Rex knew all year that Idzik would fire him - And other Rex/Idzik Articles (merged)

Mogglez

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Screw your merging. Put it out there and bear witness to the reality that is we were all taken for a ride. stop trying to sweep it under the rug. Wasting money and time on a fire Idzick billboard. You should've merged and locked that crap thread.

Keep fighting the good fight, CV. Hasta la victoria siempre.

Screw your merging. Put it out there and bear witness to the reality that is we were all taken for a ride. stop trying to sweep it under the rug. Wasting money and time on a fire Idzick billboard. You should've merged and locked that crap thread.

Nah, I'm gonna keep merging. We don't need new Fire Rex threads. The guy is going to be fired and everyone not only knows it, but they're talking about it in other threads. 

Please, with all due respect, stop telling me how to converse here. If you do not like my posts, place my on ignore. You come off a little condescending.

If it was about $$$ with Cro, why did they choose not to exercise their option, yet then spend relatively the same on Patterson?

That does not fit your agenda

Gotcha, it's okay for you to tell me to chill out, have fun and stop drinking tea and eating crumpets which is a super respectful way to carry on a conversation.  You go off the rails so I try to bring you back on track and that's out of line? 

In regards to Cro, you're saying it was about the money, but they made a move that saved them virtually nothing?  If it was about the money, wouldn't they have made a move that would have saved them some?  What am I missing? 

I

Gotcha, it's okay for you to tell me to chill out, have fun and stop drinking tea and eating crumpets which is a super respectful way to carry on a conversation.  You go off the rails so I try to bring you back on track and that's out of line? 

In regards to Cro, you're saying it was about the money, but they made a move that saved them virtually nothing?  If it was about the money, wouldn't they have made a move that would have saved them some.  What am I missing? 

I

HELLO-THEY SPENT THE SAME ON PATTERSON AS THEY COULD HAVE ON CROMARTIE.

What does that tell you on how they thought of Cromartie?

Nice to see the Rex CYA Train isfull steam ahead already.

He'll play it as he always has, it's someone elses fault, not his.  He never had a "fair chance".

Same idiots will lap it up, and Rex will go on to fail somewhere else.

I know you don't like me, but I have to ask...where has that happened in this thread?  There is a conversation about Idzik and his inability (possible unwillingness) to put a competitive team together and you come out calling people idiots for talking about it?  There's a little bit of everything in here because everyone is  kinda nuts right now, but I don't see what you're seeing.

Rex is such a highly coveted coach!!! (But he's going straight to TV because, you know, haha, ummmm)

Great article. Not transparent at all.

He is going right to TV because the Jets have to pay him for a year. He will go to TV for at least a year and double dip.

HELLO-THEY SPENT THE SAME ON PATTERSON AS THEY COULD HAVE ON CROMARTIE.

What does that tell you on how they thought of Cromartie?

Do you know that they didn't let him walk based on the hip injury that led to his horrible performance last season? 

Rex needs to be fired. Talent or not talent, he has done his worst job coaching this season. The lack of discipline on this team, and the continued lack of accountability are the main reasons he should be fired. Never mind the issues he has had developing anything on the offensive side of the ball.

Idzik should go as well.  Two years isn't enough time to evaluate a GM in most cases. But he leaves you in good cap shape, so cut the cord now. His last draft is so concerning, he shouldn't get another one.

I should probably go on the record and say that I am 110% behind the firing of Rex.  It's the idea that the scarecrow looking, piece of garbage GM in charge may have actually decided to throw away an entire season that has me cringing.  

That would lay at the feet of owner Woody Johnson. It was he who went into the locker room in Miami last year and declared that Rex would be back THIS year. I doubt that Idzik had ANY say in that decision and so he set out to undermine Rex and make sure that he wouldn't be back. The problem for Iggy is that media peple saw through that and have called him out on it, which makes his job security very shaky. I think BOTH deserve to be fired but I will be happy if Rex goes away. I think the last myth of Rex "His team plays hard for him" went away in Detroit against Buffalo.

Do you know that they didn't let him walk based on the hip injury that led to his horrible performance last season? 

I assume that the jets had as clear of a medical view of Cromartie as any other team.

Again, the Jets paid as much to Patterson as they would have Cromartie. To the Jets, for whatever reason, they valued Patterson as much as Cromartie.

That doesn't tell you something?

I assume that the jets had as clear of a medical view of Cromartie as any other team.

Again, the Jets paid as much to Patterson as they would have Cromartie. To the Jets, for whatever reason, they valued Patterson as much as Cromartie.

Yes. It tells me Idzik is a terrible judge of character.

Despite his flaws, Cro never would have abandoned the team. Patterson did. 

Rex needs to be fired. Talent or not talent, he has done his worst job coaching this season. The lack of discipline on this team, and the continued lack of accountability are the main reasons he should be fired. Never mind the issues he has had developing anything on the offensive side of the ball.

Idzik should go as well.  Two years isn't enough time to evaluate a GM in most cases. But he leaves you in good cap shape, so cut the cord now. His last draft is so concerning, he shouldn't get another one.

To me the fear with Idzik is that he will be forced to spend and draft like a drunken sailor to keep his job.  That will just leave us with a new guy starting from scratch with a bunch of contracts we don't really want in 2016.

Idzik is super smart?

Jets wouldn’t let Rex talk about Buddy’s health situation

Posted by Mike Florio on November 26, 2014, 8:34 AM EST

Leave it to the Jets to be dysfunctional even in the process of disintegrating under the weight of dysfunction.

According to Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News, the Jets blocked coach Rex Ryan from talking to Mehta about a bye-week visit to his ailing father, legendary NFL defensive guru Buddy Ryan. Buddy, who rose to prominence as defensive coordinator of the ’85 Bears and then coached the Eagles and Cardinals, is battling cancer.

“Ryan was happy to discuss the visit, but a media relations official intervened presumably because of the News’ critical stories about Idzik,” Mehta wrote. “Asked who made the decision to prevent a willing Ryan from sharing stories about his father, the media relations official said, ‘I don’t have to tell you.'”

Mehta interprets the muzzling of Rex Ryan as proof positive that, once the season ends, Ryan will no longer be the team’s head coach. Apparently, the team fears that Rex would become more sympathetic in the eyes of the fan base if he’s dumped by the team at a time when his father is fighting a serious illness.

That sounds more than a little goofy, but why else would the Jets not let Ryan talk about his father, especially when his father is a famous former NFL coach?

The disclosure comes as part of a broader column in which Mehta goes all in against G.M. John Idzik, arguing that Idzik should be fired, too. Although an unlikely upset of the Steelers seemed to go a long way toward saving Idzik, a 35-point Monday night blowout loss to the Bills may have pushed the needle the other way.

With Ryan surely done, the question becomes whether he’ll win enough games down the stretch to save Idzik. If it was Idzik who gave the order to keep Rex from talking about Buddy, Rex should mail in the last five.

it's actually an INDIRECT way of muzzling Mehta from twisting the words of an inept "ball coach" who has no sensory chip in his brain to properly censor his formerly-fat trap of a mouth from spewing crap that would skewed as being detrimental to the team or upper management.

Jets wouldn’t let Rex talk about Buddy’s health situation

Posted by Mike Florio on November 26, 2014, 8:34 AM EST

Leave it to the Jets to be dysfunctional even in the process of disintegrating under the weight of dysfunction.

According to Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News, the Jets blocked coach Rex Ryan from talking to Mehta about a bye-week visit to his ailing father, legendary NFL defensive guru Buddy Ryan. Buddy, who rose to prominence as defensive coordinator of the ’85 Bears and then coached the Eagles and Cardinals, is battling cancer.

“Ryan was happy to discuss the visit, but a media relations official intervened presumably because of the News’ critical stories about Idzik,” Mehta wrote. “Asked who made the decision to prevent a willing Ryan from sharing stories about his father, the media relations official said, ‘I don’t have to tell you.'”

Mehta interprets the muzzling of Rex Ryan as proof positive that, once the season ends, Ryan will no longer be the team’s head coach. Apparently, the team fears that Rex would become more sympathetic in the eyes of the fan base if he’s dumped by the team at a time when his father is fighting a serious illness.

That sounds more than a little goofy, but why else would the Jets not let Ryan talk about his father, especially when his father is a famous former NFL coach?

The disclosure comes as part of a broader column in which Mehta goes all in against G.M. John Idzik, arguing that Idzik should be fired, too. Although an unlikely upset of the Steelers seemed to go a long way toward saving Idzik, a 35-point Monday night blowout loss to the Bills may have pushed the needle the other way.

With Ryan surely done, the question becomes whether he’ll win enough games down the stretch to save Idzik. If it was Idzik who gave the order to keep Rex from talking about Buddy, Rex should mail in the last five.

Rex has mailed it in since 2011.

If this story is true Idzik should be fired today. It seems to be, because they have quoted a PR guy as saying "I don't have to tell you that"

What a circus

How is it a circus? If anything, LESS REX EXPOSURE LIMITS the circus atmosphere and the checks his mouth writes, but his @$$ can't cash. 

ESPECIALLY with this PREDATORY, MANIPULATIVE, Make up a Source NY Beat Media that covers the Jets

If Idzik survives, it was a savvy play by him. He spent a rebuilding season gaining total control of the operation. The entire building was infested with Rex's drinking buddies, and now he gets to fumigate. Even if he's fired, he's done us a great service.

Savvy? Yes, because coaches are dying to come work for a GM that threw his previous head coach under the bus (and was popular with his players) and also may be on the hot seat himself. If they get rid of Idzik any coach he brings is gone too. There may be only 32 head coaching jobs, but why would a top candidate come into that situation?

The best outcome for the Jets is that Idzik is just incompetent. If this was 'plan' then the next few years will be an utter disaster for the Jets.

How is it a circus? If anything, LESS REX EXPOSURE LIMITS the circus atmosphere and the checks his mouth writes, but his @$$ can't cash. 

ESPECIALLY with this PREDATORY, MANIPULATIVE, Make up a Source NY Beat Media that covers the Jets

You got to be kidding.

Not letting a guy talk about his father with cancer? A guy who is an ex Jets coach, and has a ring with this crap team.

It doesn't matter if you like Rex or not, to muzzle him about talking about his father is unbelievable.

This whole muzzling Rex thing seems strange.  It should have been done years ago and if anything, I would imagine Buddy's health would be the last thing they would care about him talking about.  As FlGreen points out a PR guy saying "I don't have to tell you that"  is uber lame.  There is probably some truth to this story and some of it is probably complete baloney.

Absofking lutely

Archived