselves into knots trying to cover for a coach who's 1-8 and hasn't made the playoffs in four years.

Rex isa fun guy but he is not HC material. Let him go at the end of the season. No need to hurry and fire him now. 1-8 or 1-15 makes no difference. No playoffs either way.

He'll make it. He may make it to next Thanksgiving too. If a team has decided to get rid of a coach and the season is tanking...I'd expect they let the coach go instead of keeping him around to oversee the sinking the ship. If they're keeping Rex around, I think it means they haven't made the decision to let him go yet.

Should of been 5/6 if Indy and Cincy don't lie down his first year.  Remember him blubbering at the podium that we didn't make the playoffs?  Some reporter had to tell the dope that we were still in it.

In all my days as a fan, I've never seen Jets fans stick up for a HC like Rex no matter what idiotic move he makes.  Why?

Does 45-3, 38-7 or 28-0 get the Sad Clown canned for good?  Or do we have to wait for Black Monday?  

By the way, this week screams let down game for the Steelers coming off the big primetime win against the Ravens so a 13-9 slopfest could be in the works....

What do i know but I think we'll get smoked on sunday.  We just don't match up with all their talent on offense.  Who's stopping Antonio Brown?  No-Fukkin-Body.

I'm thinkin 35-7 or worse.  But no Rex doesn't get canned.  We got that sap until the season ends.  Woody is a cheap prick when it comes to contracts.

Big Ben has like 11 TD's in 2 games.  He might get another 11 Sunday

Considering that the Chiefs first drive made it look so easy, like it was a scrimmage against a High School team, I have little doubt that this is going to be an epic beat down. The defense has even just seemed to quit-dangerous times to be a football player on a team like this-remember Herm's last year when everybody started getting hurt the 2nd half of the season?  

Considering that the Chiefs first drive made it look so easy, like it was a scrimmage against a High School team, I have little doubt that this is going to be an epic beat down. The defense has even just seemed to quit-dangerous times to be a football player on a team like this-remember Herm's last year when everybody started getting hurt the 2nd half of the season?  

Bringing back Harrison changed that D.  Leave it to LaBeau.    Who would have guessed Harrison still had that much left in the tank?  He was flying around the field all night yesterday.

Anyone that thinks Woody is firing Rex during the year, needs to wake up. I think he's a goner but not until after the season is over.

OK, but what if it's really embarrassing?  We already know Steelers' fans will outnumber Jets fans in the stands.  It's also not out of the question that the team comes out and makes a the game a clown show comedy of errors.  Can we get some anti-Vick PETA protesters to add to the carnival-like atmosphere?

Big Ben has been on fire lately and their WRs are slaying fools. This could get ugly real, real fast.

No chance. Rex ryan is a defensive MASTERMIND. he will dial up LOTS of exotic blitzes to knock the excess fat off Big Ben's chin.

we will win the game 17-13 in OT and Rex will be rewarded with a 6 and a half year, $220 million dollar contract extension, with option to extend for another 10 years.

Anyone that thinks Woody is firing Rex during the year, needs to wake up. I think he's a goner but not until after the season is over.

I just don't see the benefit to an in-season firing. The only way that would be warranted is if Rex wouldn't play the young kids that they wanted to evaluate.  Otherwise the next head coach isn't currently employed by the Jets so they can wait to fire Rex.

I just don't see the benefit to an in-season firing. The only way that would be warranted is if Rex wouldn't play the young kids that they wanted to evaluate.  Otherwise the next head coach isn't currently employed by the Jets so they can wait to fire Rex.

Correct. The NFL is the only sport where there is zero benefit in doing an in season firing of a HC. Unless you have a young assistant on staff you want to try out. That leaves us out.

Most of them aren't on the team, so we'll never know.

Seriously though, I would fire Rex, put Dennis Thurman in place as the interim. Satisfies the Rooney rule, guarantees a top 3 draft pick, and it gives us a big jump on getting things in order to sure-up all the house cleaning before new GM and HC candidates all get snapped up.

Most of them aren't on the team, so we'll never know.

Seriously though, I would fire Rex, put Dennis Thurman in place as the interim. Satisfies the Rooney rule, guarantees a top 3 draft pick, and it gives us a big jump on getting things in order to sure-up all the house cleaning before new GM and HC candidates all get snapped up.

The Rooney Rule doesn't apply to interim hires. The expression is "shore up."

Sportsmanship is going to be the only thing that stops him from throwing 8 TDs

This - however I do see some good coming from canning Rectum Rex at the bye - it shows that you get fired for doing a lousy job.  Also light a fire around some of these clowns

The Rooney Rule doesn't apply to interim hires. The expression is "shore up."

I thought I remembered an African American interim coach, maybe for the Vikings, Raiders or Cardinals, counting as having satisfied it. I can't remember, and don't plan on looking up. Either way, let's pretend it works and fire Rex anyway, because why not?

Also, shore up would mean to strengthen the house cleaning, which isn't what I wanted to say. Sure up would mean to secure it, meaning have it all taken care of. Which is what I meant to say. I used the appropriate term, but I did unnecessarily hyphenate it if that makes you happy.

I disagree.  A bye week firing gets all the negative press and hoopla out of the way now and clears the way for Idzik to do his job without distraction in January (which in mind mind is hiring a new HC and fumigating Bradway and his minions).  

By January, Rex will be a faded memory- most likely doing a clownish TV gig on the Fox Pregame.  

I don't see how you DON'T fire Rex during the bye if you are Idzik.  Let's go Big Ben.

I disagree.  A bye week firing gets all the negative press and hoopla out of the way now and clears the way for Idzik to do his job without distraction in January (which in mind mind is hiring a new HC and fumigating Bradway and his minions).  

By January, Rex will be a faded memory- most likely doing a clownish TV gig on the Fox Pregame.  

I don't see how you DON'T fire Rex during the bye if you are Idzik.  Let's go Big Ben.

This just makes too much sense - which is exactly why the Jets won't do it.

Doesn't matter if the team gets blasted 72-0. Rex is staying till the end of the season. Johnson is no going to pay any manager to sit at home. We are stuck with foot Fetish HC till Black Monday. Its going to get uglier before it gets brighter around these parts.

FYI, I get the sneaking suspicion that Idzik is staying for another 3 years at the very least.

LL

Archived