Mort: Dan Quinn the favorite; Marrone "not much of a chance"

T0mShane

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Max, on another note, how much are you paying Ape to be the forum's cheerleader?  I never seen anyone putting so much OT in my life.   :animal0018:

What does this have to do with Dan Quinn?

Slats is salty tonight.

We don't need you to mediate, T0m. COME ON!

I'm just quoting this post to acknowledge the fact that I've read it, and let you know that I think you have some sort of mental illness which requires you to always have the last word. As important as it is for you to try and prove me wrong there, I'm betting you can't.

+ 1Gazillion

Thank you. Thought I was alone there, but being new to JN I let it slide.

I think Marrone is the guy, and it's been a done deal before

The dolphins game was even played. This whole interviewing everybody and anybody is just a charade to avoid the tampering charges from lord ginger's office.

This is a trip, moody moderator lashes out at me, and every guy that has tried to argue nonsense with me and lost the past week suddenly pop-in to see if they can fan the fire.

Good stuff. 

Its a pile on, Mr Integrated. no doubt about that.

Ape, I'm curios about how much dough are you getting to be here 24/7 antagonizing other posters.  :animal0028:

My base salary is $135,000 / year. 

I get a bonus if the threads I "antagonize" reach 20 pages. Another bonus for every 10 pages after that.

I get 7% of all transactional profits from any sales that result from a banner ad lead generated from pages in threads I've "antagonized" with more than 10 posts of my own. This turns out to be huge for me when car dealers advertise with us.

I also get a flat rate bonus of $500 for every person I get to get themselves banned, as long as it's not a permaban. Research has shown that banned posters usually come back with a vengeance posting with a 57.4% higher frequency after a short ban.

I'm not entirely where I want to be compensation-wise, but I think it would be bad form to discuss that further here, because I know T0mshane is in the middle of renegotiating his contract with Maxman.

Anyway, I hope this helps you better understand my role here. Perhaps now you'll stop pwning me so much?

Jason Cole tweeting that if the Jets land Quinn, he's going to try to hire Kyle Shanahan away from the Browns.

Oh, t!ts!

Not sure if you remember, but Kyle was a guy I touted as a HC prospect that I'd love to land here. Getting Quinn as HC and Kyle as OC would actually be an even better scenario, imo. 

Holy **** let this happen. Then trade for Kirk Cousins and let Shanny develop him like he'd started to in Washington.

Oh, t!ts!

Not sure if you remember, but Kyle was a guy I touted as a HC prospect that I'd love to land here. Getting Quinn as HC and Kyle as OC would actually be an even better scenario, imo.

Holy **** let this happen. Then trade for Kirk Cousins and let Shanny develop him like he'd started to in Washington.

Completely agree. I'd be very happy if things played out that way.

Oh, t!ts!

The bloom was already off that rose before Shanahan even left Washington.

I'm all for Shanahan. Let's not bring in a QB that can match Geno turnover for turnover, though.

Oh, t!ts!

That would be a freakishly young, inexperienced coaching staff. The DC would likely be the DB coach from the Seahawks and he's young, too. Scary prospect.

That would be a freakishly young, inexperienced coaching staff. The DC would likely be the DB coach from the Seahawks and he's young, too. Scary prospect.

What's Wade Phillips doing these days? I'd consider bringing him in to run the defense.

This is a trip, moody moderator lashes out at me, and every guy that has tried to argue nonsense with me and lost the past week suddenly pop-in to see if they can fan the fire.

Good stuff. 

That's the thing, your constant need to get the final word is to conceal the fact you're wrong. 

We can go back and reopen a couple cases if you'd like. 

I'm all for Shanahan. Let's not bring in a QB that can match Geno turnover for turnover, though.

Well, compared to the other alternatives, it's worth at least bringing him in to see what happens, no? Hoyer might be the best alternative, or Geno. EEK!

I'm not sure what to tell you. I like big butts, and I cannot lie.

Word.

So, has there been anything at all to substantiate the "Quinn is the favorite" shift we saw this week? Other than us being mentioned in regard to McCloughan, I've seen nothing. The Jets have really become tight-lipped as an organization. The only information that comes out seems to be purposeful misdirection type stuff.

There really hasn't been anything. People made fun of me yesterday for saying it. But the reporter I spoke with has said Quinn was the favorite since the beginning.

But with two consultants and Woody involved, who knows where they end up.

What's Wade Phillips doing these days? I'd consider bringing him in to run the defense.

Last I heard his name, he was being considered for DC in Washington. If we went with an offensive HC, Wade was the guy I was hoping for... didn't want to say it because I get flack every time I applaud what he does as a DC though. LOL

I've been quietly agreeing with most of your points ... until this.

Young Shanahan isn't ready (for HC). The old man is hanging around just to pay off the ridiculous mansion he built in Denver when he got fired..

There really hasn't been anything. People made fun of me yesterday for saying it. But the reporter I spoke with has said Quinn was the favorite since the beginning.

But with two consultants and Woody involved, who knows where they end up.

Who made fun of you, I'll rough them up!

Young Shanahan isn't ready (for HC). The old man is hanging around just to pay off the ridiculous mansion he built in Denver when he got fired..

I think he meant he's all for Kyle Shanahan as OC, like the news update suggested.

There is also this bizarre story about Shanahan and Chris Simms. Perhaps Matt Simms may FINALLY get a shot here-from 2012, Bleacher Report

"It's not unusually for friends to get matching tattoos. Girls may get a matching tattoo with their BFF, fraternity brothers may commemorate their brotherhood. And in the case of former University of Texas teammates and current NFL coaches Kyle Shanahan (offensive coordinatior of the Washington Redskins)and Chris Simms(currently an assistant on the New England Patriots), teammates will commemorate their bond with some ink.

Chris Simms--son of commentator Phil Simms and former Broncos quarterback--first met Shanahan when they played together at the University of Texas. Over the years they formed a strong bond that has lasted to the present day. They both sport tattoos of the Texas Longhorns logo with their initials and six other close teammates. The elder Simms joked that he told his son that he would regret it later, but the friendship has lasted all these years."

Well, compared to the other alternatives, it's worth at least bringing him in to see what happens, no? Hoyer might be the best alternative, or Geno. EEK!

Would prefer Glennon or Daniel, in that order. I guess Cousins would be superior to options like Hoyer, Locker, or Ponder. Still, of the three young guys that might develop into something, I'd place Cousins a distant third on the totem pole.

I meant as an OC.

See, we still agree! Who wants a mouth hug?!

Would prefer Glennon or Daniel, in that order. I guess Cousins would be superior to options like Hoyer, Locker, or Ponder. Still, of the three young guys that might develop into something, I'd place Cousins a distant third on the totem pole.

That's fair. Like I said, the Cousins thing is just because of the Kyle connection and the context of there being absolute bunk else available.

Archived