Jameis Winston out of shape

joewilly12

Jameis Winston might want to lay off the crab legs. A photo of the Florida State quarterback looking rather out of shape started circulating the Internet on Saturday, and it left people wondering how the 2015 NFL draft’s top prospect ended up with a gut just before this week’s NFL Scouting Combine. The Big Lead’s Jason McIntyre reached out to George Whitfield, Winston’s private quarterback coach, for answers Saturday and found out that the photo might be a little deceiving. “The photo of Jameis was taken in early-mid January,” Whitfield said. “If people are saying he looks out of shape — well, did they notice he had the leash tight around his waist? That may have had something to do with it. Jameis is in shape and doing great. Anyone saying he’s out of shape, they can check him out at the combine this week.” Winston will be in Indianapolis for the combine, which starts Tuesday. The 2013 Heisman Trophy winner will be trying to solidify his status as the Tampa Bay Buccaneers’ No. 1 pick over Oregon QB and reigning Heisman winner Marcus Mariota.

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2015/02/coach-explains-out-of-shape-jameis-winston-photo-circulating-internet/

I'm kind of surprised Winston is running at the combine.  It won't be his friend.  Under the best of circumstances Winston is not terribly fast. 

Mariota on the other hand has a chance to smoke the 40.  I hope it's enough to convince the Bucs to take Mariota

Shocking. He's always looked really overweight

Same with Ben Roethlisberger thou, it's the bone structure, they just big solid dudes who will never have a ripped 6 pack, or guns the size of Laron Landry, they just not built that way, but as Ben has shown, and Jameis has shown in College you won't find it very easy corralling this guy's when you get to them, guys get thrown, shrugged, and bounce right off of them, and some just hang on while they look down field and fire a strike for a big play, like Ben I think Jameis will make gun slinging ohh sh*t type mistakes at times, but the big plays his big arm and ability to extend plays will make up for it 10 fold imo just like Ben has.

Same with Ben Roethlisberger thou, it's the bone structure, they just big solid dudes who will never have a ripped 6 pack, or guns the size of Laron Landry, they just not built that way, but as Ben has shown, and Jameis has shown in College you won't find it very easy corralling this guy's when you get to them, guys get thrown, shrugged, and bounce right off of them, and some just hang on while they look down field and fire a strike for a big play, like Ben I think Jameis will make gun slinging ohh sh*t type mistakes at times, but the big plays his big arm and ability to extend plays will make up for it 10 fold imo just like Ben has.

There is truth to this...but that pick...he doesnt have any muscle definition at all.  He's just a tub of lard. 

There is truth to this...but that pick...he doesnt have any muscle definition at all. He's just a tub of lard.

Is he even 20 yet?

I don't feel like looking for it, I know u saw it a million times, so just remember what Tom Brady looked like in his scouting combine picture before he met Barry Bonds, and Balco's finest, the best cover up job the NFL ever made, that nobody even knows about.

Is he even 20 yet?

I don't feel like looking for it, I know u saw it a million times, so just remember what Tom Brady looked like in his scouting combine picture before he met Barry Bonds, and Balco's finest, the best cover up job the NFL ever made, that nobody even knows about.

Pretty sure he's 21 now.  And yes, HGH does amazing things for athletes.  Brady especially. 

As with Mariota, I will keep my fingers crossed and pray that somebody in the building knows something we don't.

They're both so meh, its ridiculous.  I'm hoping they're gone and we get my boy Dante Fowler Jr. 

Imo, one of them will work out and everyone will scream about passing on him. I'd hate to be a GM having to make that call.

That could happen, but why roll the dice with the #6 overall pick?

Didn't the Jets do that with Sanchez?

Like you said, take Cooper or Fowler, either one will have an outstanding NFL career.

That could happen, but why roll the dice with the #6 overall pick?

Didn't the Jets do that with Sanchez?

Like you said, take Cooper or Fowler, either one will have an outstanding NFL career.

There is always a roll the dice element to any pick.

The JETS need a QB.... I see nothing wrong with picking Mariota. Would it be any worse than what we did with first rounders like Coples and Milner.

Draft a QB until you have one.....

Archived