AFC South and NFC East.

Texans are a much improved team

Colts are going to be good again

Jags could be on the up with another year and offseason for Bortles

Titans aren't going anywhere

Giants are going to be tough with Cruz/Beckham

Eagles could be back to the way they are this year

Redskins are going to be the same as this year

Cowboys could see a worse season if they can't bring back Dez and DeMarco.

You know a "last place schedule" only affects two games, right?

And the schedule isn't necessarily easier either. It's only easier if the top teams in another division remain the top teams. If it reverses, then NE gets a cushier schedule than the Jets (outside of the obvious disparity in win percentage in playing each other twice).

You know a "last place schedule" only affects two games, right?

Gotta love the "we have a last-place schedule" threads.

The Jets will have the exact same schedule as the Pats, Bills and Phins, with the exception of 2 games.

Like that will make any type of difference over 16 games.

Gotta love the "we have a last-place schedule" threads.

The Jets will have the exact same schedule as the Pats, Bills and Phins, with the exception of 2 games.

Like that will make any type of difference over 16 games.

oh so if it means the difference between a 11-5 season or a 9-7 season it doesn't make a difference?

or 10-6 vs 12-4?

of course it does. easier games are always good.

Peyton can retire and Rivers is very up and down.

In the NFL lots can change from 1 year to the next. Even things that seemed certain, like Atlanta last year.

How ironic that us beating Atlanta last year was seen as being Geno's "statement" game at the time. 

oh so if it means the difference between a 11-5 season or a 9-7 season it doesn't make a difference?

or 10-6 vs 12-4?

of course it does. easier games are always good.

I am sure the last place teams in the other divisions are looking at the Jets in the samne light.

we might actually go from 4-12 to play-offs in one year.

we might actually go from 4-12 to play-offs in one year.

ONly two games are different from every other team In the Afc east. There are no last place schedule any more, all the schedule except two games are already decided for next five years.

yes in those two games you do play the team that finished where you did in your division. whose to say in 2015 those teams Aren't better than the team that finished ahead of them in 2014. Nothing ever stays the same in the NFL. teams rise, and teams fall.

It's a good thing Rex is gone because Pettine's boys would have been getting up for that game even more than they already will be. 

What will be interesting is if Rex becomes the next HC for Oakland.

Beyond that, how our schedule looks in December 2014 will be very different than how it looks in hindsight in December 2015. 

It's a good thing Rex is gone because Pettine's boys would have been getting up for that game even more than they already will be. 

Beyond that, how our schedule looks in December 2014 will be very different than how it looks in hindsight in December 2015.

personally I wouldn't mind Rex Ryan as their coach( really expected Harbaugh so it's a down grade to whoever they do hire) Still with Rex Ryan track record with quarterbacks, I can't see him getting the job.

i'd almost guarantee ryan will be coaching thre falcons. already have a franchise qb, just need to straighten out the defense.

personally I wouldn't mind Rex Ryan as their coach( really expected Harbaugh so it's a down grade to whoever they do hire) Still with Rex Ryan track record with quarterbacks, I can't see him getting the job.

i'd almost guarantee ryan will be coaching thre falcons. already have a franchise qb, just need to straighten out the defense.

Yep.  Matt Ryan would be by far the best QB Rex has worked with as either DC or HC of a team.  I think # 2 on that list would be Joe Flacco as a rookie in 2008.  Yep, Flacco.  That would allow him to focus on teaching technique on D to probably the worst defense in the NFL this past season.  Expectations are so low for that unit that mimicking the productivity of the 2014 Jets D would be considered an improvement.

Plus there's the whole subliminal "Ryan paired with Ryan" thing going on.  Atlanta is by far the best destination for him.  It would be best if he was there as a DC but we know Rex wants to be an NFL HC if there's a job to be had.

where you play those teams does make a difference too. playing the Raiders in the black hole isn't the same as playing them on the east coast.

Had we not beaten the Raiders in the Black hole the last game of the season in 2001 the Pats would have had to play there in their playoff game instead of Snow bound NE.. 

Had we not beaten the Raiders in the Black hole the last game of the season in 2001 the Pats would have had to play there in their playoff game instead of Snow bound NE..

yes and what happened the following week against the same Raider team. The Raiders did beat the Patriots in the snow in 2001( the NFL just stole one from them - because of 9-11.

Just like Raiders Patriots game should have went to overtime this year. Phathom hold call that they later apologized for.( big deal a little too late)

Losses? raiders won those three games. really not understanding what your point is.

My point is the 17 losses prior to the 3 wins all of a sudden don't count. Again, you guys are gonna love Rex. Further, that this sort of delusion is what you're resorting to in order to cope with being wrong about lecturing us how Harbaugh was all but guaranteed is absolutely delicious.

Archived