Maccagnan Interview

KRL

Interesting how he emphasized the network that each hire brings to the job and how these networks provide access to "intangibles" analysis.  I get the impression that sort of analysis has been missing from here since Mangini left who had his busts (boar hunter) but seemed to have a better eye for talent than Rex.    

Interesting how he emphasized the network that each hire brings to the job and how these networks provide access to "intangibles" analysis.  I get the impression that sort of analysis has been missing from here since Mangini left who had his busts (boar hunter) but seemed to have a better eye for talent than Rex.    

Eye for talent and Rex should never be used in the same sentence.

I'm impressed watching this . I felt comfortable listening to him and his plan. Sounds like this is all business for him and he knows what he's doing.

Exactly. 

Great watch.  I'm impressed with him, he was thoughtful and forthcoming without giving anything away.  As a personel guy he seems right in his wheelhouse, totally comfortable with the position he is in.

Idzik was not the guy for the job but he was a responsible captain and has really set up this new FO to make moves.

Night and day difference here then with Idzik.  Talk about a GM with a plan and the conviction and confidence to implement it.  The more I hear of Mac daddy the more at ease I become with the direction of this team.

Was also nice to see that b-roll shot of Mac Daddy and Super Bowles side by side taking notes.

The guy sounds good so far. He seems to be focusing on staff who actually know talent and like he said "what kind of guys we want in the building".   I like that.  

I'm excited to see what this regime can do. We've had a serious lack of talent evaluation the past few years. Starting with the 2010 purge where we let solid "team" guys go for the likes of Burress and Mason etc. 

The guy sounds good so far. He seems to be focusing on staff who actually know talent and like he said "what kind of guys we want in the building". I like that.

I'm excited to see what this regime can do. We've had a serious lack of talent evaluation the past few years. Starting with the 2010 purge where we let solid "team" guys go for the likes of Burress and Mason etc.

Best hire of the Jets off-season.

You guys will love what Maccagnan does.

He seems very knowledge and confident.   a guy that isn't in over his head and thoroughly prepared to take on the challenge..  It's quite refreshing form Tanny who was incredibly full of Sh-- and Idzik who was a robot...

One of the concerns a lot of people had was could he hands the media - and based on what I've seen so far - that's not going to be a problem

Best hire of the Jets off-season.

You guys will love what Maccagnan does.

Let's hope. ( not you of course) 

I had a nausea infused deja vu while writing that last post as I feel I just may have felt this way before.  I'm not sure when buuuuuuuuut.... 

He seems very knowledge and confident.   a guy that isn't in over his head and thoroughly prepared to take on the challenge..  It's quite refreshing form Tanny who was incredibly full of Sh-- and dzik who was a robot...

One of the concerns a lot of people had was could he hands the media - and based on what I've seen so far - that's not going to be a problem

Yeah so far Eric Allen has been completely manhandled by Mac. lol 

Let's wait till one questionable move is made and the post and news get their war machines rolling.  Then we'll see what he's got in that dept. 

I'm with ya and I hope you're right, but EA can barely string an entire sentence together. I'm always waiting for him to completely freeze and just say DUUUUUUH!   To his credit he seems to catch himself in the nick of time.  :D

Let's hope. ( not you of course)

I had a nausea infused deja vu while writing that last post as I feel I just may have felt this way before. I'm not sure when buuuuuuuuut....

All my friends down here are Texans fans and they hated to see Maccagnan leave.

The guys #1 priority is evaluating college talent. Jets haven't had that in 10 years.

Great move by the Jets.

I realize we havent won dick yet with these guys, and maybe it doesn't pan out. But I'm liking both hires more and more each day.

A few things I took away....

The "intangibles" with players comment was a veiled shot about a$$hole players. We're not going after guys like Suh is my conclusion after hearing that. 

Also I think you have to like the 4 positions he mentioned about the draft depth: WR, RB, OT, and OLB. All spots we need help at. 

We should pull up the comments about Idzik when we hired him 2 years ago, I bet we had the same level of optimism.  Loved his no nonsense demeanor and business like approach.  Don't get me wrong, I am impressed with Mac but let's see a draft choice or free agent signing before going gaga.

We should pull up the comments about Idzik when we hired him 2 years ago, I bet we had the same level of optimism.  Loved his no nonsense demeanor and business like approach.  Don't get me wrong, I am impressed with Mac but let's see a draft choice or free agent signing before going gaga.

+1 Idzik understands the power relationship between team and media. On the one hand, you don't spoon-feed them and run to the phone every time there's a negative headline, but on the other hand, you don't pick fights with every reporter in town because you'll lose. Smile, shake hands, say nothing.

Archived