Anyone thinking about going to see the Jets in the UK?

Maxman

If you are thinking about going, please post in this thread or email me at uk@JetNation.com.  We were approached by a travel company and they want us to promote a trip. But we are looking for feedback on it before deciding.

Thanks.

Fair enough. Let me ask you though, what's the legitimate interest in the NFL among your native friends over there?

Not much from what I see. Then again, I just moved to Germany 3 months ago, I dont know many people and I dont live in a city so I can't really be too accurate with that. What I can say is that Soccer seems to dominate everything "sports". Its huge out here. The bright side is that I rock all my Jet gear in Germany and the NFL is doing everything to provide the game to Europeans. They have NFL Game Pass out here which is like NFL Game Rewind back in the states (Though I found out when I moved here that my NFL Game Rewind only works in the states so I couldn't access the games. I was PISSED). 

I have no idea how big football is in the UK, but at least from what I've seen the stadium is packed with fans when the game. I dont know how many people watch the game on TV there though. 

This is kinda what I figured. Similar to the World Cup here. Every 4 years it's "Isn't soccer great? It's going to overtake the NHL and NBA." No, it's not.

I'm sure once a year they get all wound up an NFL game locally. But you put a franchise there? Not to mention, how many free agents are going to go there? They have higher taxes than a rich guy in NYC (seriously).

This is kinda what I figured. Similar to the World Cup here. Every 4 years it's "Isn't soccer great? It's going to overtake the NHL and NBA." No, it's not.

I'm sure once a year they get all wound up an NFL game locally. But you put a franchise there? Not to mention, how many free agents are going to go there? They have higher taxes than a rich guy in NYC (seriously).

But look at the US, Soccer is becoming pretty legit in the states now. There are soccer leagues, you go to Modell's and you can easily find soccer gear. 

The NFL is pushing to make the sport appealing outside of the states, they're simply not as far with it as Soccer. I must say that I feel that the NFL has a chance to succeed at this, and its not solely because of the NFL as an organization, but with the Internet...more importantly Fantasy Football.

Not much from what I see. Then again, I just moved to Germany 3 months ago, I dont know many people and I dont live in a city so I can't really be too accurate with that. What I can say is that Soccer seems to dominate everything "sports". Its huge out here. The bright side is that I rock all my Jet gear in Germany and the NFL is doing everything to provide the game to Europeans. They have NFL Game Pass out here which is like NFL Game Rewind back in the states (Though I found out when I moved here that my NFL Game Rewind only works in the states so I couldn't access the games. I was PISSED). 

I have no idea how big football is in the UK, but at least from what I've seen the stadium is packed with fans when the game. I dont know how many people watch the game on TV there though. 

My friend, google Hola and download it. Then you can switch to an US IP and use your old account, US Netflix (european Netflix is way more expensive and have not near the same material) etc. Have you ever heard of HBO Nordic? Nightmare..

I have Game Pass and it is for us europeans a goldmine compared to what it was 10+ years ago. 

Why football could get big over here now easier is as I see it mainly because of:

Internet

Soccer in the UK is silly expensive and normal people can´t go on many games

Why football won´t succeed this time either:

People in general find it stupid.

Also expensive and they will have no chance to get Wembley as the home of a new team (which I read somewhere was a request).

But who knows? Time is slowly changing the sports world as well. When I grew up it was only hockey and soccer for me. The last 10 years I went more and more over, and now 100% football.

Tried to get some tickets hours after they went for sale on Ticketmaster UK.Checked in 3 hours later and they were all sold out. Interestingly, only the Jets/Dolphins game. All the other matchups were still up for sale. Is there a big Jets fanbase in Europe I don't know of? Since they've have been pretty expensive after they sold out on Ticketmaster I don't know if I will buy some tickets. Will spend a few weeks in Florida in september and would be right back for the game, but if I don't get some tickets for a decent price I will pass. At least that f*****n useless NFL Shop Europe Homepage will get some Jets stuff outside the Holmes and Sanchez Jersey, that dwarf with a Jets Jersey and a cup.

If you are thinking about going, please post in this thread or email me at uk@JetNation.com.  We were approached by a travel company and they want us to promote a trip. But we are looking for feedback on it before deciding.

Thanks.

I'll be there with some friends from California.

Are they thinking of leasing a jet or just hotels and organizing some meet-ups?

SAR I

Might be interested. May have a group of some guys and wive along for the trip but perhaps not the game. Updates of cost, dates, info would be be appreciated.

I should have what they are offering tomorrow. Just to be clear, what I am looking for is feedback. I haven't looked into this trip at all myself. So I want to see if it is a good trip they put together or not.

My friend, google Hola and download it. Then you can switch to an US IP and use your old account, US Netflix (european Netflix is way more expensive and have not near the same material) etc. Have you ever heard of HBO Nordic? Nightmare..

I have Game Pass and it is for us europeans a goldmine compared to what it was 10+ years ago. 

Why football could get big over here now easier is as I see it mainly because of:

Internet

Soccer in the UK is silly expensive and normal people can´t go on many games

Why football won´t succeed this time either:

People in general find it stupid.

Also expensive and they will have no chance to get Wembley as the home of a new team (which I read somewhere was a request).

But who knows? Time is slowly changing the sports world as well. When I grew up it was only hockey and soccer for me. The last 10 years I went more and more over, and now 100% football.

You are a football lifesaver! I never heard of this but I just downloaded the app for firefox and I'm watching the Jets/Fins week 17 right now. Talk about coming through in the clutch man. If I end up going to that UK Jets game and you're there, you got a beer on me. 

You are a football lifesaver! I never heard of this but I just downloaded the app for firefox and I'm watching the Jets/Fins week 17 right now. Talk about coming through in the clutch man. If I end up going to that UK Jets game and you're there, you got a beer on me.

No biggie, glad to help a friend in need.

Tried to get some tickets hours after they went for sale on Ticketmaster UK.Checked in 3 hours later and they were all sold out. Interestingly, only the Jets/Dolphins game. All the other matchups were still up for sale. Is there a big Jets fanbase in Europe I don't know of? Since they've have been pretty expensive after they sold out on Ticketmaster I don't know if I will buy some tickets. Will spend a few weeks in Florida in september and would be right back for the game, but if I don't get some tickets for a decent price I will pass. At least that f*****n useless NFL Shop Europe Homepage will get some Jets stuff outside the Holmes and Sanchez Jersey, that dwarf with a Jets Jersey and a cup.

Yeah, I missed out in that sale. Had an appointment, by the time I got back, all gone. Though every year they release a bunch of tickets closer to the date, hopefully it'll be the same.

Archived