Jets Release Antwan Barnes, Add TE Pantale

AFJF

http://www.jetnation.com/2014/12/01/jets-release-antwan-barnes-add-te-pantale/

We have released LB Antwan Barnes from our active roster and we have signed TE Chris Pantale from our practice squad to our active roster.

— New York Jets (@nyjets) December 1, 2014

With the expectation of increased reps for rookie OLB’s Ik Inemkpali and Trevor Reilly, the  Jets have parted ways with OLB Antwan Barnes and promoted TE Chris Pantale from the practice squad.  Pantale, a Boston College product may see some playing time with rookie TE Jace Amaro sidelined with a concussion, or it could mean significant action for 6′ 7” Zach Sudfeld

http://www.jetnation.com/2014/12/01/jets-release-antwan-barnes-add-te-pantale/

We have released LB Antwan Barnes from our active roster and we have signed TE Chris Pantale from our practice squad to our active roster.

— New York Jets (@nyjets)
December 1, 2014

With the expectation of increased reps for rookie OLB’s Ik Inemkpali and Trevor Reilly, the  Jets have parted ways with OLB Antwan Barnes and promoted TE Chris Pantale from the practice squad.  Pantale, a Boston College product may see some playing time with rookie TE Jace Amaro sidelined with a concussion, or it could mean significant action for 6′ 7” Zach Sudfeld

About f*cking time

the real fear should be that Amaro can't seem to catch a ball when he's wide open with nothing but green in front of him

I agree he is dropping 1 easy catch a game. But I will cut him some slack because:

a. He's a rookie

b. This coaching staff obviously sux with grooming talent on the offensive side of the ball especially

I guess when there's no semblance of a defensive backfield, keeping edge rushers that are a 2 steps too slow doesn't make sense any longer.

Much better to put a band aid on choosing the high draft pick that cant block.

Another sterling signing and release by Idziot. Is there a GM award of the year?  Idziot surely wins it hands down. 

attachicon.gifKillerDog2a.jpg

They signed Barnes last year and he was fine.  Babin took his spot this year and I'm surprised they ever bothered to activate him off the PUP list. There was nothing wrong with the signing, though the fact that the younger guys couldn't step up is a bit concerning.

Is the other stiff still on the team? The one that runs like Shawn Bradley?

Isn't that Sudfeld?  He's still there.

They signed Barnes last year and he was fine.  Babin took his spot this year and I'm surprised they ever bothered to activate him off the PUP list. There was nothing wrong with the signing, though the fact that the younger guys couldn't step up is a bit concerning.

Isn't that Sudfeld?  He's still there.

Yeah Sudfeld

Archived