Rex knew all year that Idzik would fire him - And other Rex/Idzik Articles (merged)

Mogglez

Rex needs to be fired. Talent or not talent, he has done his worst job coaching this season. The lack of discipline on this team, and the continued lack of accountability are the main reasons he should be fired. Never mind the issues he has had developing anything on the offensive side of the ball.

Idzik should go as well. Two years isn't enough time to evaluate a GM in most cases. But he leaves you in good cap shape, so cut the cord now. His last draft is so concerning, he shouldn't get another one.

We agree Max. Rex has to go for obvious reasons. But the last two drafts...you don't get another one after that. Our first two picks this year both stink.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i think letting cro walk was by far idzicks biggest failure

For the first 8 weeks or so, Cro and the rest of the AZ secondary had been pretty awful.  Don't think he would have helped us here.  Not finding a decent replacement is a failure, but then again, the bigger failure was the Dee Milliner selection, and before that, Kyle Wilson as picked by Tannenbaum.  If those guys work out, we're in good shape.  We shouldn't have to blow 1st rounders on the position all the time, however.

Go look at the teams you think had good drafts and tabulate the percentage of those picks that are actually contributing.

Oh pipe down.  I don't care what the other teams are doing.  Whatever ails the franchise most, bombing on a 12-pick draft is a fireable offense.  We've been dealing with this sh** for decades.

I should probably go on the record and say that I am 110% behind the firing of Rex. It's the idea that the scarecrow looking, piece of garbage GM in charge may have actually decided to throw away an entire season that has me cringing.

There is no right, or good guy in this. It's Rex's time to go, sure, but Idzik is an abomination.

the bigger failure was the Dee Milliner selection, and before that, Kyle Wilson as picked by Tannenbaum.  If those guys work out, we're in good shape.  We shouldn't have to blow 1st rounders on the position all the time, however.

If these guys worked out to be even cusp pro bowlers which is kind of a 1st rounder expectation, unless you're the New York Jets, we're at least .500 even with the same bag of sh!t rest of the squad and looking at how we're going to spend Johnny Boy's cap money to get back into contention.

If these guys worked out to be even cusp pro bowlers which is kind of a 1st rounder expectation, unless you're the New York Jets, we're at least .500 even with the same bag of sh!t rest of the squad and looking at how we're going to spend Johnny Boy's cap money to get back into contention.

It's become quite clear that there's limited upside to drafting corners early.  Even if you get a Revis, if you don't have a top-flight offense, your ceiling is only the Seahawks IF you have loads of talent everywhere else.  Every Super Bowl winner from 2005 up until the Seahawks had no-name corners.

And, as we know, Sherman was a 5th rounder anyways.  And his starter on the opposite side, Maxwell, was a 6th rounder.  The McDougle pick was fine.  Use mid-rounders and late rounders on corners to your heart's content.  But leave the early picks for QB's, WR's, o-linemen and pass-rushers.

This whole muzzling Rex thing seems strange.  It should have been done years ago and if anything, I would imagine Buddy's health would be the last thing they would care about him talking about.  As FlGreen points out a PR guy saying "I don't have to tell you that"  is uber lame.  There is probably some truth to this story and some of it is probably complete baloney.

If there is anything to it at all, it is the Jets, as they have in the past (see Francessa), not giving access to certain media outlets who they feel have wronged them in the past. It was not done because it was a Rex personal story, or because it was meant to punish Rex in some way, it was done because maybe the Jets are boycotting that media.

I think it is lame to do such, but the Jets have done it in the past. A little thin skinned.

For the first 8 weeks or so, Cro and the rest of the AZ secondary had been pretty awful.  Don't think he would have helped us here.  Not finding a decent replacement is a failure, but then again, the bigger failure was the Dee Milliner selection, and before that, Kyle Wilson as picked by Tannenbaum.  If those guys work out, we're in good shape.  We shouldn't have to blow 1st rounders on the position all the time, however.

pretty awful they are 9-2 i believe couldn't be that awful.

pretty awful they are 9-2 i believe couldn't be that awful.

They are 9-2 in SPITE of their corners.  They've had 5 fumble recoveries this year.  And it helps that in the last 3 games they've gotten 17 sacks.  When they weren't getting at the QB's they were routinely giving up tons of yardage to WR's.  Denver got 385 yards from their WR's.  The 49ers 224.  Redskins 201.  Eagles 340.

Cro wouldn't be helping us right now, at all. 

I assume that the jets had as clear of a medical view of Cromartie as any other team.

Again, the Jets paid as much to Patterson as they would have Cromartie. To the Jets, for whatever reason, they valued Patterson as much as Cromartie.

That doesn't tell you something?

As I have said from the beginning and really there's no need to continue going in circles....It tells me one of two things...Idzik did not want talented players, or Idzik can't recognize talented players.  I'm a fan of this team, so no matter which one it is doesn't bode well.  Idzik kept a third string running back on the roster for a year who was busted with drugs and guns, but he would cut ties with the best cover man on the team because he wasn't popular with all 53 guys in the locker room?  Given his level of incompetence, I suppose that scenario really can't be ruled out either.

As I have said from the beginning and really there's no need to continue going in circles....It tells me one of two things...Idzik did not want talented players, or Idzik can't recognize talented players. I'm a fan of this team, so no matter which one it is doesn't bode well. Idzik kept a third string running back on the roster for a year who was busted with drugs and guns, but he would cut ties with the best cover man on the team because he wasn't popular with all 53 guys in the locker room? Given his level of incompetence, I suppose that scenario really can't be ruled out either.

3. Rex wanted to swap Cro for DRC, who has been awful for the Giants and is signed for 4 more years.

There is no savvy play that involves drafting Saunders and signing Patterson. At the very least he looks like a moron.

I am very sure the coaches did not really want Cro back. They look at him as a fall back. They did it when they went after Asomugha too, but he was the fall back and he was there. It was pretty obvious that Rex wanted another corner, Vontae Davis or DRC and didn't get one. I am sure the coaches were not holding out hope they could get the mighty D'mitri Patterson. The biggest surprise about Patterson is that he was healthy enough to walk out of camp.

The Saunders pick was odd at best, but going into the season with Patterson, Milliner, Wilson and McDougle wasn't exactly an atrocity. They thought they had Vontae locked up and his agent snaked the Jets. I personally wanted Alterraun Verner, and even he has sucked worse than DRC has for the Giants.

As I have said from the beginning and really there's no need to continue going in circles....It tells me one of two things...Idzik did not want talented players, or Idzik can't recognize talented players.  I'm a fan of this team, so no matter which one it is doesn't bode well.  Idzik kept a third string running back on the roster for a year who was busted with drugs and guns, but he would cut ties with the best cover man on the team because he wasn't popular with all 53 guys in the locker room?  Given his level of incompetence, I suppose that scenario really can't be ruled out either.

You DO see the difference between

-Someone who has caused their own pain and suffering

-Someone who causes strife among those around them

Don't you?

After all, you are the guy that thought it was a pretty keen idea to slap a "C" on Santonio Holmes

This whole muzzling Rex thing seems strange.  It should have been done years ago and if anything, I would imagine Buddy's health would be the last thing they would care about him talking about.  As FlGreen points out a PR guy saying "I don't have to tell you that"  is uber lame.  There is probably some truth to this story and some of it is probably complete baloney.

You guys didn't read my previous post, it's more about EXCLUDING Mehta frmo being able to TWIST a story regarding the Jets, than muzzling Rex about his sick dad. 

I love the PR Barrier. 

We never had "circus" descriptions under Parcells & Mangini's NO MEDIA POLICY. 

They are 9-2 in SPITE of their corners.  They've had 5 fumble recoveries this year.  And it helps that in the last 3 games they've gotten 17 sacks.  When they weren't getting at the QB's they were routinely giving up tons of yardage to WR's.  Denver got 385 yards from their WR's.  The 49ers 224.  Redskins 201.  Eagles 340.

Cro wouldn't be helping us right now, at all. 

if you don't think cro would be helping us he plays man best and that is what rex runs......he would take the best wr every game this year if we had him yeah he is not revis but he will have his dominant games esp in man coverage would have allowed us to roll more help to the opposite side he was on.

You guys didn't read my previous post, it's more about EXCLUDING Mehta frmo being able to TWIST a story regarding the Jets, than muzzling Rex about his sick dad.

I love the PR Barrier.

We never had "circus" descriptions under Parcells & Mangini's NO MEDIA POLICY.

Pretty sick of Mehta to want to exploit Buddy Ryan's illness to push his anti-Idzik agenda, really. What a creepy, slimy piece of trash human.

You DO see the difference between

-Someone who has caused their own pain and suffering

-Someone who causes strife among those around them

Don't you?

After all, you are the guy that thought it was a pretty keen idea to slap a "C" on Santonio Holmes

Did I say it was keen, or did I say that based on my experience in dealing with leadership and multiple approaches to developing leaders that I understood the thought process behind it?

Let's just agree to disagree.  I think Cromarite was a better investment than Patterson and that was a failure on Idzik's part.  I'm not sure what you think, but I'm sure you'll make sure it's the opposite of my thought process.

3. Rex wanted to swap Cro for DRC, who has been awful for the Giants and is signed for 4 more years.

If Rex wanted him then why didn't he sign him?  He's the one that makes the calls isn't he?

He's gone, he's fired, stop making excuses for Idzik.

going into the season with Patterson, Milliner, Wilson and McDougle wasn't exactly an atrocity. 

It was frikin abominable. 

Patterson was top end marginal when he could walk on the field, Milliner had his infamous last 4 games but still bit on every play fake made, McDougle had promise but was totally unproven, and Kyle Wilson defies description. 

Did I say it was keen, or did I say that based on my experience in dealing with leadership and multiple approaches to developing leaders that I understood the thought process behind it?

Let's just agree to disagree.  I think Cromarite was a better investment than Patterson and that was a failure on Idzik's part.  I'm not sure what you think, but I'm sure you'll make sure it's the opposite of my thought process.

There is ZERO doubt that if anyone were to evaluate the talents of Cromartie, and the talents of Patterson, side by side in a comparison., Cromartie would win by a landslide. Health concerns as well. Who could argue that?

And, forthat exact reason, it should tell you what the Jets thought of Cromartie as a contributing teammate in their locker room. Add to that, in an open market , Cromartie got essentially the same deal, should tell you what others think of him. 

Not highly.

Now, if you want to go on a s pin, and say that Idzik got rid of Cromartie to spite Rex and hamstring the success of the team, you can go on that delusional ride. Just don't expect me to go with you.

if you don't think cro would be helping us he plays man best and that is what rex runs......he would take the best wr every game this year if we had him yeah he is not revis but he will have his dominant games esp in man coverage would have allowed us to roll more help to the opposite side he was on.

But what Rex wants is no longer good for this franchise, and hasn't been for a while.  That's why we supposedly brought in a GM who could be the adult in the room and get us a new and improved roster.

There is ZERO doubt that if anyone were to evaluate the talents of Cromartie, and the talents of Patterson, side by side in a comparison., Cromartie would win by a landslide. Health concerns as well. Who could argue that?

And, forthat exact reason, it should tell you what the Jets thought of Cromartie as a contributing teammate in their locker room. Add to that, in an open market , Cromartie got essentially the same deal, should tell you what others think of him. 

Not highly.

Now, if you want to go on a s pin, and say that Idzik got rid of Cromartie to spite Rex and hamstring the success of the team, you can go on that delusional ride. Just don't expect me to go with you.

Idzik thought Cro was done based in his performance last season and he was wrong.  Yes, with the boatload of talent he went out of his way to acquire in order to give his 8-8 team a chance to improve and make the playoffs, who could possibly imply he wasn't utilizing all of his resources to bring in players to fill holes in the roster.  That's not even debatable.

I don't think the problem with Cro was that he wasn't liked.  I think the problem was that he was difficult to bench and didn't necessarily do what they wanted.  That can be a detriment to the team even when the guy is covering well. 

I certainly don't think that DRC sucking for the Giants means he would have sucked here.  I think we know Rex was angry they didn't sign DRC, I think that was more a function of not having a chair when the music stopped than liking DRc. 

How do you know the reason he did not bring him back?

Same way you know it was for character issues, I don't...just wanted to show you how it looks when somebody claims their own personal opinion as fact.  The only thing that matters at the end of the day is that Idzik let the roster get worse and saved no money doing it.  His job is to make the team better.  He failed miserably.  So many people say that pointing out the lack of talent is simply making excuses for Rex, but when obvious screw ups by Idzik are brought up, people want to jump in and make excuses for him. They're both bad and they both need to be gone. 

I don't think the problem with Cro was that he wasn't liked.  I think the problem was that he was difficult to bench and didn't necessarily do what they wanted.  That can be a detriment to the team even when the guy is covering well. 

I certainly don't think that DRC sucking for the Giants means he would have sucked here.  I think we know Rex was angry they didn't sign DRC, I think that was more a function of not having a chair when the music stopped than liking DRc. 

DRC wanted too much  money/ too many years and it was  a great move by Rex to stand firm on the offer he had already made.

Same way you know it was for character issues, I don't...just wanted to show you how it looks when somebody claims their own personal opinion as fact.  The only thing that matters at the end of the day is that Idzik let the roster get worse and saved no money doing it.  His job is to make the team better.  He failed miserably.  So many people say that pointing out the lack of talent is simply making excuses for Rex, but when obvious screw ups by Idzik are brought up, people want to jump in and make excuses for him. They're both bad and they both need to be gone. 

You showed me, in such a subtle way. Take that!

Archived